• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplaying Olympics Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
There comes a time when human kind must reach beyond their origional grasp, to prove their worth. History is filled with conflicts, battles, and wars; all meant to show who's better, who's stronger. Yet, war breeds disease, weariness, poverty, everything that releases the darkest parts of ourselves. Only in peace and cooperation can we truly test ourselves and our abilities. And so, we have the Olympics.

Based on sportsmanship and friendly competition, the Roleplaying Olympics is the arena where the top pokemon forums on the internet can compete. Here, the best of each message board will show their skills to the world. Here, exist the elite of the elite. Yet, only one forum will achieve victory, only one forum will climb to the top of the mountain. Throught cooperation, unity, strength, honor, cunning, and dignity can victory be achieved. I wish each and every one of you goodluck.

Current Scores
Week 1
Individual Scores
1. Catriona: 9, 7, 9, 9, 9 = 8.6
2. Praetoriitevong: 9, 9, 8, 9, 6 = 8.2
3. Raichu_tamer: 7, 8, 10, 7, 8 = 8
4. Gary Oak: 8, 8, 8, 7, 7 = 7.6
5. Aiya: 6, 5, 8, 6, 10 = 7
5. ElimN8: 5, 7, 7, 7, 9 = 7
6. SilverUmbreon: 6, 7, 6, 6, 8 = 6.6
7. BlueEyesPikachu: 2, 5, 3, 3, 4 = 3.4
8. Metabolist: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0
8. 100 Marios: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

Forum Scores
1. Pokeschool Forums: 15.8
2. Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum: 15.6
3. Pokmon Fan Universe Forums: 10
4. Pokemon Community: 8
5. Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum: 7

Pokemon Community (Host)

Participating Forums
- Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum
- Pokemon Community
- Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum
- Pokemon Fan Universe Forums
- Pokeschool Forums

Representatives and Judges
Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forums
Judge: IDL2000 (Ready)
Participant: Aiya Quackform (Ready)
Participant: RAziken

Pokemon Community
Judge: Sapphire Latios (Ready)
Participant: 100 Marios (Ready)
Participant: Raichu_tamer (Ready)

Pokemon Elite 2000 Forum
Judge: Kenny C.002 (Ready)
Participant: ElimN8 (Ready)
Participant: Catriona (Ready)
Alternate: Cutemew

Pokemon Fan Universe Forums
Judge: Mai (Ready)
Participant: SilverUmbreon (Ready)
Participant: BlueEyesPikachu (Ready)
Alternate: Asukura

Pokeschool Forums
Judge: Nemesis (Ready)
Participant: Gary Oak (Ready)
Participant: Praetoritevong (Ready)

Organization
Each Roleplaying Olympic season will last for one month. Between each season will be a two week resting period where each forum may take a break, prepare, and ready oneself for the next season. The Olympics will take place in different forums, rotating with each season like the real Olympics. The order of hosting will be based alphabetically.

For the First Season, Pokemon Community will be hosting.

Each forum will send 2 representatives that will roleplay. Some forums will also choose an alternate, in case the one of the two chosen representatives is unable to continue roleplaying. Also, each forum will choose an unbiased judge that will grade the ability of each roleplayer that participates.

The Administrators and Moderators of each forum will choose who will represent their forum based on any method they choose.

Roleplaying Rules
The rules of the roleplay are relatively simple. No bunnying (taking control of another person's character). Each participant will also have to submit a form to inform the judges on their characters. Usually, forums have other rules like no Godmoding or posting short sentences, but seeing as the roleplayers will be the cream of the crop and will be judged on how they roleplay, I believe this will not be a problem. Giving a little freedom to test their ability to limit themselves.

The theme of the actual roleplay used will be up to the judge of the hosting forum and myself.

Judging
The judges will score each roleplayer on a 10 point scale. They will judge the roleplayer based on creativity, length, activeness, style, grammar, reality, and comprehension. Each week, the judges will submit their score and the average for each person will be awarded to them. Since there are 4 weeks, each roleplayer will have 4 scores, one for each week. These 4 scores will be added up together to form the roleplayer's score. The total score of each representative team will create the forum score. Whichever forum has the highest total score, wins that season of the Olympics.

Rules of the Current Hosting Forum
The representatives and judges of the forums will be required to obey the rules of the forum outside of the Roleplaying Olympics thread. This includes posts, avatars, names, etc...

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post here.

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
When is this beginning? I'd be interested if I'm good enough...especially if it happens in a few weeks! (School lets out!)

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
at least that jerk psycho who hacked Andy didnt delete PD...that would've been a real downer, and he deleted our Olympics thread and everything, thanks Hkim for re-postin it!

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Sapphire Latios said:
at least that jerk psycho who hacked Andy didnt delete PD...that would've been a real downer, and he deleted our Olympics thread and everything, thanks Hkim for re-postin it!

It's not a problem. I want every forum participating to stay informed. Knowledge is power.

As for the beginning, I hope to start within two or three weeks. Sorry for the delay, but organization takes time.

As for your forum's representatives, I have the names from Master Kwesi.
Judge: Sapphire Latios
Representative: 100 Marios
Representative: Raichu_tamer

Contratulations, I'm sure you guys will represent your forum to the best of your ability.

Last edited:
Years
*shocked*… *more shocked*… Does this mean I'm going to have to sign-up for an account on Gengar and Haunters forum?… *still shocked*… *hopes he doesn't fail horribly on final exams*…

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Raichu_tamer said:
*shocked*? *more shocked*? Does this mean I?m going to have to sign-up for an account on Gengar and Haunters forum?? *still shocked*? *hopes he doesn?t fail horribly on final exams*?

Yes, but not at the moment. I still have to get the list of reps. from Pokemon Fan Universe and see if any of the other forums I contacted, wish to participate.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
but 100marios...he doesnt Pokemon RP...im not worried one bit about Raichu_Tamer...but Jordan...i dont know...ive never seen him RP before...

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
Sapphire Latios, if your forum wants to have a banner in the Olympics, you can as long as it fits the parameters. If you need an artist, I can recommend one from another forum, but I figure you have many promising talented members here.

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
My apologies for the double post, but I have some news.

Due to some schedule conflicts, Gengar and Haunter's Pokemon Forum will not be able to host and participate in the Roleplaying Olympics. Due to this revelation, the hosting would go to the next forum down the list: Pokemon Community.

Sapphire Latios. I would like to request that PC host the Roleplaying Olympics. If you agree, I'll begin working with you to organize the Olympics for the following week. However, I need a response by Tuesday. Otherwise, I'll have to be moving on to the next forum down the list: PE2K.

EDIT: Okay, this matter has been settled. Now I need the participants (judges and roleplayers) of each forum to post here to notify that they're registered. This includes PC and I want each participant to post that they're ready.

Last edited:

BulbasoarBaby

Bulbasoars my baby 4 life
Years
I'd like to join the olympics...but...I'm pretty in the dark about it. I just joined and...idk exactly wuts going on. LoL! Can some1 explain it pretty detailed please?

HKim

URPG Ambassador
Years
BulbasoarBaby said:
I'd like to join the olympics...but...I'm pretty in the dark about it. I just joined and...idk exactly wuts going on. LoL! Can some1 explain it pretty detailed please?

Well, each participating forum has already chosen their representatives so you can't join. Sorry. Perhaps next season if your skill prove to be one of the best on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back