• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite HG/SS Gym Leader?

Favorite HG SS gym leader?

• Falkner

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Whitney

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Morty

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Chuck

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Pryce

• Clair

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Brock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Misty

• Lt. Surge

• Erika

• Janine

• Sabrina

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Blaine

• Blue/Green

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I remember there was another thread like this so im reviving it! Whats your favorite HG SS gym leader? Including Kanto gym leaders guys. Both Johto and Kanto. ;D (btw if your wondering why i didnt add Koga or Giovanni, because they are not HG SS gym leaders.) And be sure to include why! And you can post the gym leader tou least like too.

Last edited:
Years
Blue was my favorite Gym Leader of HG/SS, simply because he's the most powerful that we get to face, and he's the only Leader that doesn't specialize in a single type. Plus, being able to beat your rival from a past game again is an added bonus.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Blue is my favorite gym leader because he has the highest levelled pokemon among all the other gym leaders.
But believe it or not, he's not the hardest in my opinion. He's still pretty good though.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love Jasmine out of them all. She cute and quiet, yet she's tough. And that's some of the qualities I love seeing in people in real life let alone in characters within video games. The ability to appear weak, just pack a surprising punch is what she's all about and I love it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I like Erika the best honestly. She was gentle, calm and not too hot-headed or impatient like those of Clair or cried when she lost, unlike Whitney. In general her outfit was stylish as well along with grass-types being rather fun to battle with! It really did make you think honestly, even though I have to admit Erika was rather easy it was still difficult predicting when a status move would be thrown in and Erika generally had me guessing. Erika also in general was like a blossom or a flower, swaying gently in the breeze in a way. She was just a peaceful and relaxed person, and I loved her personality. n.n

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I like Jasmine because she is a strong trainer and actully cares about others, Amphy in the lighthouse is ill she stays with him which is just so sweet.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Whitney because she has the drive to win no matter what.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
For me, my fav gym leaders are Sabrina and Blue/Green, Sabrina because shes rly though to beat and Green for being the most powerful gym leader of the game. Like Brendino said, its rly getting to beat your old rival in a different game.

Years
Falkner, Morty, Bugsy, and Blue/Green! Bugsy was super adorable and became even cuter in HGSS so I couldn't not vote for him. Morty is cool, though I admit I was more used to his older design. The others I've always loved. <3

Years
I have several faves, but my fave is Whitney because she's a cute girl and she made me love Miltank so much I ended up using one in my SoulSilver playthrough.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favorite remains the same from GSC. Jasmine! Always and forever. She's been my favorite gym leader overall since I was a kid. I like that she didn't have any little dweebs to fight.

Morty, because I see him as a normal guy that doesn't use any retarded clothe like most of the gym leaders.

Ayo, "retarded" is not a synonym for stupid.

Silver Ice

Into the night...
Years
Oh man, I can't just choose one! My favorites are Morty, Jasmine, Pryce, and Misty.

Morty has always given off the air of cool and intelligent. I love his interest in the history of his city/region, and Ghost is an awesome type!

Jasmine is quiet and calm, yet very strong at the same time. And she has that bond with her Pokemon that you really saw in the anime and even slightly in the game (Ampharos).

Even though his gym was relatively easy, he is still one of my favorite gym leaders. He's cool and wise, and I really liked his character in the anime.

Finally, Misty. Probably only because she was one of my favorite characters in the anime, but also because I love water-types. I just wish they didn't give her that hideous outfit and hairdo in the game!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Probably Blue just pipping Chuck and Blaine to the top spot. Blaine's got some decent pokémon, and the fact that his old gym is now a volcano (frickin' cool), his new gym is an icy island that he shares with a legendary pokémon (literally cool) and he may/may not have had a hand in the creation of Mewtwo (still badass despite being over 15 years old).

Chuck meanwhile, works out, likes waterfalls and has a Poliwrath - possibly my favourite fighting-type pokémon alongside Lucario and Gallade. He also has a pretty sweet location for a gym (even if he doesn't keep a close enough eye on the town to stop Silver stealing a Sneasel).

But Blue is the opponent from LeafGreen which gives added happiness from defeating him, he has Giovanni's former gym in a town with class background music (badass yet also relaxing), and his pokémon are pretty cool - although Exeggutor is nowhere near being a favourite, it's pretty tough. And I love all his others, especially Rhyhorn.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really like Morty for being the one of the very very few gym leaders to use Ghost Pokemon.
Plus i thought his gym was pretty fun, both in the original GSC and HG/SS

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Blue has to be my favourite gym leader in HG/SS. He just has everything... strong pokemons, money, and that awesome black jacket he has on. Plus, his previous accomplishments of being the rival for Red and also becoming the Pokemon League Champion only strengthen my resolve for having him as my favourite gym leader. Like I said before, Blue has a versatile group of pokemons that proves to be more challenging compared to the other 15 gym leaders. His rematches are even more tough (he has a Tyranitar.. how cool is that?!) and at the end the money one reaps after defeating Blue really takes the cake.

Besides Blue, I also appreciate a number of other gym leaders. I absolutely love Misty's transformation in HG/SS. I love fighting against Chuck (atk EV training yum). Lastly, Blaine's gym is by far my favourite; it's not every day that you get to battle a gym leader inside an actual volcano.

Back