• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The dates I previously estimated commenced in the same week which was;

Japan; Wed Oct 16, UK; Fri Oct 18, US; Sun Oct 20, AU; Tue 22 Oct.

In most cases, Australia usually got new games before Europe. The only times Australia came last was with Red & Blue and Black & White.

I'll probably see the order being Japan, US, Australia, Europe like with HG/SS and B2/W2. I do agree with Suicune that the games should all be released in the same week so that people from certain countries don't get unfortunate spoilers.

I think it's highly unlikely they'll be released near my birthday (October 1) so I guess I'll have to get them for Christmas again, like what I did with Black 2/White 2.

Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!

I have seen a continuing trend with version exclusives, they make one game have male-looking exclusives and the other have female-looking exclusives. Take Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 for example. The former had female-looking exclusive Pokemon while the latter had male-looking exclusives.

However, I could see X being the "male-looking" game and Y being the "female-looking" game given I've seen fanart depicting the male protagonist with Xerneas and the female with Yveltal. I will eventually come to a conclusion when the version exclusives get revealed since my main version I play from a paired version usually has female-looking exclusives.

A gender difference for the rival could be a neat twist, but I'd rather it change gender depending on the player's gender, like what they did with Yancy/Curtis in B2/W2, they made Yancy appear if your gender is male, and Curtis if you are female.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I wouldn't like to have the games released on my birthday. People would like call me and visit me to wish me a happy birthday and I'd be like "GO AWAY, NEW POKéMON"!

Yep, this. I already don't like people calling me to wish happy birthday, as I am usually busy, but having Pokemon released on it would suck. I wonder when we will get some new information? It's been 2 weeks since we last got information, and I'm sure most of us a craving for more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Dude, I wish Pokemon got released on my birthday. XD I'd just go buy it after my family comes over.

Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!

That's a clever idea actually. Though it implies all the X exclusives are female only and vice versa. Ah, no matter, I'm getting both games. XD

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Personally I'd love Pokemon on my birthday just so I wouldn't have to pay for it! HAHA FREE POKEMON.

Closer to Halloween would be neat as well!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'm kind of thinking Pokémon X and Y might be released sometime in the second quarter of October, but again I'm assuming they might release the games on the same day, but then again... they might end up launching them in the same month but on separate dates. Just hopefully they'll release it in the US, UK or Australia first, rather than it being released in Japan first.

Otherwise we're going to see Pokémon X and Y walkthroughs in Japanese text first. xD

blue

gucci
Years
The majority of Pokemon games are released later in the month that they're released in irrc, I can see the same applying for X & Y around the 16th mark.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well B/W was released on the 4th, so... nothing is impossible really. The whole month is just one big speculation. XD;

Platinum Lucario

Years
Speaking of which, was it this week that we might learn of a new Gen 6 pokemon, from Pokemon Smash?

That reminds me, I completely missed Pokémon Smash this week. x.x

Oh well, I'll see what they actually revealed. But it would be interesting if there was more information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y on next week's Pokémon Smash.

But knowing that they're doing a worldwide launch, I think information would be synchronized between all countries in the world, rather than Japan first.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
An Eeveelution being revealed would be awesome if it's the first non-legendary/starter to be revealed, which'd make me think that Eevee is more important than we actually think (although GF has always liked Eevee so it's no surprise really).

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
If its an eeveelution then what types do you guys expect it'll be? Also if its the rodent/bird reveal instead which types of rodents and/or birds do you think it'll be in Gen 6?

blue

gucci
Years
A Ghost type evolution would fit well in the eeveelution chart IMO, although it could be any of the other types currently available and I'd be happy with any of them basically.

This is what was at the end of the Smash Episode for those who didn't see:
1zq4mmq.png

Platinum Lucario

Years
A Ghost type evolution would fit well in the eeveelution chart IMO, although it could be any of the other types currently available and I'd be happy with any of them basically.

This is what was at the end of the Smash Episode for those who didn't see:
1zq4mmq.png

To me, that kind of looks like an outline of a person with a question mark inside it. Could the new Eeveelution be based off a person? Does this mean it's gonna be a Fighting-type?

Or does this mean someone person is going to be in the short film?

blue

gucci
Years
To me, that kind of looks like an outline of a person with a question mark inside it. Could the new Eeveelution be based off a person? Does this mean it's gonna be a Fighting-type?

Or does this mean someone person is going to be in the short film?

Well it's a person because prior to this, he was wearing a Glaceon outfit so I can only assume if they unveil a new eeveelution that he would be wearing the outfit for it.

Oh and the logo in the bottom right corner of the image looks similar to the Pikachu & Eevee Friends Movie short airing this year.
eeveemovieposter.jpg

Platinum Lucario

Years
Well it's a person because prior to this, he was wearing a Glaceon outfit so I can only assume if they unveil a new eeveelution that he would be wearing the outfit for it.

Oh and the logo in the bottom right corner of the image looks similar to the Pikachu & Eevee Friends Movie short airing this year.
eeveemovieposter.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's been alot of speculation about the last character in the name of the short film and because it gives us a clue that it might be about a new Eeveelution being introduced. Who knows? Even I'm speculating a Light-type Eeveelution for this one. They might reveal it at the same time as when Pokémon Smash announces it, if not earlier.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They've been using Eevee (Smash episode from last week) and its evolutions for promotional info. Last week the guy dressed up as Eevee gave something to the kids, then later they recieved promotional cards for the TCG. Sunday's Smash, Glaceon appeared and handed something to the guys, right after Junichi appeared in a video call and Smash streamed the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y promotional trailer. I don't know if they only did those two Eevee forms or not. If those two were the only ones done, then the "?" Outline can be Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, or Leafeon to continue with the promo handouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back