• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ampharos Deck

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So i pulled a 2 Ampharos from one pack today and it got me thinking.
Spoiler:

Ampharos with the addition of Frozen City would be 30+20 damage for each energy opponent puts on their pokemon from their hand. That is crazy imo. I run a keldeo/blastoise deck and just frozen city will cripple me beyond repair. I imagine it would be 10 times impossible for keldeo to even attack comfortably. It would drop itself down to 20 hp just to do a basic 110 damage. I almost want to just say have it sit in the active with no energy and have your opponent kill himself trying to put on energy. But then there are decks that run energy transfer pokemon which would just ruin this completely. I have a few ideas though not the greatest.

3-1-3 Ampharos
3-3 Cherrim
1x Virizion EX (Plasma Blast) Prevents Status Effects
2-2 Leafeon PF

Cherrims heal 20 hp on your turn for any pokemon basically mitigating damage for energy attaches and possibly keeping Ampharos healthy. Leafeon works with just 1 colorless to kill anything that works around the effects of Ampharos and Frozen City.

Another one i was thinking about is
3-1-3 Ampharos
3-3 Electrik NV
2x Zapdos Ex

Probably some other stuff, but thats what i find important for that deck. Using Electrik to attach energy safely and Zapdos EX being a team plasma card can freely attach energy without fear.

Things you would probably need in both are 4x Rare Candy, 4x Hypnotoxic Lasers for additional damage, 2-3x Frozen City.

Anythoughts on it?

Years
Eels, Juniper, Colress Machine, and Zapdos EX might work decently in a combo with Ampharos and Frozen City, but it's a risky setup. Giant Cape would definitely be worth a look to keep Ampharos alive a bit longer.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I was also thinking of putting Rock guard and rocky helms to attempt to scare them into not attacking after damaging themselves with attaching energy. I was also thinking of using something that does splash damage on to their bench. It could further prevent energy attachments.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
So i recently pulled a Thunderous Ex and did a few trades to make this amparos deck somewhat possible. I dont really have trainers dedicated to this deck so i mostly just pulled stuff from my poison deck.

Pokemon: 18 (10 Basics) A little higher than i want.
1x Thunderous Ex
1x Zekrom Ex
3-1-3 Ampharos
2-2 Eelektrik (NV)
1x Emolga
2x Eevee (PF)
1x Leafeon (PS)
1x Jolteon (PS)

Support: 11
4x Juniper
1x Cilan
2x Colress
1x Hugh
1x Shadow Triad
2x Skyla

Trainers:16
2x Plasma Badges
2x Frozen City
1x Colress Machine
1x Tool Scrapper
3x Rare Candy
3x Great Balls
1x Energy Search
1x Random Receiver
1x Switch
1x Dowsing Machine

Energy:15
13x Electric
2x Plasma

I still need to test play it a bit. But it works pretty decently. Not sure if its tournament ready though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I adjusted this deck a little more recently and i am still playing around with it every now and then.

-2-2 eevee line
-1 Hugh
-1 Plasma Badge

+1 Emolga
+1 Miltank (Place holder for now though it can power up and heal in 1 turn.)
+2 Float Stones
+1 Mareep
+1 Pokemon Communication

I need to get my hands on a few super rods. I think that would help a bit.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Idk how i feel about another one. I mean they are nice and everything and it would be nice getting it out earlier. Though i would need one more rare candy and that amphy and that would take up 2 more card slots. Probably have to drop the miltank and something else. I kind of want to use Rotom to discard energy for cards, though i dont want to waste a turn and most likely a prize card.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I've decided to pick up ultraballs in place of greatballs. Help discard energy and other useless stuff that may just be sitting in my hand. I plan on buying a few packs of DE first in hopes of getting them and/or other trainer cards that my newly formed Weavile/Exeggecute deck. That deck is pretty fun and one of the fastest decks i have. Though i need 4 Ultra, 2 level, and 2 dark claws for it work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
na not really. i could try tossing out miltank or one of the emolgas. But i cant see it being super useful.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I picked up a few packs of DE for my dark deck and i ended up pulling a Raikou Ex full art so i think i might as well toss it in this deck along with the 4 ultra balls. I might as well post my dark deck too. Since its nearly completely.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Raikou Ex is pretty good.
-EC for 30 damage and paralysis.
-EEC for 100 damage on any pokemon but discard all E energy.

The question is should i take out Miltank or one of the emolga. Miltank is nice to be able to heal full damage off of any of my pokemon, but with a retreat cost of 3. Its hard to get out without a floatstone or keldeo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
This is really interesting to see. I've recently put together a similar deck using Ampharos and Frozen city, but using plasma Magnezone to attack and switch the Ampharos back active. Due to it's ability it also runs team plasma grunt to get rid of their energy :P

Back