• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Development: More TMs/HMs

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Is there any way to disable the animation on the overworld for learning TMs?
Also what do you mean by "Also the sequence for the new TMs is not right."?

Idk how to disable it, but good new is emerald doesnt have the animation.
The New TM is located between HM08 and TM01 in bag. There must be some routine that will auto arrange it.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
[...]
Every works fine but the animation when you forget move to learn new TM(thought it is pointless) will kill the game.
[...]

So it works fine when you're not overwriting an existing move?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Notes: BUG found, so use this at your own risk.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Also this is for Fire Red
1.First you need to create new TM, but once you create one, you need to follow it with another one until all are added.
If you don't want to overlap the previous item, item extension should be consider.

To remove the limiter for item extension
Spoiler:

Then repoint the item data(3DB028) and image & palette pointer(3D4294) like what you did in pokemon expansion.

2.After that repoint the TM/HM table at 45A80C, it should be 0x74 bytes long.
Then add whatever move you want to have for new TM.

3.Fix the TM move index routine
Spoiler:

125A78: 00 49 08 47 FF FF FF 08, FF FF FF 08 = first asm location+1
tm_table is what you repoint at step 2.

4.Fix the No.# things
Spoiler:

131D5A: 01 48 00 47 00 00 FF FF FF 08, FF FF FF 08 = second asm location+1

5.Fix the compatibility
Spoiler:

43C40: 00 48 00 47 FF FF FF 08, FF FF FF 08 = third asm location+1
table refer to your pokemon TM/HM compatibility table

Format:
It works exactly the same as vanilla fire red, but two more line added, so it supports up to 128 TM/HM.
Now each entry cost you 16 bytes, so the old compatibility table is dead.

Spoiler:

Every works fine but the animation when you forget move to learn new TM(thought it is pointless) will kill the game.
Also the sequence for the new TMs is not right.
Nice work! I was actually working on TM expansion as well, but gave up due to lack of motivation and graphics bugs, so I'm glad someone decided to step up to the plate! I'll see what I can do about porting this to EM, but it'll probably take a while, since I have school and other fun stuff.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
Put 00 00 at 0x11CE6E will stop the animation to learn TM directly in fire red, instead of pushing b button.
Then put 00 F0 0E FA at 0x11CA2C to skip the whole set of animation directly.^^

Edit: Both must be done to disable it.

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Put 00 00 at 0x11CE6E will stop the animation to learn TM directly in fire red, instead of pushing b button.
Then put 00 F0 0E FA at 0x11CA2C to skip the whole set of animation directly.^^

Edit: Both must be done to disable it.

I hope Karatekid will add Expansion of TM function in his G3HS tool :v *hey! I'm so lazy!*

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
I probably miss something out , this animation come out very randomly, fortunately not an issue:).
View attachment 74186

Also when you use the old TM without overwrite a move, it will show something like this if you apply what I said in previous post.
View attachment 74187
It ends very quickly, not a big issue, but I will take some time to fix it.
Edit: Put 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 44 E0 at 0x11CD9E to fix this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I probably miss something out , this animation come out very randomly, fortunately not an issue:).
View attachment 74186

Also when you use the old TM without overwrite a move, it will show something like this if you apply what I said in previous post.
View attachment 74187
It ends very quickly, not a big issue, but I will take some time to fix it.
Edit: Put 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 44 E0 at 0x11CD9E to fix this.

This is nice,And if then put on Emerald what is code?

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have another problem, which I do not get solved.

I have expanded the items on 512. And my TMs have the same so made that direct the 128 piece all in consecutive order. But the problem is that the ASM hack is controlled so that it "skips" some areas. There are therefore only HMs from 60-117 displayed or so. In addition, no three-digit numbers are displayed.

I would be glad if you would help me or at least would document the ASM hack because there looks frankly no one through.

Otherwise, thank you for your trouble.
11.%20wink.gif

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I have another problem, which I do not get solved.

I have expanded the items on 512. And my TMs have the same so made that direct the 128 piece all in consecutive order. But the problem is that the ASM hack is controlled so that it "skips" some areas. There are therefore only HMs from 60-117 displayed or so. In addition, no three-digit numbers are displayed.

I would be glad if you would help me or at least would document the ASM hack because there looks frankly no one through.

Otherwise, thank you for your trouble.
11.%20wink.gif

You might want to quote his post or private message him if you really want him to respond.

Back