• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
not much to the actual game other that editing mini trainer sprites and maps, but I have been going through and deleting the scripts city by city, so far I've done pallet and viridian using the deletescript 0xoffset command on XSE, and then I just made my first script to put into the game and right when I tried to test it that happened. It's FR and yes, I tried LG on it right after and that one worked.
It's dangerous to go around deleting scripts, but I don't see why it would affect the launch...that is, unless you deleted a vital offset.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
It's dangerous to go around deleting scripts, but I don't see why it would affect the launch...that is, unless you deleted a vital offset.
Well, what would be the danger of deleting the scripts? I'm just getting rid of the actual ones on A-map that were just written. I can do that, can't I?
How would I know if I got rid of anything important. I would think if scripts were connected to one another between different parts of the game and you got rid of one of those connections, but not the other, it would be dangerous to try and pay through those parts and it would freeze, so the only thing I could think of is that I've deleted the original Oak's script from the game, which was about 900+ lines, but I still wouldn't understand why it wouldn't even load the game properly.
Do you know of anything I could do to check the problem and possibly fix it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well, what would be the danger of deleting the scripts? I'm just getting rid of the actual ones on A-map that were just written. I can do that, can't I?
How would I know if I got rid of anything important. I would think if scripts were connected to one another between different parts of the game and you got rid of one of those connections, but not the other, it would be dangerous to try and pay through those parts and it would freeze, so the only thing I could think of is that I've deleted the original Oak's script from the game, which was about 900+ lines, but I still wouldn't understand why it wouldn't even load the game properly.
Do you know of anything I could do to check the problem and possibly fix it?
Well, since it doesn't load, chances are the rom's already borked. When you delete scripts, you mess with a lot of flag connections and script calls, which could be fatal if not handled with the utmost care.

About Oak's script, you're not talking about the intro sequence script, are you?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Well, since it doesn't load, chances are the rom's already borked. When you delete scripts, you mess with a lot of flag connections and script calls, which could be fatal if not handled with the utmost care.

About Oak's script, you're not talking about the intro sequence script, are you?
Well, how would I knwo which ones to delete?
and no, I just mean his overall script like anytime in the game that you go and talk to him in the lab.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Best to go after the ones with less important flags (like battle scripts and gifting unimportant items). Why are you deleting them, anyway?
Would that be enough for me though? Cause I'm using FR as a base, but my story doesn't really involve any of the original game scripts.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Would that be enough for me though? Cause I'm using FR as a base, but my story doesn't really involve any of the original game scripts.
There's something you should probably know; even many finished hacks don't delete any scripts, not even near their completion. The best practice is to wait until you're out of free space or almost out of free space and then start deleting scripts, but there's quite a bit of free space, no need to delete scripts for a while.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
There's something you should probably know; even many finished hacks don't delete any scripts, not even near their completion. The best practice is to wait until you're out of free space or almost out of free space and then start deleting scripts, but there's quite a bit of free space, no need to delete scripts for a while.
So, how do I know which flags to use?
And would there be any way to fix my game? I mean, it doesn't matter too much because a lot fo my work has been done outside of the game for now, except I've just finished all mymap editing... :/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So, how do I know which flags to use?
And would there be any way to fix my game? I mean, it doesn't matter too much because a lot fo my work has been done outside of the game for now, except I've just finished all mymap editing... :/
Here's a list of flags used in FR:
Spoiler:

Just use that ones that aren't those.

Also, I don't know if you can save your game now, but It's worth trying if you truly need it (I wouldn't recommend deleting it, though).

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Here's a list of flags used in FR:
Spoiler:

Just use that ones that aren't those.

Also, I don't know if you can save your game now, but It's worth trying if you truly need it (I wouldn't recommend deleting it, though).

Alright, thanks!
Well, like I said I would mainly just need it for the maps for now. I've tried the map saving thing, then opening it in a new a map file, but it hasnt worked for me before

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Okay there's no option for GBC of coloring, and i tried GB and it still had bad coloring. And I've tried customizing the pallets and after a few frames, its fixed and after a while, it goes back to the weird coloring after a couple steps.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Is it possible to tweak the Real Time Clock settings on VisualBoy Advance beyond just turning it on and off? I've recently dumped a Pokemon Ruby save to play around with it in an emulator and the dumped save plays fine except the in-game clock time changes wildly from the correct time it's set to on the cart. Interestingly if I play around in the emulator, save the game, then dump it back to its original cart, the time fixes itself. It's seemingly a minor thing but it'd be cool if I could do something with however VBA emulates the internal battery to get the in-game clock in sync.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Hi guys, anyone can battle between 2 Desmume? who can plz help me.i want to battle but i try every things and i can't. plz help me!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
hey, i just had a question regarding a Flashcard, an R4i to be exact.
I just wondered if there is any way to get a Action replay code that i use on DeSmuMe and use it on the same game (and ROM) on my R4. It would make everything so much eaisier for me, so please help me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
the only thing i find regarding what you said is a DAT file which is named usrcheat, and it wont open. also it is in the R4iMenu folder, and i cannot find x:/__rpgs/cheats....

FireSlasherX

Master Trainer
Years
Dolphin Issue!!

So I'm trying to play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess using the Dolphin emulator, and whenever I load up the rom, the rom loads, but it doesn't load any sound or image, and the screen just stays blank the whole entire time. I'm fairly sure my computer can run games on Dolphin, but I'm not 100% sure. It runs an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 250GHz, holds 3 GB of RAM, and has a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE NForce 430 graphics card. I can't find a solution on why it isn't working so I thought I'de come to the best!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
Hey guys.

I suppose this where you ask for help right?

My a-text editor used to work fine on windows vista, now that I have W7 I get a wierd error.

I've alredy fixed the error with the COMCTL32.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX files.
But now when I go to edit the text I'm not able to see the text correctly.

It always shows things like this:

[&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F]é[&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F]é[&H3F][&H3F][&H3F] [&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F][&H3F]
And this was on pokemon firered.

The same error appears in other pokemon games, such as Ruby.

Please Help?

Adonis_x

Umbreon Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
o-o I'm using No$Gba 2.6a with No$Zoomer and I can play the game fine, but it freezes if I try to view the summary. I've tried Desmume, but my laptop can't handle it. Anyone know any fixes?

Back