• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Finders - New and Improved

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

WELCOME TO POKEMON FINDERS

General Info

Hey guys! Ever since my thread was dead, I never gave up on Pokemon Finders! Anyways I have switched to RMXP.

Story

Team Rocket is back and is badder than ever! Giovanni has sent off his grunts to capture powerful Pokemon, and bring them to him. While himself is trying to catch the all-powerful Mew! Some Pokemon have been reported missing. Professor Oak from Lera Town has been noticing these missing reports growing, and growing. Throughout the whole region, Pokemon are being reported missing. You, a young Pokemon Trainer, are awoken by your mother. Professor Oak has decided to send you to find those Pokemon. Team Rocket get's sneekier, and it is up to you, to find the headquarters and stop Team Rocket. The World lies in your hands. Will you find all of the Pokemon?

Yes pretty dramatic ;) and yes, it is the same thing. Maybe I will change it and maybe I won't

Features

Ok, So I have added some features and I plan to add more!

Variety of Pokemon + multiple fakemon!
There will be a variety of Pokemon throughout the regions. I have decided to add up some fakemon that I drew during my free time.

Staff Version of the game
I am making two seperate versions for my game. A normal version that I will release to everyone. And a Staff Version, mainly for the team members who have contributed to the game. If you just do simple little things, like graphic making, scripting, or spriting, I may consider PMing you the Staff Version.
The Staff Version will have Check-Point Rewards. Meaning, once you accomplish something hard or something that is a major checkpoint, you will possibly get a Pokemon, some rare candies, something that will reward you and help you with the game.

Legendaries
There are multiple legendaries in Pokemon Finders. I will name only two: Lugia, and Jirachi. That's it I have said ENOUGH! Haha.

Find and Catch
Some of the Pokemon that you find, may have the chance to be yours. Now every single Pokemon in the game that you find, has the 50% chance of being caught. If you don't catch a Pikachu, maybe you'll catch an Absol. Who knows?

Don't worry those are the only ones that I can think of, there will be more

Screens

capture002.bmp.png
capture003.bmp.png
capture004.bmp.png
capture005.bmp.png
capture010.bmp.png
capture011.bmp.png

The gym is incomplete, I have most of the trainers done but the map isn't done.
HINT: Those two stone pillars, in the second screenie, will always symbolize a legendary or a major event

Updates

None yet.

Team

Mapper - None
Graphic Designer - None
Scripter - None
Scripter - None
Beta Tester - None

PM me if you would like to be a team member.

Known Bugs
~ The First Rocket event for Pokemon Finders is full of bugs. PM me if you want to help and if you want a Staff Version of the Game.

Progress

I always like putting the progress to show you what I have so far. These percentages are accurate.

Maps - 4%
Events - 2%
Graphics - 16%
Sprites - 3%

Credits

Alucus of Borg - HGSS Tiles
Newtiteuf - HGSS Tiles
Kyledove - General Tiles
Poccil - Wonderful Starter Kit

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
This looks ok. I wanna see more though. More happening in the screens, some custom material and maybe the fakemon sprites or their designs atleast.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
This looks really interesting. It got potential

I would like to see more of it

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The new features didn't really hit it with me, the storlyine is ok I guess and the same with the screenshots.
But like the others have said, I need to see more.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
I like the look of this! You may want to fix the cave entrance tile so it fits in one square, but apart from that, great! :D

It'd be nice to have some examples of the new Fakemon. Also, how the professor sends you to find the headquarters, maybe make him send you "undercover" as no-one would suspect a kid to be looking for Team Rocket, right? ;)

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
I saw your sig alrfeady with this game.
What's the deal with Silver? The concept looks really nice to me.
But, if I might give you some advice.
Maybe it would look better if you put a shadow beneath the overworld chars.
Just giving some advice ;)

Greets,
Dew

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
This looks ok. I wanna see more though. More happening in the screens, some custom material and maybe the fakemon sprites or their designs atleast.

I have attempted to create one of the Fakemon. I just need a spriter since I am not great at DP style, and it wouldn't be good-looking having one FRLG style sprite with DP style sprites.

The new features didn't really hit it with me, the storlyine is ok I guess and the same with the screenshots.
But like the others have said, I need to see more.

What could I do to improve the storyline? Like what's so bad about it?

I saw your sig alrfeady with this game.
What's the deal with Silver? The concept looks really nice to me.
But, if I might give you some advice.
Maybe it would look better if you put a shadow beneath the overworld chars.
Just giving some advice ;)

Greets,
Dew

Silver is just a placeholder until I design the real character. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.
And I have attempted to put a shadow underneath the overworlds but I failed. Haha, if you could do it for me that would be great!

Oh, and prepare to be expecting an update in probably a couple of days, who knows. It depends on the responds I get! This is surely going better than my old thread so I hope to keep it like that!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Well I think The Smell's idea for you being under cover would be good. Maybe you could break into the team rocket facility and let the "Police"/Elite 4/ Gym leaders/good trainers in to try and defeat them since it would seem unlikely you could do it all on your own.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
I have some main HGSS overworlds for you I'm using myself too.
I would love some credit, but it's not required (desperate for fame)
Just PM me ;)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Well I think The Smell's idea for you being under cover would be good. Maybe you could break into the team rocket facility and let the "Police"/Elite 4/ Gym leaders/good trainers in to try and defeat them since it would seem unlikely you could do it all on your own.

Yeah, I have an idea of how to incorporate that with the game's events. Cool thanks Smell, and Peeky Chew!

UPDATE SOON

Yes, be prepared for an update. Not screenies! No, a video demonstrating what I have so far of the Check-Point Rewards and the Catch Chance. Also, I will have some new features for you guys to "review."

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

UPDATE
Like I said I promised an update so here it is. Sadly, I have no new features yet. But, I do have a video on what the two events are like. So watch and enjoy.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok guys, I have bad news. I am not feeling this game. I just don't want to continue with it. I really would like someone to continue with it. If you would like to continue this project PM me. I will send you the graphics, the project file, pretty much the whole folder, and full support when needed.

Back