• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Volcano Red

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
2m6oc5e.jpg
Name: Pokémon: Volcano Red
Platform: PC/RMXP

Info: So, Hey Guys!! It's me Nintendork15, the guy no one likes.
I know you've all seen my 'Varion!' Thread, I am still working on that, but I'm also working on this here so.
This, pretty much is and will remain a Pokémon Red Re-Remake.
I want to do one, because all the 'Kanto' remakes I see, aren't as good as they could be, like maps are ripped from HGSS, making less original.
I'm trying to put as much Custom Graphic in as possible but essentially it will be a HGSS Style.

Story:
Welcome to the World of Pokémon! What are Pokémon? Pokémon are cute, tough, strong, fun, little or giant creatures that live in our world with us, with over 151 to pick, anyone can travel and bond with them, and now it's your turn, You've turned 11 and now can recieve your pokémon from the Famous Professor Oak. Along your way you'll witness great fights, create wonderful bonds with pokémon, and fight evil which ever side it may lay on, but most of all, become the Ultimate Champion and ... Catch Them All!

Features:

Extra Pokémon to be Caught
Since I'm only doing a Red Re-Remake and not a Green one to go with it, extra pokémon will be catchable in different routes to make as many as possible catchable. For example, In Route 1, you have a 65% of coming across Rattatas and Pidgeys, and now a 35% of Pikachus Caterpies and Weedles.

HGSS styled Dungeons
Any naturally made dungeons like Viridian Forest, and Mt. Moon which somehow magically changed from the time zone of FR/LG to HG/SS will be mapped and presented as they were shown in HG/SS. Of course this'll mean in some caves I have to add more areas for various people to show up at *Team Rocket*

Visit Kanto, Johto & the Sevii Islands
Pretty Self Explainatory if I'm honest. Like in the original FR/LG you get to visit the Sevii Islands after beating Blaine's Gym. But after the Indigo League has been defeated you can venture onward to the Johto Region, 3 years before it's debut.

Stop the Evil Team Rockets
The Region is not safe these days with Team Rocket and it's Mafia like activity.

More Natural looking Maps
All the maps will be revamped into a more natural look way, like trees planted in less block formations and the same with water and grass.

A New Rival
Upon your first entry to Viridian City, a lovely young girl named Elsa challenges you to a casual Pokémon battle, afterwards she reveals her intentions of becoming Pokémon Champion, and deems rivalry with you.

Two new Islands
Within my hacking days looking in the fire red roms, I found 2 maps one called '' Sevii Isle 8'' and the other ''Sevii Isle 9'' which gave me the idea to add Eight Island and Nine Island to Volcano Red. Just for funs.

Stop the Evil Team X's Return.
It's been many years since Team X have been spotted in the Septi Region, it appears the admins escaped to Kanto and the Sevii islands, to rebuild and reek havoc, to prove their worth to the Boss of Team X, will they succeed? Or will you thwart there plans again ?

Screenshots:
ViridianCity3.jpg
ViridianCity2-1.jpg
ViridianCity1-1.jpg

Route1-1.jpg
PAlletTown-1.jpg
Oakslab.jpg

fight.jpg

Music:
Pallet Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqmSzdapQeg

Route 1 & Viridian City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tgmgLaVPA

Wild Pokémon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBanORs_TM

Things to note I need to do:
  1. Need to replace Lucas Overworld
  2. Need to map and script up to Mt. Moon
  3. Need to make sprites for Team X, Rivals 1 & 2, and Red.
  4. Make New Titlescreen
  5. Make new Battle Backdrops.

Credits/Team:
Nintendork15 - Team Leader, Mapper, Sound Design, Scripter, Spriter
ElsaRingTail - Sound Design
KhKramer - Logo/Banner Design
Pokémon*Diamond - Various Tiles
Nintendo/GameFreak - Sprites, Tiles, Making and Remaking R/B/Y

Download:
[None as of Yet!]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Looking forward to see how this turns out ;)
Maybe I can create a logo for you?

Aénex

I don't like that shadow there in the first screenshot. None of those shadows should exist. And also, those screenshots are JPG/JPEG. They shouldn't be. Never. Save. As. JPG/JPEG. JPG/JPEG images have terrible quality. Next time, save them as PNG's.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I don't like that shadow there in the first screenshot. None of those shadows should exist. And also, those screenshots are JPG/JPEG. They shouldn't be. Never. Save. As. JPG/JPEG. JPG/JPEG images have terrible quality. Next time, save them as PNG's.

Those shadows are possible, and do clearly exist. The lampposts around the player have a shadow/light source which create a light on the tile, and a shadow source to any objects around or near it.
And the screenshots are purposely saved as .JPEG.
It prevents people stealing stuff from my screenshots and adding it to there game.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a FollowMe Pokémon script, like in HGSS where the first Pokémon follows you. Would that be a good feature to add?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Those shadows are possible, and do clearly exist. The lampposts around the player have a shadow/light source which create a light on the tile, and a shadow source to any objects around or near it.
And the screenshots are purposely saved as .JPEG.
It prevents people stealing stuff from my screenshots and adding it to there game.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a FollowMe Pokémon script, like in HGSS where the first Pokémon follows you. Would that be a good feature to add?

Those lampposts aren't lit at all, also it's day time so the only shadow possible is the sun->player one.

Anyway, good job on this. :)

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I like this... As long as you can keep up with both projects I'm happy.

Also on a side note I don't hate you or dislike you hehe

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Those lampposts aren't lit at all, also it's day time so the only shadow possible is the sun->player one.

Anyway, good job on this. :)

Look closer, they are lit.
I'll try take a nightime shot to prove myself right if you want.

I like this... As long as you can keep up with both projects I'm happy.

Also on a side note I don't hate you or dislike you hehe

Thanks!! ^-^
And I should be able too, Volcano Red is something I'm doing in my spare time.
Where as Varion! is something to do with my college work so i have time outside and inside of college to work on it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Oakslab.jpg

Oak's Lab done.
All 'Lucas' overworlds are place holders, till I find the correct overworlds (the old HGSS pack was only uploaded to Megaupload, which is taken down by the FBI, Anyone got a replacement?)

Just a little update before I plonk off to sleep
Route22.png

Route 22 mapped and done.
Didn't and don't have enough time to take individual screenshots.
I might do tommorow.

Last edited:

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
^ Great job. If you need a mapper to help you finish the maps, I can help :)

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I've got your support bro! I tried making a Blue remake years ago. Some ideas - try to add some story elements from the manga to make it more interesting and some things from the anime too. I wanted to add the Battle Pyramid in the route right before Pewter City in my remake, as it appearing in the anime. Of course, it wouldn't be available until the player beat the Elite Four and such. Ideas like these would make your game more unique. Ask yourself, why would I play this if I could just play HeartGold or even FireRed on an emulator?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
As I wrote somewhere in the first post, there is an extra Evil Team in the Game, and a couple new trainers (including a new rival), I plan to add a Eight Island and Nine Island, since they were planned.
There will be 16 gyms to do, a new final battle to find, and lots of other things, you'll have to play to find out about.
And I won't be adding and manga or anime things into the game, In my eyes the Manga/Anime/Game should all be kept seperate.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I won't be able to work on this as much as i hoped for, I've gotten mad and broke my iPod and Netbook and am posting this from a Laptop i borrowed from college.

I will work on it, but updates will be less frequent.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This has gotten real quiet...

Anywho, I've been attempting to sprite.

Which do you prefer?

A?
LeaderBrock.png

or, B?
LeaderBrockHGSS.png