• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you first start playing pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I started playing Pokemon at 4th grade. Ruby and Sapphire were my first games; I never got R/B/Y/G/S/C.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Once upon a time, when the world was young and humankind too, something called "Pokémon" was released in the country I resided in. I was but a mere lad, in pre-pubertal age, unmarried and hav'th not felt the fertile bosom of a young woman.

"Trade your Chansey for my Venosaur" quoth she, and whistles thrice.

Years
Even though I watched the show since the beginning, and started collecting the cards when they first came out, I didn't get my Game Boy until the Summer of 2001, and I didn't have my own game (Gold) until my 10th birthday.

As for my favorite generation, it has to be a tie between the 2nd and the 3rd. I didn't mind R/S/E, but I thought that FR/LG was slightly better than the 2nd gen games.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
Years
Christmas '98, a soon-to-be 8 year old got a purple GBC+Blue while my older brother got a green GBC+Red.

Best. Christmas. Evah.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Years and years ago.. my first Pokemon game was Yellow and that was given to me by my Aunt she got bored of the game, supposedly and my favorite Generation would have to be.. generation 1, but I also like generation 2. They were both great generations.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I started playing Pokemon shortly after Yellow was released. I was five and and I really liked watching the older kids play Red and Blue on their Game Boys at Day Care.

My brother and I begged our parents for Game Boys and we ended up getting Game Boys and games. He got a purple Game Boy Color and Blue Version and I got a Yellow Game Boy Color and Pokemon Pinball. I got Yellow a couple weeks later as a reward for getting a good report card.

I was five and my brother was three.

My favorite region is Hoenn. I think it's pretty and the berry system is better than the others.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Started with Red Version all those years ago.
Ah, memories <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I believe I saw millions of threads like this in PC, nevertheless, I shall contribute to this thread.

I started playing Red around 2001/2002 (I can't remember) that was when somebody (which I forget) gave me and my cousin the red cartridge, we took turns to play it on that single cartridge. Well, after 1 year, he suddenly said he lost that cartridge, I was like FUUUUU, and forgotten about it after awhile. Its only 2009 I found that cartridge in his house and asked if he wanted to give me it. Since he doesn't play Pokemon anymore, he agreed and I put that cartridge into my Gameboy Colour and realized that he had a level 100 Snorlax (my favourite pokemon).

I know my English is bad.

gilbertman

Where am I?
Years
I was a late bloomer to the world of Pokemon. I was actually one of those dreadful people in grade school who made fun of those "Pokemon Nerds"... Something I am woefully regretful of... But it was when my brother decided to rent the 5th Pokemon movie did my eyes get openned to the world of Pokemon and all It's glory. It was just a week later that I had to buy Pokemon Ruby. And it was wonderful! And ever since I've had to purchase every version of every generation that has come out. And I've even tried to make amends for all the Pokemon dising I did back in the day by spreading the Pokemon love where ever I can. :D

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I got Blue (along with my turqoise Gameboy color) near when it first came out in the UK. :)

Pity that 12 years later the battery on the cartridge no longer works! :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I started playing Pokemon Crystal on my Game Boy Advance when I was about 10. My sister had gotten it for her birthday but she didn't like it so I ended up with it. :)

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
When did you first start playing pokémon!

Hey Guys :cheeky:

I was just wondering what was your first ever pokémon game! Mine was pokémon yellow for the Gameboy!!

Also what is your favorite generation of games! mine has to be the second generation they were when I got old enough to actually have enough patience to complete a pokémon game!

Also guys could you please check my youtube channel out, I have just started doing a pokémon liquid crystal Lets Play and I need all the support i can get:D

Here's my channel link! youtube.com/user/MrCrispyGames

Pokemon Yellow also was my first pokemon game; followed by Pokemon Red. Never did get to experience Pokemon Blue. As for my favorite generation(s) of pokemon games; It comes down to a tie between the 2nd and 4th generations.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...

My Game Boy Colour was also green and my first game was also Yellow. Those were the days...

EB

Re: World
Years
Pretty Lights - Aimin' At Your Head

Blue version; 1998 :cer_boogie:

Only overwritten that data once. Maxed out at 255:00 years ago.

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
Years
I believe I started playing about a week after Red came out. I was in my local shop & saw it so begged my Mum to get it for me & she did! I got Blue for Christmas that year too. It must have been years & years ago (I remember being about 7 or 8?... 22 now!)

Years
When I was very tiny and didn't quite know what the concept of Pokemon was, I played on my cousins Blue, Red, or Yellow, I forgot which version he had. I would play it whenever I got the chance. Then I finally got LeafGreen, as I wasn't quite ready to own a game or even a game system. Now I play White and other, yet I still play LeafGreen, I am even doing a nuzlocke run right now!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
My first game would be pokemon snap, my first main series game would be gold, but i didnt really kno how to play till i got emerald :3, and my favourite generation would be 3 :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
My first pokemon game was pokemon leafgreen and it was in French.
As for my favorite generation it would be tied from Gen III and Gen IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back