• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXIII

isn't really here.
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
Is it possible to find a Lotad/Lombre in generation 5. If so, where?

Years
Can someone trade me a Pokemon say from Kanto when I've only gotten the 5th badge in Unova?
Yes. The only games in the history of Pokémon with trading restrictions were Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. None of the 4th or 5th-gen games have any such restrictions. They will show as having number ???.

I bought a copy of Pokémon Black a few days ago, and the game has been operating normally until now. At this point, every time I walk up to a PC in the game and select Amanita's PC and then select any option after that, the game displays a blank blue screen on the top screen and a black screen on the bottom screen with two lines of text: "An error has occurred." "Please turn off the power." The game is unresponsive at this point, and I have to turn off the power in order to start playing again.
The only things that I think may have caused this are a) I traded someone for an egg that hatched into a Deino and b) I received the liberty pass through the wi-fi connection. The error messages only started after these events, but these were both normal game events, so I don't know why they would cause this problem.
Does anyone know how I might stop these error messages? The game is still playable to a point, but it has limited playability if I'm not allowed to ever change which Pokémon are in my party again.
Something is very wrong with the cartridge, or with your DS. A trade, even of a hacked Pokémon, shouldn't be able to cause something like this.

Is it possible to find a Lotad/Lombre in generation 5. If so, where?
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/location/270.shtml
White Forest

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Need Trading Help

I want to trade pokemon from heart gold to white, I have a dsi and a ds lite. dont have wifi. And when i go in the wireless union room i cant see my other character. How do i do it?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I want to trade pokemon from heart gold to white, I have a dsi and a ds lite. dont have wifi. And when i go in the wireless union room i cant see my other character. How do i do it?

You can only trade Pokemon with another Pokemon black/ Pokemon White game. You can transfer your Pokemon from Heart Gold to Pokemon Black after completing the game using the PokeShifter, but not trade. Also, you can only see other people playing Pokemon Black/ pokemon White in the Union Room. Hope I helped.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
As one of those owners of BOTH Black and White...

I noticed this person in both versions of Opelucid City asking for a Pokemon that knows the move CHARGE.

Does this guy want a Pokemon from the OTHER version that knows Charge?
- Like if I am on Black, would I give him a White Charge (and vice versa)

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
Moves for Evolve Pokemon (stones)

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to pokemon (played through ruby/sapphire), and I am wondering if you use a stone to make a pokemon evolve (such as Munna), can they still learn the same moves that they would have learned in their previous state or are those moves lost forever?

I ask b/c I use bulbapedia for all my pokemon needs and when you look up a pokemon's evolved form that requires a stone it shows no moves that that pokemon can learn. So do you have to level them up until they learn every move you want THEN use a stone? Are the moves lost forever once you evolve them?

I didn't see the answer to this in FAQ's, so thanks for your help.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to pokemon (played through ruby/sapphire), and I am wondering if you use a stone to make a pokemon evolve (such as Munna), can they still learn the same moves that they would have learned in their previous state or are those moves lost forever?

I ask b/c I use bulbapedia for all my pokemon needs and when you look up a pokemon's evolved form that requires a stone it shows no moves that that pokemon can learn. So do you have to level them up until they learn every move you want THEN use a stone? Are the moves lost forever once you evolve them?

I didn't see the answer to this in FAQ's, so thanks for your help.

Most Pokemon that evolve using an Evolution Stone will have a different level up move list, or not have one at all.

You should probably hang on to your Munna (by giving it an Eviolite from Castelia & Defence Curl).
You can Double Grass Munna moves onto a Smeargle if you want a decent Musharna.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
Something is very wrong with the cartridge, or with your DS. A trade, even of a hacked Pokémon, shouldn't be able to cause something like this.

Thanks for your advice. The problem still persists even after I have cleaned the cartridge slot and the game's metal connectors. Also, I doubt there is anything wrong with the cartridge or DS because when I restart the game and don't save, the first time I am able to access the Pokémon storage system, the error message does not appear. The game and system are not hacked, and I believe the Pokémon I received in the trade is also legit.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
As one of those owners of BOTH Black and White...

I noticed this person in both versions of Opelucid City asking for a Pokemon that knows the move CHARGE.

Does this guy want a Pokemon from the OTHER version that knows Charge?
- Like if I am on Black, would I give him a White Charge (and vice versa)

Nope, this one stays the same through both versions.

Also, whats a White Charge, sounds so wrong.

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
Most Pokemon that evolve using an Evolution Stone will have a different level up move list, or not have one at all.

You should probably hang on to your Munna (by giving it an Eviolite from Castelia & Defence Curl).
You can Double Grass Munna moves onto a Smeargle if you want a decent Musharna.

What? Can you put that in English for me please? =(

Justin T

Hydro Action
Years
Defog doesn't seem to work in BW and I've changed the date, but nothing. How do you get rid of the fog?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Defog doesn't seem to work in BW and I've changed the date, but nothing. How do you get rid of the fog?

Weather changes by itself automatically~ And changing the date also never changes daily events in Pokemon. You have to actually wait till the next day. D; Bummer right?? ...Or forwarding your clock on your DS to 23:59 (11:59) and just waiting out that minute works just as well.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
Years
What? Can you put that in English for me please? =(

Alright he means you can bread certain Pokemon to learn moves that they cant normally learn, these are called Egg Moves. This is nothing to worry about though, not for a while in your Pokemon journey

To answer your questions, they will get a different move pool, but usually its just the same moves, just learned at higher levels. They also get new moves they can learn, and in some cases, they cannot learn a certain move after evolving. Such as Zorark, it cannot learn Fake Tears, but Zorura can.

I use a website called Serebii, it has teh move lists of pokemon, and they are easy to read. Not to make you use the site over bulbapdedia, I am just saying.

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
Years
dream world ability

You have to be connected to the pokemon global link to access the dream world and only pokemon from the dream world have the dream world ability.

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
Years
walkthrough help

I have 2 strategy guide books on b/w so if u need help on where to get items, pokemon help,
and here's a helpfull hint on breeding if u want a certain type of nature on a offspring have one of the parents hold an everstone.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
What does the dreamworld do I don't really understand it

You put a Pokemon to sleep on your game by connecting to Wifi.

You log onto the computer, and your Pokemon will be there.

You play minigames. Not sure if it'll be the same as the Japanese version, so I'll not go into details.

Based on how well you do in the game, you will get either male or female, and they'll probably have special moves.

You go to the Dream Tree (Or whatever they call it in English) and choose one of the Pokemon you played with from the list. That Pokemon will come back with you.

Go back to your DS, and wake your Pokemon up. It will have brought the Pokemon you chose over.

Profit!

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
This one has bugged me for a while. With Pokemon who evolve with stones, are they stronger if evolved earlier (assuming TMs for all moves you want), or is there no difference?

A hypothetical example. We have two Pokemon at level 1 with identical EVs/Nature/etc (perfectly identical). We evolve one immediately, and the other at level 40; both get the same EVs. At level 100, do they both have the same stats?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
This one has bugged me for a while. With Pokemon who evolve with stones, are they stronger if evolved earlier (assuming TMs for all moves you want), or is there no difference?

A hypothetical example. We have two Pokemon at level 1 with identical EVs/Nature/etc (perfectly identical). We evolve one immediately, and the other at level 40; both get the same EVs. At level 100, do they both have the same stats?

They are stronger when they evolve but they don't learn all of their moves so I wouldn't evolve them until about level 50 and I highly doubt that they would have the same stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back