• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Gameboy Image Editor (aka Gibby)

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Hey everybody. Just thought I'd put this up here. This is my Gameboy Image Editor that I made ages ago but never got around to putting it up anywhere, so I found it today and decided I'd let people try it out. It's not incredibly useful, and to be honest, I only made the program to learn more about GB/C hacking and hardware, but I thought maybe someone would want to mess around with the graphics on GB games.

There are a few bugs in the program such as it giving a "Type mismatch" error occasionally when you try to save an image into a ROM, but if that occurs, just press the "Go" button a few times and it should go back to normal.

On the off chance that this program actually becomes useful to anyone, feel free to shoot me a PM and tell me how you like it and whatever projects you're working on with it, if any.

I would encourage any constructive criticism, but seeing as the source code for the program was lost in a crash on my other PC half a year ago, there's nothing I can really do to fix bugs or add features ,aside from disassembling the program and changing the code that way.

Anyways, this is the program, hope you like it. :D

Also, if you create a useful bookmark file while using Gibby, just post it in this thread and I'll add it to the Bookmarks zip file that you can add to your own local Bookmarks folder. Help me make more bookmarks!

Current Bookmarks:
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (ZELDA)
-Pokemon: Red Version (Pokemon Red)

P.S. Before you run Gibby, run the reg.bat file first. If you're using a 64-bit version of Windows, then run reg64.bat instead.

Attachments

• Gibby.zip
    88.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Bookmarks.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I was pretty excited about this when I saw the post, I'd admit.

It was kind of disappointing when I found out that this was for GB/C, but it's still a great thing to have. Kudos to you.

It looks very legitimate :)

How exactly do you work it? Is it like an editor that can replace Pokemon images?

You can search for the offset of a picture in a ROM, and then edit it. You can cycle through random numbers, but of course, if you know the offsets, that would be even better.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
You can search for the offset of a picture in a ROM, and then edit it. You can cycle through random numbers, but of course, if you know the offsets, that would be even better.

Gibby actually has a bookmark system. Currently, there is only one bookmark file for it that comes with it (for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening) but hopefully with enough interest some more bookmark files might pop up, maybe for example Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, etc.

I have to say, I was pretty surprised when I came onto the forum to see that my tool's thread actually had replies. XD I really appreciate the nice comments, it makes me feel very confident. Now I wish I would have backed up my computer, though... :/

Last edited:
Back