• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
In scripts, how do you check where an OW is faced?

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but I am guessing you want to change the direction they face, as in turning around to look behind them without moving.

In Fire Red you want to use the following values with the applymovement function.
Spoiler:

don't forget to use your waitmovement function afterwards. I am not sure about the values for Ruby, but I am guessing they are the same.

Larsie13

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but I am guessing you want to change the direction they face, as in turning around to look behind them without moving.

In Fire Red you want to use the following values with the applymovement function.
Spoiler:

don't forget to use your waitmovement function afterwards. I am not sure about the values for Ruby, but I am guessing they are the same.

Well, that's not what he was asking. He means, is there a way, just like with compare 0x800C (aka PLAYERFACING) to check for an OW which way they are facing. And as far as I know, that can't be done. Well, it's probably stored in the RAM somewhwere, which means you could check it with a simple compare. But I'm not sure about that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Hey, I've gotten used to the basics of the tools, but I just have another question. Does anyone know if it's possible to add more moves available to a pokemon using YAPE?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Hey, I've gotten used to the basics of the tools, but I just have another question. Does anyone know if it's possible to add more moves available to a pokemon using YAPE?

Only by removing moves from other pokemon. A method I do is go through each Evolved Pokemon, as they have moves that are listed twice, so just delete the copies that are set at Level 1 (ie a Blastoise with Water Gun at Lv 1 and Lv 9, delete the Lv 1 move, and that allows you to place a move on another.)

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
I have a problem. I think my ROM is stuffed up. x3
It's got a lot of stuff on it that I don't wanna delete, but whenever I start it up, it comes to a white screen. (I have saved files so I just go into them and it works), but does this mean that if I give an .IPS file to someone, they will get the white screen if they try to patch it too? And does anyone know how I can fix the white screen? D:

~Flareon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
tile inserting help

i need somone to insert 2 tiles for me cuz i cant for my life.i just want to replace the pokecenter and pokemaart if u could do it for me plz pm for the pic i want want inserted
p.s if this is the wrong place ,moderators plz move it
progress.gif

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
I searched for this and saw it unanswered quite a few times.
So, I'm asking:

How do you change the music of a wild battle?

So say I have
Spoiler:

This was generated by PKSVs Script Generator. This is an encounter with RAYQUAZA. I had to add fadescreen 0x1 -> fadescreen 0x0 so the sprite would disappear. xD

Anyways, what would I add/change to change the battle music?
(This is the compiled script)

Thanks

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I searched for this and saw it unanswered quite a few times.
So, I'm asking:

How do you change the music of a wild battle?

So say I have
Spoiler:

This was generated by PKSVs Script Generator. This is an encounter with RAYQUAZA. I had to add fadescreen 0x1 -> fadescreen 0x0 so the sprite would disappear. xD

Anyways, what would I add/change to change the battle music?
(This is the compiled script)

Thanks

You need to use Mastermind_X's music hack. You'll have to go look for Mastermind_X, and get the link to his site, if someone could provide a link, that would be nice.... he has a few advanced tutorials on there, and it requires a little ASM... (Just inserting the ASM, not making it) But it will allow you to change the music...

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
Awesome thanks.
I just started ROM hacking a week ago, and I've learned so much so fast. xD

EDIT: Is this Mastermind_X's site? If so, I can't find any music hack tutorials/downloads. :o

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Awesome thanks.
I just started ROM hacking a week ago, and I've learned so much so fast. xD

EDIT: Is this Mastermind_X's site? If so, I can't find any music hack tutorials/downloads. :o

No, this isn't Mastermind_X's site. Search his name in the Member List, and a link should be on his Profile somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Hi I'm pretty new to this ROM hacking.. I was just wondering, is it possible to create a Pokemon hack without basing it on the original Pokemon ROMs? How much of the game can you really change when you apply just an IPS patch? And after you've made your hack instead of distributing it as an IPS file, say quite a number of features have been added to the game hack for it to be too big to store as an IPS, is it possible to convert it into a ROM file?

I'd be thankful if anyone can answer my questions..

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
No, this isn't Mastermind_X's site. Search his name in the Member List, and a link should be on his Profile somewhere.

Oh, sorry. I meant to post the link. xDD
Bleh, my history is gone already. But most of it was German and the banner had a "serving you since 2006" thing on it.

Anyways, one last question.
I changed the palettes of the Hero's backsprite and front, but I want to edit the overworld ones as well. I don't want to use OW Editor and do every single square inch of all the indexes/frames, so I'm asking for the palette offset of the main index.
Or, (they can be found with unlz-GBA, right?) where they're found in Unlz. (FireRed)

Thanks.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Hi I'm pretty new to this ROM hacking.. I was just wondering, is it possible to create a Pokemon hack without basing it on the original Pokemon ROMs?
Yep there's a programme called sphere which you can design a whole new game from scratch, there's another one i think it's RPG maker or something i'm not sure but i'm positive that sphere doesn't base it on other ROM's though you have to look for tutorials to help you with sphere.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
if instead of using a fanfare in a script how do i change the music during the script instead?

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Yep there's a programme called sphere which you can design a whole new game from scratch, there's another one i think it's RPG maker or something i'm not sure but i'm positive that sphere doesn't base it on other ROM's though you have to look for tutorials to help you with sphere.

O I see..Thanks for answering part of my question! I was thinking if a "Pokemon-esque" game could feasibly have the original battle and contest gameplay systems, plus added gameplay systems and features. Since I heard somewhere that it's impossible to have a hack with all 4 generation pokemon because the "slots" on the original base game isn't enough and that the .gba file is just too small or something like that. So I wondered whether it was necessary to create an entire new game from scratch or if I could just build a hack using the original base game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back