• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Wansen

Regal Bryant
Years
Tragic moments in Tales games?
Obviously character deaths and I don't feel like going into details.
ToI great offender of this. I will just list names.
Spoiler:

YUP lots of people DIIIIIE and I'm sad though Tales of Innocence pissed me off that I really didn't care a lot...though I always cared about Ricardo -v-;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Wow, I'm very surprised with that ToGf boxart. Usually they go with the cel-shaded anime-style art over watercolour. o_O

Honestly, none of the Tales games I've played have been that sad. The end of Abyss breaks my heart a little, but only because I got so attached to the characters. But I haven't played that many games, either, so that might be part of it.

Question about RM3: does it make you stop and do quests with people you haven't levelled as often as RM2 does? I'm playing that now and I'll do maybe 3-4 quests and then get stuck doing a quest that replaces my party and they're always level ~6 who want to go kill the things that my main party (~40) normally takes out. >:( It's so frustrating because I really have no desire to use those people and even when it's only a pair of them, they refuse to let me bring one of my other party members too and auggggh. It's really ruining my desire to finish the game and will definitely affect my resolve to play the next one. D:

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014

No offense to your opinion. and I agree to it partly.
Those who havent play TotA, those who never picked up the PS2 version in America, pick the 3D up first mainly due cause its great title.
But if you have picked it up, you can pick it up first hence it is releasing first before ToGf. But Dont pass up ToGf its an incredible game, Its my favorite of the series I love Abyss I picked up the ps2 version and will be picking up the 3D version too, but Graces is on my top list, tho imma get Abyss 3D first since it releases before it. Plus, Graces and Abyss release is a month apart in america. and in Eu get it in the summer for ToGf :O

But this is no offense to Abyss players at all, I like Graces F more, but Abyss is right next to it in my list it really is :D

No offense taken but for me Grace F is trying to be to more flashy with hi ogui, something my eyes won't take. (Star wars force unleash 2 is the same) but I get it if it come out in australia (I import TotA since no shop sell it even though it pass the release date) but even if you play Abyss the 3ds version fix most of the bugs and problem like the hi ogui spell lock bug I think I have yet to try but I been pass area that had bugs and problem and they haven't glitch on me.

like you said Grace f is a momth later but if you can get abyss/able to play 3ds abyss it well worth the time to spend a few playthrough on plus it on a handheld so it great for those time your going out.

Downside it not multplayer.

though um can someone tell me what costume are in Xilla (including DLC.)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
RM 3 dones't really need a tranlation patch i haven't finish the game (i got ToP X halfway through playing RM3.)

but I also playing TotA 3ds and have to say this is sorta better than grace f cause it on a handheld and isn't either in japan only or badly translated. I respect people who like grace f but to me abyss is more wroth the money for those who couldn't get the ps2 version.

a topic

what are the most tragic moments in tales games

I'm not saying Abyss isn't good, in fact, in my opinion it's the best damn Tales game ever made! I'm just saying the 3DS version isn't worth the money if you already own the PS2 version. So I'm getting Graces!

Tragic Tales moment? Arietta's entire life. We killed everything she ever loved and let her die miserable. I know it has to happen but sometimes I think the party are bastards for doing that.

I'm having a problem in Radiant Mythology 2. I've done 92% of the missions. I've done every available mission Chat provides and I've spoken to everyone and I think I've done everyone's missions. So what's the 8% I'm missing? No one has anything else for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I found Arietta too annoying to be tragic, to be honest. Though I do think the nicest thing the party could have done for her (and a lot of people) would have been to let Jade kill her when he first had the chance. <_<

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I found Arietta too annoying to be tragic, to be honest. Though I do think the nicest thing the party could have done for her (and a lot of people) would have been to let Jade kill her when he first had the chance. <_<

frankly I know 70% of abyss story way before getting abyss on 3ds and i starting to find myself strange

I don't luke (same as I don't hate emil.)
I love fighting all the god general (not including dist.)
I find Dist a complete idiot and can't laugh at him unless it Jade being Jade on him.
I find all god general past tragic in some way.

My tragic moments well i jsut list them in types since I be writing a whole 2 pages.

Spoiler:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
My Wii is revived and I'm playing Symphonia 2 again! The story is decent but I'm in love with the battle system! It's so flexible, huge, and just plain enhanced from Abyss, it's beautiful! Plus the additional four shortcuts make for an awesome moveset. I just really wish 1st player could play as the Symphonian characters, and that they would level up...But I'm happy with stuffing my party with monsters!

Anyone want to share their proud monsters? My favorites are Orion, Jormungandr, and of course, Kitty Kat.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I got my N3DS. Now I have to wait atleast a month and some odd days till Abyss 3D comes out.
Imma re-play Abyss on the ps2 soon, I have a file already for it, just need to play it.

But yeah Abyss is my 2nd favorite.
I love all them, except for Dist and Mohs. Dist annoys me so much.
But I do love it when Jade is Jade on him.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I feel kind of sorry for Dist. Poor guy is such a loner. But he is a selfish bastard. I still wonder what horrible 3-second torture did Jade do to him that got an immediate confession and fear?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I got my N3DS. Now I have to wait atleast a month and some odd days till Abyss 3D comes out.
Imma re-play Abyss on the ps2 soon, I have a file already for it, just need to play it.

But yeah Abyss is my 2nd favorite.
I love all them, except for Dist and Mohs. Dist annoys me so much.
But I do love it when Jade is Jade on him.

ok I going to ask how do you level up a steal FCS since I going to try to steal the C Core from neiblien (spelling wrong) boss when i can.

also were the best garb, EXP farming spots after killing Van the first time.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I mapped out a floor in Gladsheim and it looks EXACTLY like a swastika! Coincidense or hidden massage?

Wansen

Regal Bryant
Years
Hidden messeage/reference depending on what type of place it is or a Coincidence if the people/people in power that are there arn't like nazi's at all or don't have anything nazi/faschist about them.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
It's a little confusing. Gladsheim's rooms are supposed to be randomized, but when I mapped one out, the swastika design was really clear. Gladsheim does have some other weird stuff going on. (such as Alpha, Omega, and other symbols on the giant enemies) So I wouldn't be too surprised if this room is really supposed to look like a swastika. I just don't know if it's the Nazi swastika or the good fortune swastika, I know there's a difference. I'll post a picture of my map when I find it.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
Years
Yeah the one on the angle is a swatika and the one thats a cube is the good one. XD;
But that's pretty funky. What game is it from?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I feel kind of sorry for Dist. Poor guy is such a loner. But he is a selfish bastard. I still wonder what horrible 3-second torture did Jade do to him that got an immediate confession and fear?
I can't really feel sorry for Dist. In fact I just laugh at him and such. Doesn't help that he's a tenacious cockroach and [spoiler under this, though i think most if not all here have played abyss]. I feel more sorry for Jade for having to put up with him, haha. Not saying that I dislike Dist or anything though, before any of ya'll get that idea.

Speaking of Abyss though, Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Legendia were both of Famitsu's 'Top 20 Tear-Jerkers'. I think that what the list was. I'm too lazy to find the source, but you can check it out yourself if you look it up I'm sure.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
ok I got a glitch in Tales of the abyss 3ds

I got all six weapon to fight the secret boss, i know there no scene to trigger the event battle but i been to the area but the thing is it doesn't trigger i press a on the graph and nothing.

Is there a scene that trigger the event?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Totally getting Tales of the Abyss for 3DS..

@_@ Also.. totally cosplaying either Anise or Tear.. but I don't know which one. I'm thinking Anise because I look shorter (I'm 5' tall) and younger, instead of womanly.. even though I am 22 ._.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I can't really help you darklord, since it's been forever since I played Abyss, and thus don't remember what exactly you need to do for Nebilim.

Pics if you cosplay, Kura! I would totally love to see you in an Anise cosplay (Or a Tear one if you choose Tear instead, but I like Anise more than Tear, soooo...~)! My first cosplay was originally going to be Sync from Abyss, but instead I went for Mithos from Symphonia. Never regretted my decision. ♥ I love my Mithos cosplay soooo much. The boots, the clothing, and even the wig now that the bangs are styled the way they're supposed to be finally. Hoping they'll continue to stay styled the way I want them until the next Convention.

Back