• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
With gimme literally kicking everyone out except for me and EG I think everyone is somewhere in Coriolis Forest haha

I like how arrogant/inobedient Riolu is. It's a nice change from the norm.

Years
You make me sound like such a brutal GM *sweatdrop
I feel the need to clarify they had all been inactive for far too long.

Right now everyone except you is in the forest, although Lacoste may end up playing from the beginning. Also, I'd like everyone to assume this IC day will end when Red's character reaches Dew Town. Since we all had that last approximately one day it will work out well as Red's will only be one day behind everyone when she hits the forest.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Inactive players is the bane of RPs :( if people don't post, they don't deserve to be listed as players. That's my harsh view on it. Gimmepie is doing excellent.

Or we could just pretend that I'm posting in the past atm? How many days have passed for you guys? I was thinking reaching the next town by the end of the day, yeah.

Years
I'm nearing the end of day two, so it will actually work out quite well. Then when Lacoste starts posting they will probably post from wherever we're up to which will keep us all relatively close to the same place.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
My First RP (Well if I'm accepted)
Spoiler:

Years
Okay since your new I'm going to be fairly thorough to help you improve.

Layout - Try to write proper paragraphs instead of writing sentences below each other in a list format. You may think it makes it look longer but it doesn't really help at all.

Appearance - You have the general Gist of this one but you need to a little more detail (try reading mine from the first page or Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers' from the page before this).

Personality - You have got some good personality traits there but you need to put them together and be a little bit more detailed to really create a unique and interesting character. Use those traits and build his personality around them rather than just listing them.

History - Think of Who, What, When, Where, Why and How. Explain events further including how your character felt and how it affected him.

Pokemon - No complaints here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hi! I think there are spots open but you'll have to wait for gimmepie's verdict on the matter. It would be fun to have you with us!

I've gotta make a post later today, haha.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
ChilliDawgs, I'm pretty much certain there are spots here since jt seems like here's only three of us actually posting right now (I know EG is havig a break so that makes four spots filled) so I would start planning your SU if I was you! haha

Did you get here from the RP Discussion thread?

Years
Hi Chili!

There is plenty of room in this RP and the list of available starters is in the OP (original post) on the first page. :)

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Did you get here from the RP Discussion thread?[/QUOTE said:
Haha i did! I'm looking for another RP to do and since this one was suggested and it looks like fun im pretty interested in joining. And are the starters that are crossed out taken?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Okieee Dokiee i shall go get some ideas. I already finished all the lawns for today so i'll have aloot of time to think :D Can I reserve Eevee?!

Years
everyone loves eevee xD
you certainly can but I must remind you I'll only hold a reservation for three days to be fair to any other RPers interested in Novia :)

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
:D It's done! Is that enough or should I put in extra?

Name: Dexter (Dex) Carlton

Appearance:
Dexter looks like a mix between a caucasian and a pacific islander. He has kinda that "surfer" vibe to him and he looks the part. Dex has tanned skin but, his hair contrasts that by being a sandy blonde color. Dexter's eyes are a deep blue color with flakes of green in them. He has a wide smile that is almost always on his face. His hair reaches to about the middle of his neck and is just a moppy hair cut with no particular style, it could be described as shaggy and tends to look really wavy. He stands at about 5'11 and has a big muscular build weighing in at about 180 lbs.

Dex is known for his tendency to always wear board shorts even in the coldest months of the year. He usually wears a button down short sleeve shirt unbuttoned, and wears a light blue t-shirt under that. Another trademark of Dexter is that he always carries a brown ukulele around which was given to him by his father.

Personality:
Dex is one of those people that always seems relaxed and laid-back. He's one of the most positive people you could meet and he can always make a situation go from down to cheery in no time. He treats everyone kindly and especially his pokemon which he deems his best friends. Dexter is quite the ladies man and is one heck of a flirtatious guy. He has a very playful nature and treats complete strangers like they've been best friends which annoys some but, appeases others. But in reality all that is just a mask, Dexter's father left his family when he was younger and although they had a good relationship, his mother blamed him for it and he soon blamed himself for it. Under all the charisma is a lonely kid wishing for his father to come back home.

History:
Dexter grew up in the Unova Region and was specifically raised in Undella Town. There he lived happily with a mother who was a pokemon breeder and father who was a singer that would often go out to surf. As a small child Dex was an extremely quiet and shy kid and would often never come out of his room. His father would often come into his room and sing to him to try and connect. Dexter soon opened up with his father and they became extremely close. They would bond over music, his dad would take him surfing, and they would do many activities together. The thing was that Dex's mother was a sadistic and cruel woman and whenever Dex's father was gone out either surfing or performing she would beat Dex and berate him.

One day his father and his mother got into a heated argument and Dexter's dad decided to leave the family. Without notice to Dexter, he grabbed all his belongings and left all signs that he had lived in that home except for three things. A surfboard, a ukulele, and a note that said I love you son. Remember all that I taught you and always keep a smile upon your face. Dex became distraught and his mother would beat him every day. She would scream at him and tell him it was his fault for being such a bad son that his father would leave. Dexter would escape from the hell around him by running away for times to surf and to just drift off while playing his father's little instrument. Eventually Dex gave in and started believing the words that his mother would always say to him.

On his 13th birthday Dex had enough and he left his former home. He had no idea where he would go or what he would do but he heard that there was a new nation called the Novia Region. He wanted a new start where he could meet new people and settle down. Dex decided on going to this new region and starting a new life where he would be like his father, a charming and cheerful man. All he had was a ukulele and a surfboard but, he somehow made it to Castelia City. He would often make friends on the way and they would protect him from the wild pokemon and give him food. Dex didn't have to beg once on his journey. Eventually in 3 years Dexter made his way to Coriolis Town where he bought a home. The beachy area made for a perfect area for him to relax and surf. Dex became well known in the town and he was one of the most well-liked people in the area. His ability to woo girls and make friends made him an instant hit. Eventually Dexter became bored with the life that he lived, he had heard from friends that the pokemon professor was enlisting people to go on a journey with a pokemon she gave them. Dexter soon became interested and that is where the adventure begins...

Chosen Starter:
Rob (Pawniard, Inner Focus - Scratch, Leer, Metal Claw, Iron Defence)
Rob is a male Pawniard that is very rebillous to his trainer and any other type of authority over him. He likes to play fight often and likes to sleep to the sound of Dex playing his ukalele.

Any other info:
Dexter likes to play the ukulele and sing. Since he got beat by his mother he started to develop a tendency to never be able to let anyone close to him.

Last edited:
Years
You could be a little more descriptive in his appearance, perhaps describe his eyes and hair style a little bit. Point out any unique/defining physical traits. Once that's fixed up I'll accept you (is this the same character as the one you use in PTA?)

Years
That should be okay, welcome to Novia xD

Now there's the matter of where you'll start from... I'd recommend either starting from the end of day 1 in the forest (Chapter 3) or your arrival in Dew Town (getting late, chapter 2).

The former will put you in the same spot as Scyke, EG (who is on hiatus) and myself.
The latter will put you with Red's which is good because you two will be able to interact and fulfil the requirement in Chapter 2 :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Start in Chapter 2! :D At least I think that would be nice. :] But you do as you wish of course.

Or wait, what actually happens in chapter 2 apart from interaction with another trainer? Maybe it's best if both me and ChiliDawgs just skip ahead to where you guys are now?

Back