• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Yay, sprite Astroneon.

Spoiler:

Oh and ya know that Spring Frosslass? It seems really overpowered. I mean, with 1100 base Defense, I don't know how anything would be able to faint it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yay, sprite Astroneon.

Spoiler:

Oh and ya know that Spring Frosslass? It seems really overpowered. I mean, with 1100 base Defense, I don't know how anything would be able to faint it.

Spring Froslass is special. Don't knock it.

jklol no I typoed I'll fix it later xDD

edit
X & Y Spoiler
Spoiler:

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I've got some pretty decent art skills, so i'll help you out in the fakemon making :)
and i can also help you with some ideas if you need some :P

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Alright, so upon further consideration the Astroneon sprite I posted yesterday seemed really light, so I darkened parts of the outline. I don't really know which looks better overall though, so I'll leave that up to you guys and gals.

Spoiler:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
@Ragnia
Honestly both look cool, however I would select darker outlines since that is what marks a "sprite", and not a vector image. Not to worry, after all the Pokémon are completed, or a fair amount, I'm planning to make battle sprites (the kind you see in BW, also animated!) of them and update their designs.

Anyway guys, I've finalised the region size and layout style.

Greece-Unnamed-Map_zpsab4037b3.png

As you can see, the red part of the map, Greece, is where all the cities are gonna be placed, only a few things will be outside it's border, however, it's all going to come to be known as a new region.

Many thanks to [supporter]Scarf[/supporter], our magic pixel artist, for suggesting a map based on Greece itself, just look at the layout, I love it. Water... sooo much water... a real ocean... a dream come true... (except for the Hoenn region of course)

Feel free to change your Pokémon designs to make them more adaptible to this type of a region (eg- less ice types, water Pokémon be ocean dwellers, underwater Pokémon etc.).

Also, referring to Alexial's awesome Lunar Dragon design, I think you know, it will fit better as Fairy/Dragon, don't you think? I dunno, just an idea...

dragon_fakemon_evolution_edited-1_zpsb681c1b9.png

Looks like a fairy/dragon fitter to me...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhhh I already made a Fairy/Dragon pokemon. .___.; But I can always get rid of that (I didn't like the design much anyway, too busy) in favor of the lunar dragon who I am totally going to finish drawing, yup, definitely.

Excellent sprite as always, Scarf. I'll add it to the dex. :3 Also going to add the map, if no one minds or wants to make any changes to it?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ahhhh I already made a Fairy/Dragon pokemon. .___.; But I can always get rid of that (I didn't like the design much anyway, too busy) in favor of the lunar dragon who I am totally going to finish drawing, yup, definitely.

I don't remember seeing a fairy/dragon Pokémon though... are you talking about Loeir? But he's labelled fairy only.

In any case, I just wanted to bring to everyone's notice that the Pokémon that's the evolution of a baby Hippocampus's name is Hippocampi. That is practically the plural of Hippocampus (us - i) and I suggest we take a more unique name. It's not a problem if it stays that way, Hippocampi isn't a legitimate English word, and there are even lesser unique names, like Ditto and Electrode, but I think we can think of a better name...
YP9893q_zpsf970970b.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well guys I'm done with my little vacation, I'm glad this thread has very solid members I would have hated if it had died, but it didn't and that's great. I will start designing some new Fmons tommorow (unless there's something else I'm needed for of course), again I'm glad to be back I missed this thread and you guys too hehe.

EDIT: OK guys, my next pokemon is gonna be the ditto, castform of this generation so is gonna have multiple forms, that means multiple drawings so I might take a while. All I can say right now is that it will have 3 forms, the other details are a surprise ;).

Hoenn@ I don't have a problem with the name but if people want to change it, how about Galopamus

Alexial@ I really like thats Lunar dragon, specially that moon rock body.

Ragnia@ the darker sprite looks better, but if you could pull of a lining color brightness between your old sprite and the new one I think that would be the most ideal.

Kosuke@ Welcome kosuke, start sketching! more people the better hehe

Scarf@ You got some skills there man, I want to see what other drawing you pick to make into sprites hopefully one of mine

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ah, I see this has been prospering alot!

And Kosuke, just pop in and post what you've got :D

I'll be back to doing stuff in about 10 days

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ok heres my new fakemon, this was kinda of a warm up since I haven't drawn anything in some time so expect it to be kinda sloppy still it looks cool to me hehe.

10egcbp.gif

Name: Mercuree
Type: Posion/Steel

Special Abilities:

Poison Touch: The opponent can become poisoned just by touching this Pokémon.
Light Metal: This Pokémon's weight is halved.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have an itch to draw but I ran into a block everytime I pick up a pen TTwTT

Any type requests for the Pokedex? I'll just doodle (since I'm like thousands of years behind the other artists here)

If ya have a general idea go ahead and share and I'll doodle ideas XD

I just really need to kill the block so I can draw three other ideas i have that I kinda want to add to this dex project.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
It happens to all of us so don't worry, why don't you try drawing something very simple so you can pass that block I suppose, atleast that's what I did.

pridekitty

A Kitty
Years
I have an idea!
Since it's Greek mythology themed, the main legendary could have 13 different forms, like Normal form, Ocean form, Love form, stuff like that.

Wait, someone else is making the map? Crap, i just made one. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think 13 different forms its way too much, it does resemble Arceus multiple type attribute as well. Also you can post the map if you want, even if it isn't used in the dex it could give good ideas to the person making the map.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Looks good :) ,reminds me when I used to play emerald with that busted GBA hehe. Only thing that it needs is the real names in the map remove, the region is based on Greece but its not actually gonna be Greece.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I have an itch to draw but I ran into a block everytime I pick up a pen TTwTT

Any type requests for the Pokedex? I'll just doodle (since I'm like thousands of years behind the other artists here)

If ya have a general idea go ahead and share and I'll doodle ideas XD

I just really need to kill the block so I can draw three other ideas i have that I kinda want to add to this dex project.

Yeah I've got an idea for a bunch of stuff that I don't have time to draw. If you'd like, I'll gladly pass them on to you.

I definitely want to see more Fairy types. I keep coming back to a Fairy/Water type Narwhal lmao.

Also, pridekitty, I think Hoenn is working on a map for us now, but if you'd like to consult with him about what directions you'd like to go, you're free to. :)

Back