• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Ash Gray

The game is great Metapod 23 but the main problem is that u can't save the game like with normal fire red. U have to save state. That isn't much of a problem but when u then load the state the music is kinda mixed up. I saw the progress u made up till know and I was wondering if u could do something about the saving?

But all in all great hack! Keep it up! U have my support!

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
this hack seems really good. it must be hard to do.

Its not so much hard as it is time consuming. If you know the basics about Mapping and Scripting you can pick up the rest along the way from tutorials or experience from fellow hackers.

I would never attempt a hack, I have the knowledge. But no where near the time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2015
Also, as far as Brutella and the banned epsode goes, is there anything to do in that one?

I would like to see the banned episodes, and I also think including the movies is a GREAT idea.

waiting4b6

Bursting Fire creator
Years
The game is great Metapod 23 but the main problem is that u can't save the game like with normal fire red. U have to save state. That isn't much of a problem but when u then load the state the music is kinda mixed up. I saw the progress u made up till know and I was wondering if u could do something about the saving?

But all in all great hack! Keep it up! U have my support!
Change the save type to flash 128K, i think that should fix it. If that doesn't work you could have patched it to a bugged fire red rom.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
did 2.5 make it past the big patch of grass after meowth yet? this hack is really fun and i cant wait for it to be finished

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
hey metapod23 you know in the first post you said the pokedex thinks oniks is part of the dugtrio family IT'S NOT A GLITCH it's like that in the firered pokedex :mew:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
man i remember downloading a beta of this a long time ago and loving it, progress here is awesome, i hope you can finish this succesfully, wish u luck, lol

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
hey how do u get to cinnabar island i tried bt i cant seem to get there im stuck at the place where i gave a kid meowth at the sch

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
Please excuse my ignorance in the matter, but I just started playing pokemon on an emulator a couple of days ago. I really want to play this game, but I can't quite figure out how to use the ips XP combiner thing. I downloaded it, selected the first file as pokemon firered, selected the second file as the Ashgray 2.5 patch, and then applied it. It says that it is done applying, but I can't access the newly combined file to play.

Please help, and thanks in advance :)
--------------------------------------
The guide on this site guided me through it, believe it or not ha.

This walked me through it... great hack, the game is wonderful so far!

Last edited:
Years
Please excuse my ignorance in the matter, but I just started playing pokemon on an emulator a couple of days ago. I really want to play this game, but I can't quite figure out how to use the ips XP combiner thing. I downloaded it, selected the first file as pokemon firered, selected the second file as the Ashgray 2.5 patch, and then applied it. It says that it is done applying, but I can't access the newly combined file to play.

Please help, and thanks in advance :)
--------------------------------------
The guide on this site guided me through it, believe it or not ha.

This walked me through it... great hack, the game is wonderful so far!
what i do is use IPSWin 2.0 and just open it, select the two files and say patch. the new patched game will be the original rom.

Back