• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
In the beginning you can walk troug the pokedex

make a mew event
and in pallet town there is a black part

no background at the rival battle on the way to yhe pokemon league

Which version are you using?
Where in pallet town?

A Mew event will eventually be done, but not yet

Years
Hi, just like to start of by saying this is easily looks like the best yellow remake on the internet!
only two problems, i downloaded the demo but when i run the game updater it wont complete the update?
it just stops a tiny bit before the green loading bar gets full and the does nothing.
do you know anything about why that might be happening?

and when i open the game (non updated) it goes through the intro screens and after i select 'new game' it comes up with a message saying,

'script 'sockets' line 364: Runtime error occurred HTTP error 404'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
the second error is due to a file on the webserver being moved, the fix for that is to update.

As for the first error, its not one i've encountered. Does it do it every time you try to update? It could be a case of the web server being busy. If it still doesn't work, try updating it manually by downloading this file (File) and unzipping it to the games root folder (so the same folder as the game.exe file is in)
That'll apply the 0.8 patch manually

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
The GTS is amazing. I have a question. You can make a site on which players can view pokemon's which been on GTS? Search for interesting pokemon the whole GTS is very tiring, and sometimes I want to quickly check if there are any interesting offers.

P. S.
My english i realy bad, sorry.

Years
Tried what you said with updating ot manually, getting a new error 'script 'sockets' line 402 nomethoderror occurred. Undefined method 'size' for nil:NilClass'

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I've encountered that error once, and haven't found what the cause of it was.
What OS are you running?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
please do. i think it may be something to do with vista, since the other person with the error was using vista

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
please do. i think it may be something to do with vista, since the other person with the error was using vista

That's unlikely, I'm using Windows 7 and have no problem like his.

Also, I really recommend you add one more textbox the the intro when Red first appears. It looks unpolished with just Red suddenly out of nowhere and then with no prefacing going to the name screen.

It could even be be something simple like "Now, what's your name?"

One final note: Are you going to fix the huge amount of empty space on certain text boxes? This ones just a little graphical complaint, but it makes the textbox so tall it could fit three lines, which makes it look massive. I think it'd just add a touch of polish if it were fixed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
hmm, i'll have another look when i get home. i don't see why the error occurs, and why it only affects certain users.

as for the text boxes, can you let me knoe a couple of ones it doees it with

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
Looks like things are going together nicely, Yellow version had to be one of my favorite! Cant wait to see how it turns out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
yeah, i still need one

New bug found, move learning when you have to replace a move doesn't work

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
nice game :) but i think it will be funner playing as ash since playing as leaf green and fire red characters is kinda lame

Back