• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Also does anyone know how to activate the Aurora ticket and mystery ticket I believe. I have it to where I receive them but how do I activate them?

Give the player the items and then find the flags that correspond to the items here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

What's a good trainer editor? Specifically for gym leaders? I currently use A-Trainer but whenever I change the gym leaders pokemon it'll swap each others or give them the same pokemon.

I second that. PET or A-trainer?

A-Trainer most definitely. PET is super buggy. I can also tell you that a new trainer editor is being built, but that is all I am going to say:p, so keep an eye out for it.

For your problem, it is most likely due to not saving before changing something else. Give that a try. Also, you need to repoint!

#dynamic 0x800200

#org @cheatcheck
checkitem 0x44 0x5
if B_>> goto @cheated
end

#org @cheated
lock
end

Put it in the AM like said and inputted the RC cheat and got 100 still didn't freeze or do nothing. Is it the script?

Try using checkitemamount instead. That might work better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Give the player the items and then find the flags that correspond to the items here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

A-Trainer most definitely. PET is super buggy. I can also tell you that a new trainer editor is being built, but that is all I am going to say:p, so keep an eye out for it.

For your problem, it is most likely due to not saving before changing something else. Give that a try. Also, you need to repoint!

Try using checkitemamount instead. That might work better.
Yeah I've used both but get the same problem each time. Anywho for the tickets, how would I tell if they work? I entered the mystery ticket, and have both tickets. Do I just visit the SS Anne port after the Anne is gone or do I have to beat the E4? Also checkitemamount got an error saying unknown command.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Hey Guys, Arthur here! I just came upon something curious the other day, and was hoping someone here could explain things to me. You see, I used variable 0x4200 through 0x4205 or so (assuming that it wasn't used for anything, as it's not listed in this list) with JPAN's Hacked Engine applied through the tool as the variable for the hero ow switch. However, upon exiting the player's house in Pallet Town, the Hero's OW changed to that of a small boy. I double checked, and I am pretty certain that the var is not set by anything in Pallet Town. Also, it doesn't happen as long as I stay in the Player's house.

So, in short, should I not be using vars in that area, or is it something quirky about the hacked engine? Note that the latter is an issue I've encountered before on several of the other functions (mostly on my own hack, though: most of those I did not have with a clean FR), if that's of any help.

Would be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys!

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Check the level script of pallet town.
Well, I understand the intent, but I have checked that. Although it does set 0x4002 to 0x1, it does not do anything with variables of the 0x4200 range (as I don't think the game actually uses those at all... correct me if I'm wrong). So, yeah. Any other suggestions?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Just remove the level script since you won't need it. It shouldn't be used by the game because if it was you would be a boy in your house also. The fact that it's only on pallet town means it isn't used by the game engine.
Also, I have another question other than the ASM question from yesterday.
Everytime my pokédex fills up to complete I turn into a voltorb OW. The menus also are transparent, so any reason why?

karatekid552

Years
Hey Guys, Arthur here! I just came upon something curious the other day, and was hoping someone here could explain things to me. You see, I used variable 0x4200 through 0x4205 or so (assuming that it wasn't used for anything, as it's not listed in this list) with JPAN's Hacked Engine applied through the tool as the variable for the hero ow switch. However, upon exiting the player's house in Pallet Town, the Hero's OW changed to that of a small boy. I double checked, and I am pretty certain that the var is not set by anything in Pallet Town. Also, it doesn't happen as long as I stay in the Player's house.

So, in short, should I not be using vars in that area, or is it something quirky about the hacked engine? Note that the latter is an issue I've encountered before on several of the other functions (mostly on my own hack, though: most of those I did not have with a clean FR), if that's of any help.

Would be great if anyone could help me out, thanks guys!

Did you even read anything besides the list? DavidJCobb and I clearly stated that only 4011-40FF was safe. It was also very clear that just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it isn't safe. -_-

Just remove the level script since you won't need it. It shouldn't be used by the game because if it was you would be a boy in your house also. The fact that it's only on pallet town means it isn't used by the game engine.
Also, I have another question other than the ASM question from yesterday.
Everytime my pokédex fills up to complete I turn into a voltorb OW. The menus also are transparent, so any reason why?

Do not remove the level script. It is there for a reason.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
My question is does there exist a type of script that would replace one map with another. For example, if a natural disaster were to happen to a certain town or an invasion or something else of that sort, would it be possible to have a flag or something control map replacement? Also if that were possible, does anyone know if there are any tutorials/guides that include that or if there are any existing scripts in games that do a similar thing that I could decompile to look at.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
My question is does there exist a type of script that would replace one map with another. For example, if a natural disaster were to happen to a certain town or an invasion or something else of that sort, would it be possible to have a flag or something control map replacement? Also if that were possible, does anyone know if there are any tutorials/guides that include that or if there are any existing scripts in games that do a similar thing that I could decompile to look at.

...No. In order to change what a single map looks like in-game, you would have to use a "setmaptile" script. You would use the "setmaptile" command for every single tile on the map in order to change things up. It would be a long, tedious process, but it would definitely have some really cool outcomes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Hey guys, I've been having some problems with advance map for fire red. Lately when I click on maps it says report out of memory and freezes. What does that mean exactly? Does anyone know?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hey guys, I've been having some problems with advance map for fire red. Lately when I click on maps it says report out of memory and freezes. What does that mean exactly? Does anyone know?

What version of Advance Map are you using?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019

Yes... I think.

Have the two maps made (separately and inserted somewhere) . Now go to the map you want to change after an event, navigate to the header tab, and press ctrl+H. Now you can see the map data.

Look at the map offset. Mine is 71C04C. Now look at the map footer. There are all these bytes and in the middle of the string is your offset in reverse hex. 4C C0 71 08. That's the pointer for your map.... Now if you replaced this with your new maps pointer in reverse hex, ideally this should work.

The command to set bytes in a script is 'writebytetooffset'. I haven't dealt with it yet but I assume it works. You will need to write 3 new bytes.

Also if it isn't a town or something with connections, a script can warp to separate maps with variables and flags set.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
New Questions!

1) Is it possible to make a giveitem event but not have it show a message?

Just use "additem". This is exactly what that scripting command is for!

Code:
additem ITEM_ID NUMBER_OF_ITEMS

Simples! Also, FYI, giveitem is like msgbox in scripting. It's not actually a command, but a combination of commands which achieves the given effect.

karatekid552

Years
Yes... I think.

Have the two maps made (separately and inserted somewhere) . Now go to the map you want to change after an event, navigate to the header tab, and press ctrl+H. Now you can see the map data.

Look at the map offset. Mine is 71C04C. Now look at the map footer. There are all these bytes and in the middle of the string is your offset in reverse hex. 4C C0 71 08. That's the pointer for your map.... Now if you replaced this with your new maps pointer in reverse hex, ideally this should work.

The command to set bytes in a script is 'writebytetooffset'. I haven't dealt with it yet but I assume it works. You will need to write 3 new bytes.

Also if it isn't a town or something with connections, a script can warp to separate maps with variables and flags set.

You can't do this because writebytetooffset only works on the RAM. What you are editing is the ROM (read only memeory- Read Only.) You can do this however with a massive setmaptile script if both of the sets of tiles are on the same map.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
You can't do this because writebytetooffset only works on the RAM. What you are editing is the ROM (read only memeory- Read Only.) You can do this however with a massive setmaptile script if both of the sets of tiles are on the same map.

Dam, I really thought I was on to something... So are there any way commands to touch Read Only Memory? If not I guess that's why its read only :( ...

GoGoJJTech

Years
No, the rom is only READ so you can't write to unless you are hacking, hello
^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013

Set map tile script doesn't affect the people/events on the map, however, correct?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Correct, so you can use movesprite, hidesprite, showsprite, applymovement whatever.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I am making a hack, and when I try picking up item balls (any, like the ones in Viridian Forest) it makes the sound of picking up the item, but no message comes up and I do not recieve an item. The poke ball stays there as if nothing happened.

GoGoJJTech

Years
You need to set a flag so the event doesn't happen twice. Then in advance map in person id put the flag number so the game hides the pokeball. And voila! The pokeball disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back