• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know?

Years
Did you know that Oshawott is the only main series starter Pokemon to have their English name start with a vowel?

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
Yeah I do.

Did you know that the Azure Flute is the only item in Gen IV that wasn't officially released, even in Japan?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Uh huh
Did you know that in Generation 1, Elixir was misspelled as Elixer

TY

Did you know that if Sableye and Spiritomb got Shedinjas ability, they become invincible?

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Yes i did
Did you know that there is a turtle/Tortoise for every starter type
(Torkoal-Fire)(Turtwig-Grass)(Tirtouga and Squirtle-Water)

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Oh wow I didn't realise that!
But you should have included Squirtle in your list. :c

Did you know Pidgey in Red/Blue wasn't given any Flying-type moves so that the Pidgey in Route 1 wouldn't destroy Bulbasaur? (They only had Gust which was Normal-type in that generation.)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Yep! I did know that!

Did you know that in Red/Blue the Leech Seed damage was staggered in the same way as Toxic? That is to say, the damage a seeded Pokémon received (and thus the healing that the Seeder received) would increase by 1/16 each turn?
(Sorry for all the Bulbasaur obsession today--it is necessary.)

Years
Did you know that Oshawott's evolutions were the hardest to design of any starter Pokemon's evolutions?

According to Ken Sugimori, he eventually settled on a Samurai theme and Samurott's design was inspired by a sea lion after Sugimori went to an aquarium.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I didn't know that!

Did you know that in Generation III, if you somehow got to access a PC before getting any Pokémon, the first slot in your party would be filled by the sprite of a shiny Bulbasaur?

Years
Did you know that Manectric was the only evolved Electric-type Pokemon introduced in Generation III (Hoenn)?

This is because Plusle and Minun don't evolve at all.

Lezza

Years
No i didnt know that.its cause budew wasnt in Gen 3. and you can only get it though item breeding

Did you know that all pokemon that can have No guard can use a fighting type move. And only kerrablast cant learn Dynamic punch.

Years
Did you know that Lillipup is the only 5th Gen Pokemon (aside from Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott) that evolves before Level 20?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Did you know that Lillipup is the only 5th Gen Pokemon (aside from Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott) that evolves before Level 20?
No, I did not know that. But what if I evolved my Pansear with a Fire Stone before level 20? :P

Did you know Volbeat is the only Pokemon to learn Flash from leveling up?

Lezza

Years
No,
Did you know that Hydreigon can learn learn moves from all types apart from grass

Back