• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's so special about N? [May contain B2W2 spoilers]

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Ok, people. Just like the title says, what's so special about N? Do you like him? Do you more than like him? What's your opinion on him? Why do you think he's so special apart from his looks? Ask yourselves questions like this. Try to make your point on wether or not N is special. Is he a retard or a dream? Give your opinions.

Frankly, i think he's not THAT special, i like his history of being able to talk to Pokemon. But the way he thinks of humans and Pokemon, just a bit exagerated. He's a friggin hypocrit anyway, if he wants to free them so much why does he own them? He wants to make friends with Zekrom/Reshiram? Er...exageration party! And what's up with his name anyway? N? Come on Gamefreak! As if the name "Hilbert" or whatever wasn't bad enough!
But he has upsides in my opinion. Even though he can seem like a total retard from time to time, i guess his motives aren't as insane as covering the world with land/sea. He is als poular among the girls for his looks, but what if he looked like Conway? Would you REALLY still like him? Hm?
So he has upsides and downsides, but he's not the most handsome and amazing character in the Pokemon franchise, and frankly, he has too many female fans.

That's my opinion, what's yours?

Xetharo

The Illustrious Mew
Years
I like his philosophy, but i hate that he's trying to force it on everyone else...definitely went the wrong way about it. Also, i kinda think he was forced to act and think the way he did because of Ghetis anyways. But you're right, if it weren't for how he looked no one would like him...they'd probably just think he was a freak and ignore him really, exactly like Conway

o3o

Years
I think his name creates mystery around his character, as if it's a code or Ghetsis didn't love him enough to actually name him. The fact that he can talk to Pokémon also makes him seem much more mysterious. Also, I like the fact his team is inconsistent, and that the Pokémon he has are ones that can be caught around the area in which you battle him, and then are different afterwards, meaning he's caught them, then set them free again. And his room's totally awesome.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like how N changes his team completely each time you battle him. It's also hard to believe that he started with a Purrloin and ended up with the opposite mascot, as well as several rare Pokemon like Zoroark.

Persephone

Queen of Hearts
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2011
I-iii r-really like N, but I have to agree with you. There's too many fan-girls!!! Between him and Gary, Pokemon is going become 'Fan-girl Central!!'

N reminds you of Conway? What the..... N reminds me of Wally more then anything! The reason why I like N isn't because his long-flowy-green-hair *drools* Ummm any ways.... I like N because his childish nature. He just makes me wanna hug the poor kid. Yeah his a hypocrite, but so what?! He's was being brainwashed by his own father!

N's name is suppose to be a pun for "END". The world is at the END with N and it's more mysterious. xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I find his philosophy annoying and his extremist approach even moreso. But the reason all the fan girls love him is that they can do this to him:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I didn't like him at first, but towards the end of the game I did. His character started to grow on me.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
He has the innocence of a 10 year old yet he is probably old enough to have kids.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
I don't think there is anything special about N. I whooped on him everytime I saw him. Just because he beat some champion who couldn't hold his own doesn't mean he is good.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Like something that was mentioned, at the start I thought he was the worst character ever, and by the final scenes, I actually kinda believed his dialogue, because really, it did seem believable, by making your dreams come true and all. Though definitely people obsess over him way more than they should. :(

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Ok, N is absolutely adorable, but I have to speak up about the girl's who are fans of James. N is a close second to James in terms of adorability and cuteness. N's room completely freaked me out when I saw it on my friends game. I was like....0-o this kid has major issues. His name is N. I laughed so hard when I first battled him. N? Really? Who would name their kid N?

Years
N is a clueless child, or man-child. He speaks out of things he was only exposed to by Ghetsis, so he's technically a tool as well. In fact, I like Ghetsis more than N. Has some character going on for himself.

He's a bishie, not to mention quite annoying if you ask me, though I guess that's him learning.

To be honest...I don't like N. I feel Gamefreak tried a little too hard, as usual, though he;s better than most they've came up with.

But this doesn't stop me from thinking N is the glorified hippie.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Well first of all, I agree. N has WAY too many fangirls, and I just think it's sad how obsessed some of them are over him. He's just a video game character with an extremely exaggerated back story. Personally, I don't see anything special about N, and like other's said, I'm sure if he wasn't "super hawt", he'd have no fangirls. T_T

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was an N fangirl until I understood what he was saying a la English release. What a creep. No one dares talks to my Galvantula! :(

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
He's amazing to me; I more than like him.

His looks are cool yeah, but how child-like and innocent he is with how adamant he is makes me admire him. He is just utterly charming.

Edit: I like how a lot of people think "nothing special" about him besides his looks when they are all drooling over the model Elesa. It's hilarious.

I find his philosophy annoying and his extremist approach even moreso. But the reason all the fan girls love him is that they can do this to him:

Spoiler:

*Saves* thanks for the pic ^^

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
What's so special about N?
Well, I personally think that he is weird.
I mean, normal PKMN Trainers do not have to ability to talk to PKMN.
And yet, he does.

Also, his love for PKMN is basically why I despise him so much.
Every time he appears, I was like, "Oh god, not that idiot again!"

I mean, PKMN is all about power. Not love. At least, that's what I think.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
N is the coolest hippie ever. I donno, I just really liked him. xD;
He's one of the cooler looking characters, though I'm not allowed to point that out.
He's one of the few Pokemon characters that actually has a backstory, and I guess I just feel sorry for him, especially since I can imagine how Ghetsis treated him and all. He was also one of the most fun to fight in the Pokemon games, since his Pokemon switch every time, so you don't know what's coming.
Oh, and he has green hair. Screw the rules, he has freaking green hair.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
My opinion on N was pretty neutral. He was an alright character to me near the beginning of the games. But the ending conveyed quite a lot of meaning; for me, at least. And I liked his ideas and philosophy. He's actually one of the most deepest characters in all of the Pokemon games thus far. And the ending was pretty nice. XD

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 21, 2011
N was a most intriguing and idealistic antagonist, whist fighting him, i couldnt help but want to see his plans come through, but thats not going to happen. he is mostly a weirdo but a graceful one(if there is such a thing). but between all the questions about my motives and "talking" to my pokemon, it was real deep. i think he should have completely told off Ghetsis in the end, with a complete "I'm through being your tool of destruction!" attitude

Back