• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
@Bloodex: You look quite stunning in that second picture, if I do say so myself. How far apart were the two taken?? You look way younger in the first, imo.

@Paladin: You found some of your little kid clothes? I don't even think that I have anything of mine from when I was that age. I'm not one of those people who attaches a lot of importance to those kind of things, though...

Good music is good music to me! I get tired of listening to the same stuff all the time, so I like switching it up. I think that songs get better if you listen to them less for the sheer fact that they become a little more special if you don't blast them all day long.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Haha, yes, thank you.

What do you mean what happened to them? They released Changed just this past year.

Yeeeeaah, I'm not particularly one of those sorts either, Anarch. They were in an old box my mother found.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
@Bloodex: You look quite stunning in that second picture, if I do say so myself. How far apart were the two taken?? You look way younger in the first, imo.

Aw, thanks! The first was taken when I was 10, I believe? The latter was taken not so long ago, either late 16 or early 17. So a 7 year difference, about!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Aaron, you don't look chubby as you are now, if that's what you're implying. :I
Rascal Flatts~ +1
I have gained much more weight sicne I was a little kid. I was like really skinny back then, now Im a bit overweight. That's what I was implying.

You asked for it:

Spoiler:

Think I look much better nowadays.

Spoiler:

AND I LOVE LIFE IS A HIGHWAY. AND IMMA RIDE IT ALL NIGHT LONG.

Wow you do look much better now than you did back then.

I haven't heard anything from Racial Flatts but the only song I really liked of their was "Life Is A Highway."

I'm listening to another old CD from like 2009/2010 my friend gave me as birthday gift. Oh god, I forgot I really liked Rihanna's music back then. This has "Disturbia" on it. >_>

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ugh, I really liked Rihanna's version of that song. I don't listen to much of her music, which is silly since I do like her voice. Eh.

Treecko

Years
Well Rihanna's is the only version of it lol. But yeah not a fan of her music anymore, as you can probably tell by my last post, but I used to. I'm more into rock , indie and Yeah my music taste has definitely shifted since then. lol.

Years
sexy.

it's always weird how the ugly kids almost always turn into the beautiful-to-sexy adults. I swear I looked ugly as hell when I was a kid, but now I look tolerable, if not nice :)

Yeah on Tumblr I've seen a lot of examples of good-looking people who were once totally unattractive when they were kids.

As for the Rihanna topic, I used to love her music but then her albums have been getting more boring. Her latest one totally sucked for me, I felt like she hasn't got that catchiness she once had anymore.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've heard it covered by a couple of other bands before, and it was pretty bad. lol

I like her music, it's just not what I sit there and listen to for hours.

/listens to a lot of asian music >_>

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I mostly just listen to video game music. :P

Honestly, I barely know Rihanna. I've heard of her and if I hear a popular song by her I can probably identify that she sings it (maybe) but I wouldn't recognize a photo of her and I can't name any songs off the top of my head. Was she the one who did that song with Eminem? I remember really liking that one, at least...

Treecko

Years
Was she the one who did that song with Eminem? I remember really liking that one, at least...

Yeah she did.

I haven't been into her music in years though.

Anyone remember this? Another song I'm embarrassed to say I sort of liked, but now that I think about it , these lyrics are kind of awful imo.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ the first one
I love that song.

@ the second one
What is this? oh my god. XD Never even heard it.

Treecko

Years
A terrible one-hit wonder from 2006. Yeah I guess not many people know it, it only charted in the US and only peaked to number 45. I have no idea why I thought it was even remotely good. XD

Cherrim

Years
Yeah, I'd never heard it either. Though I'd stopped listening to new music by the time 2006 rolled around, I think. :( I haven't (purposefully) listened to the radio or anything to hear new stuff since maybe... 2003? I'm dreadfully out of date when it comes to music.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I keep up (partially) with new pop music, or rock, but it depends on the artist. I listen to too much Japanese and / or Korean music to keep up with American music charts. Hahahah.. hah.

Treecko

Years
I haven't seriously kept up with new pop music since at least late 2010 early 2011, but I manage to hear a bunch of new songs when flipping through stations on the radio, but I only listen to the rock and alternative stations nowadays. I haven't purposely listened to a pop station since at least 2010/2011 though. I'm just not a big fan of the current direction of pop music.

Cherrim

Years
A top 40s station played all day at the job I held in... I guess it was 2011? I hate almost every song from that year just because I had to hear it so often. >_<

Sir Codin

I've grown to dislike top 40 music so much that if I hear someone mention a song title from an artist, I look it up online. If I see it on any top 40 charts, I instantly hate it.

That's right. I've gained the ability to hate a song long before I even listen to it a first time.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've grown to dislike top 40 music so much that if I hear someone mention a song title from an artist, I look it up online. If I see it on any top 40 charts, I instantly hate it.

That's right. I've gained the ability to hate a song long before I even listen to it a first time.

That is possibly the most pretentious thing I have ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back