• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
thanks thats good to know now i can join in on the conversation.

something wierd i've noticed is that the professers are named after trees.
Oak,Juniper,Burg.
Yes, we've noticed this too and even had a discussion at one point about what the new professor's name will be. We've had Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper. We also have Ivy...

(Brock: "DON'T MENTION THAT NAME!")

...sorry! I mean, we have this Orange Islands chick who used to be Brock's love interest. She is an anime exclusive as far as I know.

Back to Gen. VI. Professor Pine is an option, as the Swiss Pine is apparently a common tree in France. In fact, I'm going to say this is as good as money in the bank. My call is Pine.

Hm i thought it had a few of them named after colors.
Nope. Here's a list (Gym locations italicized):

- Littleroot Town
- Oldale Town
- Petalburg City
- Rustboro City
- Dewford Town
- Slateport City
- Mauville City
- Verdanturf Town
- Fallarbor Town
- Lavaridge Town
- Fortree City
- Lilycove City
- Mossdeep City
- Sootopolis City
- Pacifidlog Town
- Ever Grande City

I defy you to find a name based on a colour.

Cyclone

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yes, we've noticed this too and even had a discussion at one point about what the new professor's name will be. We've had Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper. We also have Ivy...

...sorry! I mean, we have this Orange Islands chick who used to be Brock's love interest. She is an anime exclusive as far as I know.

Back to Gen. VI. Professor Pine is an option, as the Swiss Pine is apparently a common tree in France. In fact, I'm going to say this is as good as money in the bank. My call is Pine.

- Littleroot Town
- Oldale Town
- Petalburg City
- Rustboro City
- Dewford Town
- Slateport City
- Mauville City
- Verdanturf Town
- Fallarbor Town
- Lavaridge Town
- Fortree City
- Lilycove City
- Mossdeep City
- Sootopolis City
- Pacifidlog Town
- Ever Grande City

Cyclone

tumblr_ma02h5ccch1qc0usco1_500.jpg

I DEFY YOU HEART MAN.

I like Syd's idea of Professor Mendal. After the guy who did that bean genetics experiment.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

- Littleroot Town
- Oldale Town
- Petalburg City
- Rustboro City
- Dewford Town
- Slateport City
- Mauville City
- Verdanturf Town
- Fallarbor Town
- Lavaridge Town
- Fortree City
- Lilycove City
- Mossdeep City
- Sootopolis City
- Pacifidlog Town
- Ever Grande City

Cyclone

Hoenn doesn't really look like it has a defined theme, but Slate, Lilly, Moss, Mauve, and Rust are all special name colors. Generally paired with a common named color for specific representation with exception to mauve which is pale Lavender/Lillac (look colors named after flowers XD)

Rust Red/Rust Orange/Rust Brown
Lilly White, Lilly Pink
Moss Green, Moss brown
Slate Gray.

A lot of defining characteristics can be used for colors.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
its not that the city itself is named after a color but the name has a color in it.

off topic but you know how the 5 gens region was baced on the U.S. well do you think any other regions are based off anywhere in the world. if not why this world?

this region will be based off Europe so why do you think they would star basing the game off of real places now?

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
its not that the city itself is named after a color but the name has a color in it.

off topic but you know how the 5 gens region was baced on the U.S. well do you think any other regions are based off anywhere in the world. if not why this world?

this region will be based off Europe so why do you think they would star basing the game off of real places now?
The general assumption is that the X and Y region will be based off of France or more specifically Paris due to Pikachu thunder bolting the globe from the top of the Eiffel Tower and the Eiffel Tower replica seen in the game footage. However, I'm hoping other European influences are incorporated into the region as well.

So far every region we've had has been based off of an existing location. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh are each based off of different places in Japan. You can see that in the image below. And as you pointed out, Unova is based off of the US, or more specifically, New York.

Spoiler:

BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals

Normal with a hint of oddity.
Years
I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully, the villainous team will follow in Team Plasma's footsteps and be really developed. I really don't find anything that bugs me except Froakie. I just really don't like frogs. Or frog Pokemon for that matter. :/

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I really like them both but I prefer Xerneas but I prefer Yveltal as a Pokemon in design ;__; So unfair AREN'T YOU LIFE??

How about 'Kser-knee-ous' and 'Ih-vel-tahll?"

That would be so... awkward lol. I like Cedar or Pine. Evergreen has a nice ring to it too, but it's a bit long. What if there is no professor..... O.O

I'm reserving 'Maple' for my un-posted Fakemon project.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I think mendel or swiss would work best here. If it is mendel maybe they are trying to make new berries to help trainers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
n lum-sitrus would be bad imo. I mean things like Exeggutor would love it but... I think the current berry system is muuuuuch easier. :x

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
bring back the berry trees but please don't bring back those silly acorns. plus wouldn it be cool if they used them in a different way then healing and raising friendship statis. maybe it could be like an iorn or a HP UP [iron= defense going up HP UP= health going up]. also earlier in the conversation you guys were talking about a friendship bar well they could also raise that don't you think.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I'm excited about the way in which competitive battling will go.
Considering there was such a huge powercreep in Black/white,
imagine some of the insanely powerful pokemon we'll find in this
game. Either that or they just make everything average again /shrug

Guy

just a guy
Years
bring back the berry trees but please don't bring back those silly acorns. plus wouldn it be cool if they used them in a different way then healing and raising friendship statis. maybe it could be like an iorn or a HP UP [iron= defense going up HP UP= health going up]. also earlier in the conversation you guys were talking about a friendship bar well they could also raise that don't you think.
So far apricorns have been only exclusive to GSC/HGSS. Unless they decide to bring it back in X and Y, we probably won't see them again. I would very much like to have berries and berry trees back again though. I didn't like how in Gen V, you could only plant and grow berries from the Dream World. That was a bit unfortunate in my opinion, especially for those who didn't go into the Dream World very often... or at all.

Nah, not Berry Pots. I'd like a Villa again where I can grow some pretty berries outside.
I liked Berry Pots for its quick and easy use. Plus it was always with you, so you never had to backtrack to obtain any berries you planted a few days before. However, it was limited unlike the numerous locations we could have planted berries outside in RSE and DPPt and while I wouldn't mind seeing it again, I'd rather they go back to the original roots in berry picking/growing. It's a lot more fun that way.

I like the idea of berry blending though! Or in other words, combining two berries to create a whole new type of berry with added effects. In a lesser way, it also goes along with the whole idea of genetics. It's already a thing in real life, so it could always be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back