• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity's IRC POPUP Event!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hello all in VG! :3
Did you know that Pokecommunity has it's own IRC chat called #thepokecommunity?
You can find out more at the bottom of this post!

I love the IRC, but it's not been getting much love lately, and neither is VG, so I'd like to invite everyone here to chat.
This weekend and next weekend's theme is
St. PATRICK'S DAY VIDEOGAMES
Join for good games, good friends, and good drinks (food if you're underage,) at the Pokecommunity.

Of course, you are welcome to chat about other things too, but I would like to host that VG be the main discussion!
I will be active when I can be (I'll need to sleep, sadly!) to promote the VG chatting! Sim City has just come out today, and of course the Pokemon X and Y games have been giving us hype, and VG news and speculation is always ongoing, so if you want to talk ALL games, ANY games, and even game related drabble come drop in! Have fun chatting about games while playing, too!! :3

How to Join!
You can join the IRC if you have an IRC client, and also by clicking the "Chat" that should be on the top (or side depending on what theme you're using) header-bar on every theme.
For more information on this, please click this thread here

Also, if you just want a quick and easy way to join, without having to install anything, just do these steps:
Spoiler:

If you are having trouble with the chat, please post here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243141

Hope to see you all chatting soon!! Stay tuned for more IRC events!​

Last edited:
Years
I love the idea of a IRC Pop-up thread! Hope it takes off!

With St. Paddys Day, I am going to be in Germany, so I won't be able to join in the PC festivities. :(
But ya'll VG lot better get in on this. I can see it being a real good laugh! :D

There is no reason why weekly IRC VG chats can't happen! :3​

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
So this is the same chat server used on icechat right? Also, is it just chromatic or does the chat button not work?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
So this is the same chat server used on icechat right? Also, is it just chromatic or does the chat button not work?

You might need to message Hiroshi Sotomura about that, or post in the thread I referenced in the first post. :3 But I saw you managed to get into the chat so I hope you're enjoying it so far!

If anyone else wants ideas for the IRC chat, including doing almost an IRC Let's Play or walkthrough, I welcome you guys to do it.
Or ideas for other popup events too! :3 If you are planning on joining much more than once, feel free to tell us here what your nickname will be!

Back