• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
*Squeals* You're a genius! Adding the Unknown was a good idea too. It could be like small concepts of each movie mixed together! Unknown from the 3rd movie, and other syuffs. And the concept of nobody believing the teenagers is very realistic, but maybe we could add because the elder people know what it was like when the Team's raged against each other and refuse to admit something worse could happen after so many years of Paradise?

-I g2g eat, but I'll be back later- Locks Suicune in safe until she comes back, knowing Alana will find some way to open it, while taking Lugia along for the ride.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Thanks. ^-^ I've always been a fan of Unowns ever since I saw that movie and I've been waiting for a chance to give them their deserved spotlight. Yeah, the oldest generation could have this in-denial thing, and so would the current leadership as well. (It ain't popular to be a doomsayer, you know), although I have to admit, I'm not particularly fond of adding legendaries to the mix unless it's absolutely necessary, because...well, their kind of a major movie clich?. I'm opposed to the thought that legendaries are needed to accomplish all significant things in the world. Power to the worms! XO

Ahem, at any rate. My comp time for the day is running low (I'm actually on an overtime as it is, but my parents are busy ranting about politics with each other since we had our presidential election today so they don't notice. xD) so I'll have to log off after this. Anyways, there could also be a slight extremist movement heralding the end of days (Okay, they've been doing it for like 20 years now, so no-one takes them seriously either) and it's a bit of an embarssment for the government, so the characters could be branded as working with that organization and presto...the hunt begins. >D

Hmm...I'll be back, hopefully with some more ideas, tommorow. I've got a double skip-hour at school on mondays so I'll have time to think. ^^

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
Well, I certainly do like all the ideas that everyone is throwing in. I'd like to help, considering most of the role-plays I join end up dying ;_; Anyway, I think the usage of Unown is a nice idea, they are all so mysterious and you could make them do just about anything...

Anyway, I have had a new role-play brewing in my mind the past few days, but there are so many role-plays out there that have the same idea that even if I added a few twists it wold still be the exact same thing(Basically). Maybe ancient Pokemon could somehow be integrated into this "Ultimate Role-Play* The ancients(Kabutops, Aerodactly, ect.) were never really focused much on in the shows, games, ect. that I think they deserve a little attention, along with the Unown. Anymore ideas anyone else want to throw into the fray(Brilliant thinking, Alter Ego *tips hat*)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I'll try to type up a plot, working of Alter Ego's basic preview, not adding his idea though cause I don't know it...

The world is paradise, utopic. The 5 teams, Neo Team Rocket, Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, and Cipher have virtually vanished. Neo Team Rocket disbanded long ago, with the disappearance of their leading figures. Team Rocket disappated with Giovanni's disappearance. Team Magma and Aqua have disbanded after the battle of Kyogre and Groudon, and Cipher was overrun by their very own shadow pokemon. Sure, there are the usual little crimes and things, burglaries, break-ins, but basically there is world peace and a general happy, go-lucky atmosphere.

But alas, everything isn't how it seems, as many used to learn, but now, there's a slow but certain process in the works which could change the world as we know it.

However, our main characters would, each for their own reasons, end up discovering this danger. There is a problem however; who would believe a bunch of teenagers saying that sort of thing? That's right, no-one in their right mind, so it would be all up to the main characters to discover the exact nature of the treath and how to avert it. After all these years of peace and harmony, who remember's was strife and misery is? And...well, several official people might not look too kindly on that, believing that they're only kids trying to cause havoc and chaos.

I didn't add much, but we can all keep adding to it, discuss our idea's first as well.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
CloneTrooper47 said:
That's a good plot N-C. So who do you guys think should be the big enemy then?
It has to be accessible to everyone, so we'll leave Pok?mon-related villains out of this. In fact, the various Teams have been dealt with already.

There are endless possibilities for villains and other enemies if you just dig deep enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Animation_villains
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Computer_and_video_game_villains
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Film_villains
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Villain_groups
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Villain_races
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_villains

Basically, just pull out all the stops and use whatever you want.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Whoa, looks like my idea has been a bit misinterpreted in my absence... The fact that there wouldn't be a clear villain (Nope, the destruction-thing is part of a cycle which the actual 'cause' can't influence because...gah, it's so hard to explain without giving away the whole thing and breaking the fun of revealing it as the RP progresses. >.<) As for adding fossil pok?mon into it...erm...why? The Unown are at the core of the whole disaster and no, they can't be replaced without changing the whole thing, it's precisely the fact that their very simple as organisms yet hold that enigmatic touch that makes them more a part of the whole thing, the fossils just don't have that (I would have added Cradily if they did xD). :\ Whoa, I'm sounding a bit combative, aren't I? Don't read too much into it, please. Suffice to say that it's related to a certain hypothesis I, being me, made about Unown and how they work. Hmm...should I reveal the big secret right here (To give a clearer picture) and spoil the surprise? Meh, your call, I guess, although I'd prefer not to.

As for that draft-like thing...well, it's a good start but yeah, the actual wording etc. could use some more work. I can handle that, no worries, I'll probably just expand it in my usual style when the actual thread is started, like I did with Ancient Dynasty (The whole writing was just done on the fly, all I had before that were loose ideas and a basic concept ^-^). Oh, and I'm opposed to giving away the game with the bit about the characters getting branded by the government and such, those things should be revealed as the plot progresses. Let it start out simple and branch out to with complications later on, I say.

Oh, and I've come up with plenty of stuff for the RP plot, but I can't seem to put most of them into any real context (Or even proper wording) at the moment, they're just loose things that might or might not be applied here and there. Meh, I was thinking that the 'big enemy' or rather, main antagonist in this case would be the government. Global police, gym leaders, Elite Four...you name it. Since technically, the way they see it, the main characters are the villains, so in the end, everyone is basically striving for what seems good from their perspective and there are no truly 'evil' guys (Although over-zealous/corrupt ones? Well, those are another matter altogether), just a lack of knowledge on all sides, including the being which is treathening to cause the destruction, because quite frankly, isn't the 'evil-bad-guy-trying-to-take-over-or-destroy-the-world' the mother of all clich?s? I'm kind of trying to break the stereotypical old 'we're good, they're bad' dualism.

Well, hope that was a bit clearer than mud. ^-^ Thanks for everyone's (Hopefully continued) input.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hmm...I suppose so AE (can I call you that?) But there's gotta be something trying to destroy the world. There doesn't have to be a reason I suppose, because then we could just say it's an entity of darkness, but theres your cliche again!

As for the fossils, I would guess we could somehow fit them in, but they would play an extremely small role, unlike the Unknown. I'm not saying we should replace the Unknown with the Fossils, I say we should add them into the mix, somehow make them a small peice of the bigger picture. We should also get a basic sign-up sheet together Are we going to add any special things to the sheet, like 'how you came to learn of the disaster?'

As for the draft, it was merely a rough draft. We can add our idea's onto it, and then take the basic concept and totally reword it into a kick-arse plot. But as for the government as enemies, there's those total average gym leaders out there who 'believe' everytime they hear a crazy story. And how will you portray what the character is supposed to do? (haha, I said you, because your basically doing everything) Like, are we supposed to journey around? Or, should we have to collect items? (cough cliche cough)

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
Sorry about the ancient Pokemon thing, I was just trying to get some ideas flowing. I don't want to get anyone mad by ruining the whole plot ^^;;

And, I do hope that we CAN stray away from the whole original plot that practically everyone uses. It does get annoying after. I'm glad that we can discuss in here a new way to experience role-playing. I wonder though, how IS this going to work? I understand that you guys haven't got the whole plot together, but this "slowly impending doom" thing sounds pretty good, although not the most original plot(No offense or anything :p)

Let's Fighting Love

Reporting for duty! Sir!
Years
The reason they're destroying the world is sometimes to make money, but alot of the time they're doing something evil while thinking it's the right thing to do. Like sometimes in movies a robot tries to destroy the human race because it starts to think and thinks we will kill ourselves anyways, other times in movies the robots try to stop violence. Basicly I'm saying is they are thinking they're doing the right thing it just may be wrong the way they're doing it.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
...IRobot cliche. *cough* I don't think that'd be the best, because the government already thinks their doing the right thing, and so everyone thinks their doing the right thing but really our characters are doing the right thing? I think it'd be better if we gave RPer's a chance to go either way in the process of the RP. Besides, if this 'destrutive force' thinks it's doing the right thing, then it must be an artificially made object or a human/pokemon. I suppose that might work as it is in the future, but I'm not so sure...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nope, I don't mind being called AE, or Alter, just as long as you don't try to call me Ego. ^-^ *Leans back and wonders how many wise-arses are going to call him Ego now* And Tyson, there's no need to apologize for bringing up the fossils, more ideas is already a good thing and I've come up with an idea for them anyway (See below). Ahh...I haven't planned an RP together with others since the Adopter one (Shame that one of the members got major real life problems and had to quit, which kind of threw the others off) so sorry if I'm hogging the work. xD I do appreciate your input. ^^ And concerning the gym leaders...I'm actually thinking that Tate and Liza (Those are about the only ones who were young enough in the R/S/E saga to still be alive, what with their psychic mind-over-matter stuff and whatnot) could actually help later on. However, since the gyms are under government control, any gym leader openly supporting a view which is directly opposite of the government's would certainly be sacked, so any supporters of the characters would have to do so in secret.

Anyways, it looks like i simply have to explain the big picture behind the force in order to explain this. *Takes a deep breath* Okay, here's the deal;

~OMG! SPOILER! OMG!~

As we all know, Unown by themselves are very simple and weak creatures, possessing only a small trifle of psychic power to protect themselves, however, when they get together, as in the movie, they draw strength from each other and can distort reality itself. So I was thinking of it like this...rather than being individuals, the Unown of the world are, in fact, all parts of a single entity, kind of like the countless nodes used for realying information in a human brain, however, unlike with a human mind, the Unown mind is so largely spread out (Because they're all over the world) that the simple distance involved would make true thinking problematic, so at the moment they are in a state of semi-consciousness (similar to dreaming), however, the entity is of course striving to achieve true consciousness, and to that end, every Unown instinctively seeks to unite with other Unown. Once again because of the huge distances involved, this process is an extremely slow one that crosses countless generations (In human years), and when it happens...well, things go bad. When all of the Unown unite into one, a being of immense power would form, however, because this entity has no experience of the world and yet possesses such a great psychic power that it can read the minds of every sentinent being at a great radius, the sheer amount of information flooding its consciousness at the same time sends it into a state of shock and panic, and the creature would react in the only way it knows; unleashing all the power it holds at its surroundings. The resultant shockwave would not only cause the usual kind of destruction but also, because of its psychic nature, create a terrible backlash in the minds of sentinent beings, reducing them once again to their old, primeval state. The entity itself would not be spared from consequences either however, as it spends so much of its power onto this single attack that the Unown no longer possess the means to keep contact with each other, dispersing back across the world in random patterns, which leads to the entity once again loosing its sentinence, only being able to recall the events as blurry parts of its 'dream' and making way for the process to start again, while at the same time, practically all sentient beings would have suffered a similar fate, having to undergo the process of evolution all over again and start afresh, which more or less makes it into an endless cycle, and the world would be near the end of that cycle as the RP starts.

~OMG! END SPOILER! OMG!~

Well, I hope that makes it a bit clearer. ^-^ Anyways, on the subject of villains...well, I do have an idea for that one. Remember the civilization that used Unown shapes as letters? I'm thinking that they would have realized the process in the making and taken precautionary steps, sealing off the Unown in structures across the world to keep them from uniting (I.e. The ruins found throughout tG/S/C and FR/LG), and the villain(s) in question could somehow have found out about this, perhaps seeking to assemble the entity in hopes of controlling it and attaining a divinity of a sort? Either that or they could be the apocalypse doomsayers who want their vision to come true. The fossil pok?mon could play a role with this method too, because they would have been alive during the time when the ancient people imprisoned the Unown and would undoubtedly have passed the tale onward to each new generation, so we could have a note of various rare pok?mon species acting in a peculiar manner (I.e. Attempting to stop the villain(s)). As for how the characters would get to know of this, I'm thinking that there would be a large enough concentration of Unown in the vicinity of wherever they are (Having them roughly in the same place would make things a lot simpler, maybe there could be some kind of bigger event or something to justify them getting together?) and they would end up communicating with the entity's child form through 'dreams' and that way quite quickly getting the picture.

Anyways, while I'm all for freedom of RPing, the idea of having people go different ways...erm, you mean actually trying to bring about the apocalypse? o.O That would require one heckuva' lot of effort. It's not like everyone has to think that they're doing the right thing, but heck, you'd think that even quite the selfish person would see that the practical elimination of civilization as we know it isn't exactly profitable for them. I'm not saying that characters shouldn't be allowed to be petty, greedy, power-hungry, selfish or indiferent, I'm just saying that they would end up doing the right thing, even if it is for other reasons (Say...wanting to dis the government, getting them of your back to get on with your life, just plain wanting to look good for a more altuirstic member of the opposite gender etc.). Total freedom of choice is a nice concept and all, but it usually leads to weak and fragmented RPs.

Soo...any thoughts? ^-^

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I think you've pretty much the whole RP figured out. ^^;; Maybe we could steal from xXSaberXx's fanfiction storyline, and make 'children' that are spread around the world. Children are sort of like people with more awareness of natural occurances, sometimes legendaries pick them as their children and they recieve even 'specialer' powers. (Not a word, I know) Since you don't want legendaries in this though, we could cut that part out and have that extra ability to sense natural abilities as another reason why the people can feel it more than the other's can?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Does it HAVE to be purely Pok?mon? That alone would alienate quite a few RPers. Maybe if you...integrate elements from other continuities, it would be more appealing to non-Pok?mon RPers.

For example, let's take the Goa'uld, the Replicators, the Ori, and the Wraith from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. They all want to conquer Earth once the Unown gather and trigger the doomsday event. The Goa'uld would once more have slaves in the form of primitive humans. The Replicators would have adequate material to...replicate. The Ori could offer advancement in exchange for eternal worship. The Wraith would have a steady food supply that won't fight back. In addition to stopping the Unown from gathering and wiping out all sentient life on Earth, the protagonists will have to combat the predations of these alien influences as well. If you take the Stargate itself, then it can be used to resettle people offworld just prior to the doomsday event; it'll be up to them to rebuild Earth once it triggers.

For a moment, let's assume that the Unown de-evolution attack is limited only to the Earth's surface. Anything in space would be safe, right? Now let's take the PLANTs from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. ZAFT can adopt a humanitarian stance and allow people to resettle in the PLANTs. PLANTs would also make excellent platforms with which to attack the Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori, and Wraith, if you choose to integrate my Stargate idea. The protagonists can aid ZAFT in resettlement efforts and help ZAFT forces battle the Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori, and Wraith (and they'll get to pilot Gundams, too).

To paraphrase a quote by Number Two from Austin Powers, "There is no world, only corporations." The government doesn't have to be the bad guy. Instead, it could be a whole bunch of corporate interests, like the Umbrella Corporation of Resident Evil fame. In fact, Umbrella could be doing research on the Unown in order to see if they have military applications; personally, I wonder how an Unown infected with the T-Virus would operate.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
But if we did add those things, that would deplete another number of RPers, as I have no idea what the h*ll you're talking about in that entire post. Who're the Guoald-whatever? I have no idea what Stargate is, and I have basically only the rough image of what you're talking about. I wouldn't join the RP if there were elements I had no idea where or what they are and are from.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Naoko-chan said:
But if we did add those things, that would deplete another number of RPers, as I have no idea what the h*ll you're talking about in that entire post. Who're the Guoald-whatever? I have no idea what Stargate is, and I have basically only the rough image of what you're talking about. I wouldn't join the RP if there were elements I had no idea where or what they are and are from.
But still, you get the point. Pure Pok?mon would alienate quite a few RPers. Maybe if we just keep the Pok?mon-related content limited to just the Unown and make up a bunch of original content to fill in the blanks, we could attract a wider audience. Sprinkling in the odd reference or two to other works can be tolerable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Stargate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Resident_Evil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Jack O'Neill said:
Does it HAVE to be purely Pok?mon? That alone would alienate quite a few RPers. Maybe if you...integrate elements from other continuities, it would be more appealing to non-Pok?mon RPers.

For example, let's take the Goa'uld, the Replicators, the Ori, and the Wraith from Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. They all want to conquer Earth once the Unown gather and trigger the doomsday event. The Goa'uld would once more have slaves in the form of primitive humans. The Replicators would have adequate material to...replicate. The Ori could offer advancement in exchange for eternal worship. The Wraith would have a steady food supply that won't fight back. In addition to stopping the Unown from gathering and wiping out all sentient life on Earth, the protagonists will have to combat the predations of these alien influences as well. If you take the Stargate itself, then it can be used to resettle people offworld just prior to the doomsday event; it'll be up to them to rebuild Earth once it triggers.

For a moment, let's assume that the Unown de-evolution attack is limited only to the Earth's surface. Anything in space would be safe, right? Now let's take the PLANTs from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. ZAFT can adopt a humanitarian stance and allow people to resettle in the PLANTs. PLANTs would also make excellent platforms with which to attack the Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori, and Wraith, if you choose to integrate my Stargate idea. The protagonists can aid ZAFT in resettlement efforts and help ZAFT forces battle the Goa'uld, Replicators, Ori, and Wraith (and they'll get to pilot Gundams, too).

To paraphrase a quote by Number Two from Austin Powers, "There is no world, only corporations." The government doesn't have to be the bad guy. Instead, it could be a whole bunch of corporate interests, like the Umbrella Corporation of Resident Evil fame. In fact, Umbrella could be doing research on the Unown in order to see if they have military applications; personally, I wonder how an Unown infected with the T-Virus would operate.

Why yes, I do believe that it HAS to be purely pok?mon. Because I despise the idea of marginalizing them by adding a bunch of completely random stuff in there for no apparent reason, as it always ends up with the pok?mon involved ending up as mindless drones being RPed by a bunch of people who don't have a clue about what the heck they are doing. I haven't got exact figures, but judging by what I've seen the amount of crappy RPers signing up tends to be in direct correlation with the amount of moives, TV-shows etc. mixed into the plot. Why? Because people go 'OMG I know that show!' and decide to join just because of that without needing to have the least appreciation for the actual plot. It's good if you just want a bunch of one-liners but bad if you actually want a functioning RP. ~_~ Also, why SHOULDN'T it be pure pok?mon? It's set in the world of the pok?mon games, the whole disaster is treathening to occur because of pok?mon. Why the heck should we get some random alien invaders? There's no JUSTIFICATION for elements from Stargate to be in, there's no POINT in adding stuff from Gundam Seed (Of which I know absolutely nothing by the way, and which I certainly will NOT research just so I can somehow mix in some random crap from there to court some stray Gundam Seed fanboys), and adding zombies from Resident Evil just for the heck of it is, I'm sorry to say, the dumbest idea I have heard. If you want an RP based on some other TV Show/Movie with some marginalized pok?mon stuff thrown in just for show then go ahead, but don't come messing this plot up with it.

This is a POK?MON SITE, okay? This is supposed to be a place for people who like pok?mon. Therefore I believe that the amount of pok?mon fans here far exceeds the amount of Gundam Seed fans, Resident Evil fans, or Stargate fans. Heck, I'd be ready to wager that it exceeds all three of them combined, the only thing I can see this idea bringing is the alienation of countless pok?mon RPers (A group which includes both me and some of the best RPers I've seen here) and the gaining of a couple of random TV show fans of which 1. Most probably don't go to the Pok?mon Roleplay section anyway 2. 90% probably couldn't write a paragraph of proper IC to save their friggin' lives. And quite frankly, I have no qualms about alienating that lot since that would just spare me the trouble of stamping 'declined' on their miserable sign-up sheets.

In short, the marginal benefit gained doesn't by any means cover the loss of quality RPers incured. The 'Other Roleplay' section was made to handle that stuff, so I'll thank you kindly to keep it where it belongs. -__-

Last edited:

Kurosaki

Because people go 'OMG I know that show!' and decide to join just because of that without needing to have the least appreciation for the actual plot. It's good if you just want a bunch of one-liners but bad if you actually want a functioning RP. ~_~
Just want to bring up a point here. Do you read the posts at all in the Pokemon RP section? It's the same way there, if not much worse in most cases. >>

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Kurosaki said:
Just want to bring up a point here. Do you read the posts at all in the Pokemon RP section? It's the same way there, if not much worse in most cases. >>

Ouch, point taken. Yeah, I can see what you mean and there are some pretty nasty cases there, although judging by some of the stuff that I've seen in Other Roleplay (Not all of it mind you, I don't spend enough time there to make any real wide-scale observations) I'd say that there are equally bad cases in both, although the amounts can vary. Well, thanks for bringing that up (Can't see the faults in my own arguments. >_<), although I still maintain my stance that trying to lure in people from the Other Roleplay section by adding features that would appeal to them but would also would most probably alienate the Pok?mon Roleplay people (The section in which this RP, by virtue of the Unown alone, would end up) doesn't seem like a very good idea simply due to the fact that it would be primarily the pok?mon roleplayers who'd get to see the RP anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back