• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Editing Fire Red's Intro Text Made Easy

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
This helps a lot I could relate to this problem thanks for the help.

Zemekis

The Booze Cruise
Years
Hey guys, I've been working on a hack and i'm having trouble editing the intro as well. But not the VERY intro text, I want to cut out the part where you choose between boy/girl. For the purposes of my hack you need to play as male. In metapod23's AshGray, you automatically start as male. How is this done?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
My version of Advance Text doesn't have those little arrows/triangles next to the options. I've got what look like square windows by my options. I can't get that 'enter' option to come up.

I've tried to download Hex Workshop, but whatever computer/internet setup I use, the virus checker active blocks it! (This is both my netbook and public access computers at the local library) The hex editor that I use - I forget the whole name, but it starts with 'Trans' - is new to me, and I am not that great with it so far. i.e. I don't understand all of its functions.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
My version of Advance Text doesn't have those little arrows/triangles next to the options. I've got what look like square windows by my options. I can't get that 'enter' option to come up.

I've tried to download Hex Workshop, but whatever computer/internet setup I use, the virus checker active blocks it! (This is both my netbook and public access computers at the local library) The hex editor that I use - I forget the whole name, but it starts with 'Trans' - is new to me, and I am not that great with it so far. i.e. I don't understand all of its functions.

Try using HxD, if your virus checker blocks it again. I suggest you deactivate it for a while.

Urritguyz

What's going on everyone
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Advanced Text won't open FireRed for me. It won't even open a clean version of the ROM. However it does open LeafGreen. Does anyone know why this happens? And are there any alternatives to Advanced Text I can use? I need it because I can't access all of the scripts via AdvancedMap. Any help is appreciated.

Years
Advanced Text won't open FireRed for me. It won't even open a clean version of the ROM. However it does open LeafGreen. Does anyone know why this happens? And are there any alternatives to Advanced Text I can use? I need it because I can't access all of the scripts via AdvancedMap. Any help is appreciated.

Maybe its an issue with the ini for BPRE?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
When I open my rom the center box stays blank. Any idea how to fix this?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Sometimes, when i want to translate something, there appears an error saying:
"The text pointer wasn't found!"
The text can't be edited"

Is there a way to fix that?
I'm currently working on a Spanish Translation for Aesthode's Hack, Pokemon Adventures - Red Chapter and since i don't want to have english text in the plot, i would like to fix that up :/

Back