• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I don't wanna be mean, but the word "supposed" is spelt wrong in 0:28.

But that doesn't mean that the cutscene is not good. It's supposed to be excellent!
Good luck, anyways.

Oh well, just more stuff to go over later :P

Thanks for that :D

------- (-o-) -------​

I've been working at a million miles an hour over the past two days - Inserting well over a bazillion scripts to fully flesh out the storyline as well as mapping a new city and my favourite route so far. All of the scripting for these two areas have been completed, whilst I added a two-piece event in Frickle Forest that is integral to how it will all be played out.

I am currently working on the last route of the beta, but my time will be severly constrained over the coming month and there is more stuff for me go back over again.

Have some screenies of Frickle Forest, Route 4 and Poliberg - The home of the Lowen Police Force Head Quarters.

Reward.png
River.png
Waterfall.png

TradeGym.png
Stolen.png
LPFHQ.png

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Oh well, just more stuff to go over later :P

Thanks for that :D

------- (-o-) -------​

I've been working at a million miles an hour over the past two days - Inserting well over a bazillion scripts to fully flesh out the storyline as well as mapping a new city and my favourite route so far. All of the scripting for these two areas have been completed, whilst I added a two-piece event in Frickle Forest that is integral to how it will all be played out.

I am currently working on the last route of the beta, but my time will be severly constrained over the coming month and there is more stuff for me go back over again.

Have some screenies of Frickle Forest, Route 4 and Poliberg - The home of the Lowen Police Force Head Quarters.

Reward.png
River.png
Waterfall.png

TradeGym.png
Stolen.png
LPFHQ.png

Did you restart or something? I don't see the old text box D;
Nice screenshots by the way.
The scripts look interesting, hopefully everything is spelt right this time. ;P

Good luck Fuji~

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Did you restart or something? I don't see the old text box D;
Nice screenshots by the way.
The scripts look interesting, hopefully everything is spelt right this time. ;P

Good luck Fuji~

Nah, the old textbox wasn't working out unlike yours which is brilliant so I've reverted to the original style for the time being. I will change them to something else eventually, but for now this will do.

Thanks for that, buddy - I hoep I can spel stufff :<

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Wow - I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet! :3
The scripting, tiles, mapping, all look great, the video is really nice too.
I can't find anything that I dislike about this, actually, so I'll just say good luck, can't wait for the alpha!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Wow. I've played and seen a lot of hacks, but I don't think any of them have ever been quite so visually appealing as this... It's like it's seducing my eyes. Fantastic!

6ryan4

"Watch the power of aura!!!"
Years
Watching that Cloud Temple video gave me these weird chills. It's so cool that this hack ties in to the Generation II story. I definitely want to see more! :D

I only have one question, though: why is Oak the professor? I can understand Team Rocket being there because Giovanni vanished, so you're doing a continuation kind of thing, but due to the time period you set this game in, Oak was in Johto. It doesn't make much sense why he's there.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Wow. I've played and seen a lot of hacks, but I don't think any of them have ever been quite so visually appealing as this... It's like it's seducing my eyes. Fantastic!

Why, thank you very much. Eye seduction is the best kind of seduction :P

Watching that Cloud Temple video gave me these weird chills. It's so cool that this hack ties in to the Generation II story. I definitely want to see more! :D

Thanks, and don't worry, more is coming soon.

I only have one question, though: why is Oak the professor? I can understand Team Rocket being there because Giovanni vanished, so you're doing a continuation kind of thing, but due to the time period you set this game in, Oak was in Johto. It doesn't make much sense why he's there.

Oak isn't in the region for the entire game - He is only present at the beginning to do the rounds of his Lowen lab before returning to Kanto/ Johto. I have plans for him to return later in the story, but at this point I'm keeping my lips sealed. Thanks for bringing that up, I realise that I didn't make that clear at all :P

Minor update: I'm finishing off my exam period in two days so I can get back to working on Lilac on a regular basis pretty soon. Over the weekend I have inserted a new textbox, made the game far more de-capitalised than what it was and created a small event at the beginning which will introduce a recurring character who will be sure to push you all the way in your quest to be a Pokemon Master. Possible screenies up soon.

At this point all I can really do is polish what is on the ROM and go over a few things which I have neglected earlier on :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry about not replying to this thread in nearly a month, but I finally finished school for good, and most of the work I've been doing on Lilac can't be shown by video/ screenshot or just wasn't important enough to do so.

The tiles in this hack are amazing, keep up the good work!!!!!

Thanks a lot. It took a while to insert them, and I'm happy you think they look nice :)

Wow! Another great game without any good music. I really like the maps and the scripts, but I don't like the music.

All the music present in the videos are all FR default songs, so I'm not sure what to say about Lilac not having any 'good' music. I like the FR music and don't have any plans to replace it at this point in time.

------- (-o-) -------​

Anyway, here is the main point of this post. I'm at the stage where I'm happy to release Lilac's first beta, but I'll need testers to do give it the once over beforehand. I already have one person getting the beta, but there are 3 or 4 other spots open depending on the number of people interested, but I'm sure that would be enough.

If you wish to apply, please leave a comment below or PM me staing your interest and why you want to help out. I'm not going to lie: If you have only been around the forums for a short time, the chance of me accepting you will be less than someone I have seen/ known for a while. If you are accepted, I will contact you within the next few days.

Post here/ PM me, so we can finally get this first beta out of the way :3​

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
wow,I would call you a god if it wasn't against my relegion.
how did you insert all of those tiles,and how did you use the A-map palletes?
(just asking for advice)

EDIT::noticed something small:it looks like the water edge is higher then the bridge,should be an easy fix.

Waterfall.png

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
I agree with what most of people said...
The tiles you used are really beautiful, but I must add, I like your stile of mapping.
I'm also glad you haven't given up on the hack! :)
Keep it up!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
wow,I would call you a god if it wasn't against my relegion.
how did you insert all of those tiles,and how did you use the A-map palletes?
(just asking for advice)

EDIT::noticed something small:it looks like the water edge is higher then the bridge,should be an easy fix.

Waterfall.png

I guess I'm a false idol then :P

I always thought about what I was inserting and made sure that there was a similar pallete before I put anything in - That's all about you can do when inserting a lott of tiles.

I'm fine with the way it is right now :>

I agree with what most of people said...
The tiles you used are really beautiful, but I must add, I like your stile of mapping.
I'm also glad you haven't given up on the hack! :)
Keep it up!

Thanks. Give up? Nope :P

------- (-o-) -------​

It has finally happened - Lilac Beta 1 has been released. It has two gyms and has a Rocket event, ending once you recieve HM05.

Known Bugs/ Unfinished Stuff:
  • The Pokedex screen has a corrupted block that has weird colours and makes it hard to read the text. This can only be seen when catching Pokemon and is not present when opened from the menu.​
  • B/W Pokemon cries aren't inserted.​
  • Youngster CJ's backsprite is an old man (lol).​
  • You MAY experience trouble when trying to enter the building where you recieve your starter. The music must be turned on in some cases to advance.​
  • The bag changes pallete when the Town Map is closed after opening.​
I'd also like to thank Quilava's Master, Manipulation, NiKaNoRoU, icychill66 and Vrai for offering to test this beta and helping to find all of my flaws :D

Here is the download link to the ips file but you can also find the download link on this thread's first post, so what are you waiting for? Go get it!​

Years
I've played a little bit of the Beta, and I've seemed to hit a snag. I found Oak in the cave, and followed him to Bolderville, but after he entered the Trade building (thus after the guy offered me the egg), I went into the Trade Building, and notyhing happened. I roamed the town a bit, and, trying to leave to the south caused me to be stopped by that Youngster- whereas I could freely wander into the grass to the West of town. I encountered a Pokemon, having none of my own, and I fainted. Could this have been a problem on my part, or is there a slight problem with it?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay, as one of the beta testers, and official persona of DrFuji's plaything youngster rival, I am here to tell you guys how COOL this hack is.

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has my first ever made OW in it
--It has B/W pokemon properly inserted
--It has a great storyline
--It has greatness

I have no further bugs to report, so I hope you continue to amaze us with Lilac. Great job so far :D

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well ;)

I've played a little bit of the Beta, and I've seemed to hit a snag. I found Oak in the cave, and followed him to Bolderville, but after he entered the Trade building (thus after the guy offered me the egg), I went into the Trade Building, and notyhing happened. I roamed the town a bit, and, trying to leave to the south caused me to be stopped by that Youngster- whereas I could freely wander into the grass to the West of town. I encountered a Pokemon, having none of my own, and I fainted. Could this have been a problem on my part, or is there a slight problem with it?

• You MAY experience trouble when trying to enter the building where you recieve your starter. The music must be turned on in some cases to advance.

That's what DrFuji said.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

As NiKa said, that was reported once during testing but it was found that you were able to progress by turning on the sound.

If you are still having problems, please tell me D:

Okay, as one of the beta testers, and official persona of DrFuji's plaything youngster rival, I am here to tell you guys how COOL this hack is.

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has my first ever made OW in it
--It has B/W pokemon properly inserted
--It has a great storyline
--It has greatness

I have no further bugs to report, so I hope you continue to amaze us with Lilac. Great job so far :D

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well ;)

It is a good OW and a you're a cool youngster so I regret nothing

Thanks for all of your help, NiKa :D

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
This game is awesome! The scripts, maps, story, I wish you all the best with this hack. :)
I caught a shiny wurmple too, talk about luck...

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Ah, I'm playing your hack and I really like it, especially the text box and the mountain and grass tiles.
But I think you may improve the palette of Stilwal Town, that will be better. Other things are good, too.
Good luck!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The bag glitches up after looking at the town map I received from the sailor dude.

That was already in the list of bugs :P

This game is awesome! The scripts, maps, story, I wish you all the best with this hack. :)
I caught a shiny wurmple too, talk about luck...

Thanks for that :)

Congratulations on the shiny! If you were lucky enough, there was a specific place where you could have find another shiny.

Ah, I'm playing your hack and I really like it, especially the text box and the mountain and grass tiles.
But I think you may improve the palette of Stilwal Town, that will be better. Other things are good, too.
Good luck!

I'm glad that you're having fun :D

Any specific palette in Stilwal?

Last edited:
Back