• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I really can't be bothered doing any huge challenges like that right now tbh. I gotta find everything, and then get an emulator and get the proper games etc to use and I can do a challenge. :)

But as you know me, I came up with another challenge, again. I would call it the Ability Precipice/Threshold/Uhh... Brink challenge. Pretty much you choose however many abilities as you want in the game and you have to use Pokemon which fit the description of those abilities, so they don't have to necessarily have the abilities themselves. For instance, you could use the Sturdy, which would be that your Pokemon must be able to learn 2 One-hit KO moves via level and must know at least one of them. Or something like Illuminate would be that you have to use a Pokemon which can learn Flash.

Years
I really can't be bothered doing any huge challenges like that right now tbh. I gotta find everything, and then get an emulator and get the proper games etc to use and I can do a challenge. :)

But as you know me, I came up with another challenge, again. I would call it the Ability Precipice/Threshold/Uhh... Brink challenge. Pretty much you choose however many abilities as you want in the game and you have to use Pokemon which fit the description of those abilities, so they don't have to necessarily have the abilities themselves. For instance, you could use the Sturdy, which would be that your Pokemon must be able to learn 2 One-hit KO moves via level and must know at least one of them. Or something like Illuminate would be that you have to use a Pokemon which can learn Flash.

I know I've already said this

but the perfect, but yet, simple, challenge for Alternative to partake in:

Rainbow Road ~ Contributed by Alternative
Monocolor is always fun, but how about a nice array? Only catch is one per color and in order.

Rules: In this challenge you must have a team of 6 Pokemon, and each 1 must be a different color to represent all 6 colors of the rainbow. (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). The must also be caught in order. You must have your red Pokemon by the 2nd gym, (if your starter isn't red you may use it for help up to the 2nd gym. Even if it meets the future color criteria you may not use it again as it isn't a catchable Pokemon). You must have 3 pokemon by the 4th badge, and 6 by the 7th. NFEs are allowed, and no legends. ALSO all 6 pokemon on your team must be caught with a different pokeball, so no 2 pokemon on your team can live in the same ball (unless you're playing R/B/Y or FR/LG for you may use 2 pokeballs, 2 great balls, 1 ultra ball, 1 masterball).

Doesn't that one sound familiar? It's your child and it's saying

"Please mommy/daddy alternative why did you abandon me in the cold orphanage that is Laure's house, she beats me with whips and feeds me maggots on moldy toast"

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
well that's way pout of proportion of what I meant of how you should play the challenge. When I said in order I meant you have to catch it in order of when you started. FOr instace, if you stat with blue, then you have to catch a Purple, the a Red, orange and so on. :)

Years
well that's way pout of proportion of what I meant of how you should play the challenge. When I said in order I meant you have to catch it in order of when you started. FOr instace, if you stat with blue, then you have to catch a Purple, the a Red, orange and so on. :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought you had to start on Red

one day I will edit it

one day

*watches the Earth die as she sips on her coffee remembering the last time she said she'd edit something in that thread it took a week*

Anyway I feel a fool, I had the idea for a point based challenge before I knew what royal was ;_;
and Idk I don't like the race thing because for people like me one day I'll have all the time in the world to play Pokemon, and then next thing I know many days go by

Here is an idea, a whole group plays against one another
they can play no more than 1 hour a day on their game
no speed button
to ensure no one is just racing to the elite 4 points will be given
like maybe +1 for every Pokemon added to your Pokedex +5 for every item you receive from talking to people or something like that

and then what you can do with your points is go to the Laure store where you can buy various items like items that force an opponent of your choosing to release a Pokemon that was a part of their team, seal a Pokemon's move or evolution. I guess there could also be revival items for yourself, you could also make allies or enemies by being able to help someone out by giving them spare points, in hopes they don't screw you over later

Idk I keep trying to come up with a challenge version of a PO tournament I use to host that we named after the Hunger Games. Every arena day two tributes are picked to battle each other they win points they lose points, give points to their friends, use items to help/hurt each other, and every arena day I roll the dice and if I got a 6 the person with the lowest number wasn't allowed to play anymore :D

That won't work for a challenge but I'm trying to think of something fun

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought you had to start on Red

one day I will edit it

one day

*watches the Earth die as she sips on her coffee remembering the last time she said she'd edit something in that thread it took a week*

Anyway I feel a fool, I had the idea for a point based challenge before I knew what royal was ;_;
and Idk I don't like the race thing because for people like me one day I'll have all the time in the world to play Pokemon, and then next thing I know many days go by

Here is an idea, a whole group plays against one another
they can play no more than 1 hour a day on their game
no speed button
to ensure no one is just racing to the elite 4 points will be given
like maybe +1 for every Pokemon added to your Pokedex +5 for every item you receive from talking to people or something like that

and then what you can do with your points is go to the Laure store where you can buy various items like items that force an opponent of your choosing to release a Pokemon that was a part of their team, seal a Pokemon's move or evolution. I guess there could also be revival items for yourself, you could also make allies or enemies by being able to help someone out by giving them spare points, in hopes they don't screw you over later

Idk I keep trying to come up with a challenge version of a PO tournament I use to host that we named after the Hunger Games. Every arena day two tributes are picked to battle each other they win points they lose points, give points to their friends, use items to help/hurt each other, and every arena day I roll the dice and if I got a 6 the person with the lowest number wasn't allowed to play anymore :D

That won't work for a challenge but I'm trying to think of something fun
Something close to the idea has been thought of before. Not much came of it, but I still have it saved in a folder on my lappy. Its actually a combination of two ideas. One was the "Stock Market League" where you play, and every day or so the OP posts in a thread saying "Anyone who has a Grass Type gets a point" or something similar to that. The other challenge is hard to explain, but it was to take over a long period of time, and the goal was to get to like 10,000 points to "buy arceus". Every trainer you beat and every item you sold netted you some money. Every Pokemon you evolved, every item you bought, every time you lost, or if you wanted to "buy" a Pokemon, that lost you money. Once you beat the game, you wouldn't be able to afford Arceus from the start, so you would have to buy a weaker Pokemon and start the game over with that Pokemon. Make sense?

Years
Bleh that's kinda super tedious, I wouldn't give points for every thing, just the little things to do so you have to make wise choices on how to use your one hour

But might not happen because you'd need a lot of active people and ass I found out from the egg salad challenge people will be super excited posting all the time, and then bam, never hear from them again

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I'm back for a week before going to Norway :D
(Hides away again because Laurie's post describes my Favorites challenge :embarrass)

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I am really interested in making a challenge so I came up with an idea that I don't have a name for yet.

What you have to do is, for each gym, you have to only have one pokemon and that pokemon is weak to the gym leaders pokemon.

For instance, on Brock because he's rock, you have to use ONE of the following:
A fire-type pokemon (Maybe your starter)
An ice-type pokemon (sneasel)
A flying type pokemon (pidgey)
A bug type pokemon (caterpie)

(those arent the ones you have to use, just examples)
On the first gym you are allowed to level your pokemon to level 15 then you have to go straight to the first gym.

I am currently thinking of other level caps but I would like to make this challenging but not impossible.

On the elite four you have to use JUST the one pokemon that is weak to the trainer and if you die on that trainer you have to reset until you defeat them.

On the champion you can use all of your pokemon.

Do you guys understand what I am trying to explain about how my challenge would work? Feedback would be appreciated

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
We have this challenge here.
It's the Disadvantage Challenge or something like that
Plus you wouldn't be able to use Ice to face Brock because all his pokemon are part Ground,which is weak to ice

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
We have this challenge here.
It's the Disadvantage Challenge or something like that
Plus you wouldn't be able to use Ice to face Brock because all his pokemon are part Ground,which is weak to ice
I think what he meant was that Brock is the Rock type gym leader so you'd have to use Pokemon specifically weak to that gym. Also with that being said, people like Volkner in Diamond and Pearl only had what, two electric types, so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to use a grass or fighting type, since they're good against his Octillery and Ambipom.

Anyway, i was wonderinf if I could get some help with my Ability list. You see, it's a challenge I'm preparing for this place, and you have to choose abilities and use Pokemon based off those abilities. So if you chose Analytic, you would have to use a Pokemon which could learn Mind Reader, or if you chose Colour Change, you'd have to use a Pokemon which has a different form, such as Castform, or Cherrim. :) I can't be bothered going through all 164 abilities (I counted), so if anyone you like to help me, I'd be grateful. ^_^

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

I think what he meant was that Brock is the Rock type gym leader so you'd have to use Pokemon specifically weak to that gym. Also with that being said, people like Volkner in Diamond and Pearl only had what, two electric types, so by that logic, you wouldn't be able to use a grass or fighting type, since they're good against his Octillery and Ambipom.

Anyway, i was wonderinf if I could get some help with my Ability list. You see, it's a challenge I'm preparing for this place, and you have to choose abilities and use Pokemon based off those abilities. So if you chose Analytic, you would have to use a Pokemon which could learn Mind Reader, or if you chose Colour Change, you'd have to use a Pokemon which has a different form, such as Castform, or Cherrim. :) I can't be bothered going through all 164 abilities (I counted), so if anyone you like to help me, I'd be grateful. ^_^
Sure, I can help a bit. PM me a list or whatever with what you have so far.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm trying to get my challenge addiction back. ;_; I guess I'll go attempt a challenge right now, hopefully that'll spark something. And now I feel bad for not being here for the team challenge get-together thing. :c

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't worry, Inferno. Perhaps we'll have another event like this without GT8 time restrictions. wink wink nudge nudge. WHO IS THAT GUY FROM IN YOUR THEME I KNOW I'VE SEEN HIM.

Enigma

Years
Don't worry, Inferno. Perhaps we'll have another event like this without GT8 time restrictions. wink wink nudge nudge. WHO IS THAT GUY FROM IN YOUR THEME I KNOW I'VE SEEN HIM.

Rockzilla from "My Dad the Rockstar". Shown on Nick (mostly Nicktoons Network) for a while, but I guess it didn't last long. Loved watching it, only had like two seasons though. (Series was made by Gene Simmons, thus the resemblance)

I feel like I just over-answered a simple question. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, I remember that show! I can't remember if I liked it very much, but I do remember that it didn't last long. :( It's probably better than the stupid stuff on Nick now. Like...I just can't w/ Nick anymore okay. lol It's bad. I saw a commercial for a 90's night though! I didn't catch the date, but my eyes welled up at the thought of 90's All That. Like omg, that was my favorite show as a kid, along with Kenan and Kel. Those people were all my idols okay. /random discussion about Nickelodeon

Enigma

Years
Yes, I remember that show! I can't remember if I liked it very much, but I do remember that it didn't last long. :( It's probably better than the stupid stuff on Nick now. Like...I just can't w/ Nick anymore okay. lol It's bad. I saw a commercial for a 90's night though! I didn't catch the date, but my eyes welled up at the thought of 90's All That. Like omg, that was my favorite show as a kid, along with Kenan and Kel. Those people were all my idols okay. /random discussion about Nickelodeon
It was one of Nick's last good shows they had before they went off the deep end. :/ I also heard about that 90's night too. Oh, and they show the more classic 90's/early 2000's cartoons during midnight and around that time on Nicktoons Network. Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life ;_; (And yes, very random discussion that is now bordering on a discussion about how much everyone misses their childhood.)

Oh, and I will be completing a challenge or two tomorrow. Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back