• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How and when do you plan to get the games?

Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Yep!

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So while the last pre-orders thread died I wanted to ask something deeper than that.

Do you plan to trade in previous games to get these for a discount (if that's even possible??) Are you going to save up birthday, Christmas, Easter, and so on money? Or maybe ask for a boost on your allowance or get a part time job? Will you wait a little longer and not get them at release day but rather for something like Christmas, or do you intend to go there and get them on release day? Maybe you even intend to pre-order them so you can make sure you can get them as soon as they're released?

...or, do you want to pre-order them, and go there on release day WITH Christmas money to get for someone else??? :3

SHARE YOUR INTENTIONS!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My job basically allows me to get a discount on electronics such as video games, so, I'm going to pre-order it, so that hopefully I'll be able to get the promotions that come with it too. n__n Or, if all else fails, my birthday is on November, so, maybe I'll get X&Y a month later from October.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
By the time the games come out I should have worked all summer to the point where I have enough spending money to afford one of them. :] Even if I don't I still have money now that I could use but I'd rather not.

I'll probably end up preordering it from Gamestop because they are BOUND to have a preorder exclusive and I can pick it up pretty close to where I'll be living next year. :]

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Probably going to get both day 1 with whatever money I have. Preferably 1 of them is going to be through the eShop, and I'm going to have it as my main.

Sorbet

sυᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀвᴇт
Years
The money will be no issue, but I don't have a 3DS yet. I'll probably buy a 3DS XL in the Summer, so I'll have something new to play with while on vacation :p

I'm probably quite busy with school already in October, so I don't know yet if I want to buy it right away, since it will distract me from the more important stuff. If they give us something nice with pre-orders, I'll just pre-order it, otherwise I'll buy it when I have the time to play it.

tnfsf11

I want to get the game in some kind of bundle with a 3DS, cuz that will be 2 birds with 1 stone & also the 3DS will be Pokemon-styled & that would be really cool...

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
I already pre-ordered X on the 20th in February from GameStop and even chose a quicker shipping option since it was only like $3.00 more. I'm just so pumped up and excited for this game!

Years
I'm gonna make sure I have enough set aside so I can buy it without any difficulties. I preordered Y from Gamestop and put $10 down, so I'm probably going to go once I'm done with classes and pick it up the day it comes out.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I luckily didn't spend too much money I got from my summer job, so I have saved up enough to get at least one of them, possibly both, but i don't know. As for when I'll get it depends on when they release it. I'll be in gamestop morning of the release ^-^

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ideally I'll have a job again before summer starts so I can work enough to get both a 3DS and one of the games on release day. Honestly, just as soon as I possibly can.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I made up my mind, I'm going to pre-order both games, I get more than enough during pay day, so money isn't an issue unless I spend it too fast (Pokemon merchandise). I already have a 3DS XL.

On release day I will pick up the two games.

Years
I already have the money for my Pokemon Y (or X, going to wait to see version-exclusive Pokemon first to decide which to get) and a Nintendo 3DS XL with a black skin and protection cover (absolutely hate the 3DS XL colors). How do you pre-order X or Y? I love my mother for spoiling me ^_^

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The first time i pre-ordered a Pokemon Game was when Black2 and White2 were coming out, and i loved playing the games as early as i it hit the stores. I guess I'll be doing the same when X/Y come out. Since i already have a 3DS im not going to wait for a bundle i think, and i do have a part time job, and I've been saving up too. The only thing im not sure about is if i'll be pre-ordering one or both games.
I usually take my pick depending on the version-exclusive pokemon, but somehow i always end up wanting to play the other version too...so either i pre-order both, or just one, and I'll get the other at a later point.

Years
Since the games are unlikely going to be released in time for my birthday, I'm going to get them at Christmas again like I did for Black 2 and White 2.

I might get them as Christmas gifts, but I did get my 3DS last Christmas so you can say I'm well prepared.

And OMG 6,666th post!

Warship

異議あり!
Years
getting y on october probably a few days after its released from belgium.no nintendo products get into my country unfortunately :( i already have 3ds xl so im well prepared for it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me I intend to get them on the release day, as I have done since HeartGold. :3 I won't be doing anything special and I'll only pre-order if there's something good tbh.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I plan on buying them both on the release day at a videogame store not far from my work place.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I'll likely pre-order and pick up X on release day.

The other Pokemon games i've pre-ordered in the past are Gold, Ruby, and Heart Gold.

I've had a 3DS for over a year as well, so no problem there.
I bought it in anticipation of the US release of the Tales of the Abyss port (which I never even finished) :P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Something related, but, there's actually 2 ways on getting these games; do you guys plan to get the actual game copy of the games, or do you plan on buying the digital edition of the game for the 3Ds?

I plan on buying the latter because, well, I do like having the actual, physical copies of pokemon games, so, I don't plan on breaking my tradition. :(

Back