• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Frontiers Online

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
Years
Pokemon Frontiers Online is a small (very small) online Pokemon game. it is not meant to allow players to catch and use Pokemon, it is meant for fans to chat and explore the Battle Frontier and Small Island together. It ahs a few built in mini games, inventory, etc.
Here are some features that it will include:
- Chat System
- Live Playing (See other players walking around)
- Mini Games (Not Online enabled)
- Mini Game Challenge (Not Online enabled)
- 3 different characters to choose from
- Account creation using INI files
- Inventory to store items in (Items can be used to unlock new places)
- And MUCH more!

It has been in production for TWO days and is already at 89 % finished.
the last things that need to be completed is:
Map
Mini Games (Hasn't been started)
and a beta testing session.

I want the game to be done within one to two weeks before school starts. Please visit the website to get some more inofrmation, screenshots, and a Project overview on my game. =D

After this is done, I want to make a "sequel" that will allow the use of Pokemon, a bigger mpa, more items, and the ability to have more people connect to a server!

and while I am the subject of "servers". Pokemon Fronters online allows you to create your own server that players can connect to (up to 16 players can connect). They need to enter your IP address to logon and will the be able to explore the Battle Fronteir (the place this game takes place in). So I would like feedback, and I hope I can finish this project soon ^^

saul

Years
I'm using GameMaker, I personally think that it is MUCH better than RPGMaker, you can make alomost ANYTHING with GameMaker ^^ although it is a bit more advanced.

saul

Years
When you download the game, you can also download a server manager which lets you create a server for people to connect to, if there isn't any server then noone can connect online, I'll probably make a server, I dunno who else would O.o, but I'm gonna add a page that lets people post their servers to people can connect

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Wow. Two days, and already in 89%? O.O Unbelievable.

This is really promising!

Screenshot evaluation:
1 - I presume that's the title screen, right? Hmm... make it more... attractive, you know, and more eye catching. It just looks... too plain and all.

2 - Too plain, spice it up a bit, you know.

3 and so on - Now, I really like how you made the menu thingy, it's so cool! Simple, and cool! Keep up the good work :)

====

Keep up the brilliant progress and good luck :)

Cendre

Suicune's Opposite
Years
missingnomaster said:
Sounds good. Can you make online games with Gamemaker?

Yes you can make online games. Read a couple posts above. I tried using Gamemaker. Then again, that was a couple years ago. I'm smarter now. Also, saul, if you need any Game Moderators, I'll help out. Also, I can help out with the support forum. =) I'll also do beta testing!

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
*hugs* I loves the folks who believe in keeping it simple

Edit: Just for Clarification are you saying there is no battling going on or there is no player vs player battling as in is there an AI to battle? If youre waiting for future realeses to do that I would suggest having it setup more like netbattle with different events where you select a pokemon, its item, evs, dvs, and attacks and just battle rather than having to worry about the capture, train, trade method or maybe have it to where you can purchase more powerful pokemon with Battle Points if you wanted to do the trading thing which would give you a slight edge over netbattle for a little while.

Last edited:

saul

Years
yes, there will be no battling Pokemon in this game, no catching pokemon, sorry. I just want this to be simple, for mini games and online chatting ^^ although, I have said that I plan on making a "sequel" of this where catching and possibly battling is available (still not sure how I will work that out), but I think if I make a sequel you'll also have a ranch to stopre your Pokemon in O.o so this game is different from other online Pokemon Games (I haven't seen any finished ones O.o) anyway, I'm gonna start finishing up the map right now I still need to design small island and then code it hopefully today maps will be finished ^^

Peekimon- The main menu, it actually has some guys running around it I dont know if that's any better xD. As for spicing it up, I think it looks pretty good, one thnig I do think could use some spicing is the character selection, I will work on that one. Last, credit is due where it belongs, I didnt design the menu system ("Menu thingy"), I am adding and editing an example for gamemaker that teaches you how to make games that is the default menu system, but I'm gonna slightly change it a bit by adding in a new font and icons. Anyway, I'm using this example to learn how online games work and so far, so good ^^

saul

Years
srry for double post >.< but i want to give you all a little update:
okay maps are just about onde, all I need to do is add a "portal" to the doors, etc. so you can go inside buildings ^^
Next up MINI GAMES. any ideas for a mini game? O.o I have one already started one, a dance revolution "Pokemon Style" game xD got any ideas for that? and I need beta testers, I have two so far and any more comments, etc. would be nice ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
I have an idea. What about a mini game, like pokemon pinball, pokemon racing. just some ideas.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
Years
Thats pretty cool!,Sorry if its asking for too much but you should add more trainers to choose from,another girl maybe? I will help out if you nee any spriting done.

edit:also for a pokemon minigame,bash the diglets! you hit them to get pionts,but there is a time limit,and the diglets get faster x3

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Can you make a friend list,if not already done,and some mini game ideas:

-rock paper scissor game to play with friends,but it could be the types,fire beats grass,grass beats water and water neats fire!

-a rapidly press game,you have to press a 2 or more combination as much as possible before time runs out,and the one who does the most wins.

I'll give you more when I can think of them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
I could be a beta tester if you need one and a pokemon memory game would be cool

Back