• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samael 63645

Breeder
Years
Quick breeding question

I'm trying to breed a good Pichu. I have a female Pikachu with speed "cannot be better" and a male Emolga with defense "cannot be better". I have a power anklet on the Pikachu and a power belt on the Emolga, but every Pichu I get only has defense "cannot be better" and he doesn't mention their speed. Why is that?

Also, I am aware Sp Atk is more important than defense for a Pichu, I don't have that item yet.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm trying to breed a good Pichu. I have a female Pikachu with speed "cannot be better" and a male Emolga with defense "cannot be better". I have a power anklet on the Pikachu and a power belt on the Emolga, but every Pichu I get only has defense "cannot be better" and he doesn't mention their speed. Why is that?

Also, I am aware Sp Atk is more important than defense for a Pichu, I don't have that item yet.

If both of your parents are holding 2 different Power items, then only 1 of those chosen IVs corresponding to the Power item will be passed down (chosen at random). You might as well have to take away the Power Belt away from Emolga and try to get enough BP for the Power Lens.

If you still don't get what I'm talking about, read this.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I was thinking about getting an action replay. Can someone who owns an action replay that works with the 3DS give a link to find one.

When I looked for an Action Replay there were so many kinds, and some don't come with the cd, and some reviews say it slides out of their 3DS.

Does anybody use their Action Replay on 3DS?

Last edited:

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Hey guys =]

I'm trying to find a particular action replay code for my Pokemon Black (UK version), but I'm not having any luck. Would any of you happen to know the code to check a Pokemon's IVs and EVs? I've tried a few codes and none have worked so far. D: thank you!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
what's a good all around level to evolve my Munna it's at 12 right now
It depends on what attacks you want it to have, the only attack which would probably be viable to use in-game would be psychic, but there is a TM of that (TM29) which you get post-game. So check for the attacks you want it to have which don't have TMs for them, and then evolve it as soon as possible. You can check all the attacks here btw >> click.

Years
What to do after beating the main game?

Hey guys,
First of all sorry if this question has already been asked, it probably has.

But yeah, I completed Pokemon White for the first time earlier, by complete I mean beat the Elite Four and 'N', I now have the National Dex so yeah my question it What is there to do after you have beaten the Elite 4? Is there anything else to do or what? I have noticed that I can now go in the last 1/4 of the region, but having trouble going there as trainers Pokemon are like all 60+ whereas my team isn't up to those standards...
So if someone could give me a list of things to do that would be great as Google didn't actually give many responses surprisingly.
Im also going to start Wi-Fi battling so im going to EV Train some Pokemon :)

Years
Hey guys,
First of all sorry if this question has already been asked, it probably has.

But yeah, I completed Pokemon White for the first time earlier, by complete I mean beat the Elite Four and 'N', I now have the National Dex so yeah my question it What is there to do after you have beaten the Elite 4? Is there anything else to do or what? I have noticed that I can now go in the last 1/4 of the region, but having trouble going there as trainers Pokemon are like all 60+ whereas my team isn't up to those standards...
So if someone could give me a list of things to do that would be great as Google didn't actually give many responses surprisingly.
Im also going to start Wi-Fi battling so im going to EV Train some Pokemon :)
After you beat the Champion, then all you could do now is train, I guess. ^_^'
Have you gone to White Forest yet?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Venipede is it worth catching yes or no?

Venipede is an okay Pokemon. I've trained one all the way up to Scolipede in Black, and here are my experiences:
-it starts out with weak attacks, but Screech and the poison chance from Poison Sting might make up for that.
-as it levels up, it gets better STAB moves before it evolves (Poison Tail at level 19, and Bug Bite at level 22, right before it evolves)
-when Venipede evolves into Whirlipede, its Defense increases significantly, but its Speed suffers. Its Attack does go up a tad, though. It doesn't get any noteworthy moves by level-up before it evolves into Scolipede at level 30 other than Iron Defense.
-when Whirlipede does evolve into Scolipede, its Attack goes up by a reasonable amount, and its Speed skyrockets, at the small price of both defenses going down. It also learns Megahorn, a powerful Bug attack, as a Heart Scale move. Unlike its fellow Bug/Poison Pokemon, Scolipede learns Earthquake and Rock Slide to counter Fire Pokemon (EQ is also used for Rocks and Steels); however, the EQ TM can only be obtained post-National Dex in the Relic Castle and the Rock Slide TM can be found in Mistralton Cave (EQ's slot can be filled in by Dig or Bulldoze).

Edit: Accelgor'd

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
I encountered a level 15 shiny Sewaddle was this a good catch. btw this will be only the second pokemon game I've ever owned

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2012
Pokemon Dream World Game Sync Problems?

I'm trying to put a pokemon to sleep in Dream world, but it says it has to wait a day to charge. The last time I used dream world was two weeks ago. Can someone help me?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
i got told the same thing and i haven't gotten on the dream world in 3months i think.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm trying to put a pokemon to sleep in Dream world, but it says it has to wait a day to charge. The last time I used dream world was two weeks ago. Can someone help me?
Q&F is just for questions about the forums themselves. I've moved your post into the Quick Questions thread in BW so hopefully someone here can help you.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Have you changed the time on your DS recently, that's the normal cause. Try connecting to the GTS and then waiting a day, that normally works for me.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
What is a good level to evolve my Pansear it's at 19 right now and I"m considering evolving it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back