• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?
My faves would be the Weather trio of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, and my fave among them is Kyogre because it's blue.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Moltres and Latias
Answer a Topic:

Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?

I really like the three original birds- Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. I've always been fond of birds in general and fantasy. While all legendaries generally have that mystical and out of the ordinary look to them, I've always taken a liking to these three over other trios. I love birds in general or anything that has wings and can fly. I've always liked their designs and I remember owning Pokemon 2000, where I first saw these three birds.

I guess after watching that movie all those years ago, I grew really fond of them. I remember telling everyone that I'd own a Moltres one day and we would be friends until the end of time. Was quite sappy but I really loved Moltres in particular since it reminded me of Fawkes from the Harry Potter books. But I always found them as a badass trio after watching them send thunderbolts, ice beams and flamethrowers as they escaped.

My favourite would have to be Moltres just because it reminds me of the phoenix- a creature that can be reborn out of ashes- I find that really cool personally.

Nakala Pri

Two Legendary Pokémon Partners: Keldeo and Jirachi! :3
Answer a Topic: If you could remove one legendary Pokémon from the Pokédex, which would you remove and why?

I would remove Genesect. It is ugly and freaky. It is a bug-like robot, ew! It is also pretty weak from what I hear. So I would soooo remove Genesect! :P

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Username: TrainerMusaddiq
2 Legendary Pokemon Partners: Dark Rai And Palkia

Answer A Topic : My Fave Pokemon Is Dark Rai And Its Look Like Gost
Palkia: Palkia Becpuse His Power Full Moves

Years

My fave has always been the Tao Trio of 5th Generation, aka Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. I love the whole concept and origin behind these three, and they have pretty interesting type combinations. They will forever remain among my fave Legendary Pokemon. Zekrom's my fave of the three though.

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
Years
Username: PandaBoy
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Lugia and Celebi (I dont find Celebi in your list but cant I get it anyways?)
Answer a Topic: My favorite trio is the legendary beasts. Because they have touched my so much. And my favorite in the trio is Entei. He has touched me most :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Username:-Ahsan-
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners:Giratina and Mew
Answer a Topic:
▪ Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?

Uxie,Azelf and Mesprit I like them they awesome :)
Mesprit is my favourite.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hi everyone, welcome to the legendary club!

On the Battle Server today, I had a randombattle with a couple of people. I had a Moltres and Regirock on my team. :D I really enjoyed using Moltres's Roost+Substitute and Regirock's Rest+Chesto berry strategies. Pretty dorky, I know. I just never really used them in battle until today... New topic?

Has any legendary Pokemon impressed you or disappointed you once you saw/used it? If so, in what way?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Has any legendary Pokemon impressed you or disappointed you once you saw/used it? If so, in what way?

Hmm, I've not really been one to actually use legendaries that much, so it hasn't left much room to be surprised by how good a legendary actually is, since I've mainly just used the ones I knew were good, but I can think of two examples of this. First one was with Lugia, which I believed I mentioned in my sign-up post. Basically, the legendaries of the second generation took years for me to actually get, since I couldn't find Lugia, which was the title legendary of my game, all the legendary beasts would be random encounters, and I had really bad luck with finding those, and I could never figure out how to get past the Snorlax blocking Diglett Cave, and every time someone helped me get past it, I always restarted the game before I could get the Rainbow Wing. 5 year old me everybody! But yeah, first time I ever even saw Lugia, was when my brother was battling one of his friends who had a Lugia, and it totally wrecked his team. I remember he even traded all of the legendaries over from our Blue version, and he still managed to get his butt whooped :p But yeah, I was really surprised with how strong Lugia was, and really wanted it for myself, but unfortunately I didn't really have the patience to check through all of Whirl Isles, and thus it took quite some time before I found. But I eventually did, and it truly lived up to my expectations, except my brother had begun his quest in catching 'em all and leveling them all up to 100 at that point (he got extremely far, then lost his save file due to the battery running out :(), so I had no chance of beating him ;D But yeah, that was the first one that genuinely surprised me, simply because of how it wrecked my brother's team, which I was sure was the best :O

Second one would be all of the legendary birds in my playthrough of Leaf Green, especially Moltres. Basically, aside from Articuno, I didn't really used the birds that much in the first generation games, because they weren't really that strong, and specifically Moltres, because the moves it learned were terrible. I believe the only Fire type move it had when you caught it was Fire Spin, and that did nothing to help me in the E4, so I guess you could say I was really disappointed with that one >:[ But yeah, its moveset was improved a notch, and I actually used it in Leaf Green. Zapdos was pretty surprising as well, just because of how strong it was. I can't remember of it was the same way in the first generation games, but I definitely wasn't prepared for how much damage its Drill Peck would do.

I haven't really played any of the other generation games quite as much, since I was quick to lose my Ruby, and never owned a fourth generation or fifth generation game for myself, aside from Black 2, which had nothing to really surprise me in any way :p

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
uhm, i don't use legendaries much. I just use them when i'm bored. I dont like to use them actually because of the fact they are really strong and the sense of challenge will fade. I only store them in the PC once i've catch them. So basically, I did not have much experience using legendaries.

One of the legendaries that I was impressed of is Deoxys. I believe I already said this once in this club, and now i'll say it again. This fellow really is a good one. I just used him once though. Just dealing with the elites. But as for what my experience tells e, this guy is a good one. He can 1hKO the elites' Pokemon when he is on his attack forme. Didn't have the chance to try other formes though. But still, i say i'm really very impressed with this guy.

The second one, i would say, is Rayquaza. This guy definitely owned the hoenn elites and champ. I was too young back then, and i relied on him very much. he is mainly the reason why i got into the battle frontier. He wiped them all without any help from my other Pokemon.

As fr disappointing legend, nope. i dont have one. i say they are all good.

TwilightBlade

Years
5 year old Olli. :3 I was no better since I couldn't find Surf in Blue! Moltres was very underwhelming in the first few generations, but yeah, I was surprised to see it handling its own in battle once it obtained Roost. While Deoxys and Rayquaza haven't changed much through the generations, they've always been powerhouses, in my eyes.

Lugia was one of my strongest Pokemon in Gen II. Aeroblast really turned around a match. Here's some Lugia fanart. :)

tumblr_mq2050SGbH1s2i16to1_1280.jpg

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Username: Jake♫
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Raikou and Jirachi
Answer a Topic: Which is your favourite trio and why? And if you can choose between them, which one of the three Pokemon in that trio is your favourite?

The Legendary Beasts are easily my favorite. I think they were pretty much one of the only trios (outside of the Pixies) that played any sort of role in the storyline, which I find important with legendaries. If you're legendary...why? I feel like Entei, Raikou, and Suicune had a very important role in GSC's story, whereas stuff like the legendary birds, the Regis, and the Kamis didn't really do much.

As far as which one is my favorite, that goes down to Raikou. He's always been one of my favorite Pokémon to use with its blazing Speed and Special Attack. Entei has always been lackluster to me. Suicune is definitely a close second though!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
5 year old Olli. :3 I was no better since I couldn't find Surf in Blue! Moltres was very underwhelming in the first few generations, but yeah, I was surprised to see it handling its own in battle once it obtained Roost. While Deoxys and Rayquaza haven't changed much through the generations, they've always been powerhouses, in my eyes.
not like I could find Surf either >_> I guess there's been room for improvement for Moltres, and I would've been surprised if they hadn't done anything to improve it. I mean, Peck and Fire Burn as its only moves at 50? smh. But I reckon Roost would help a bit against the Rock type weaknesses :p But yeah, I don't expect it to have become much more.

Lugia was one of my strongest Pokemon in Gen II. Aeroblast really turned around a match. Here's some Lugia fanart. :)

tumblr_mq2050SGbH1s2i16to1_1280.jpg
dat Lugia <333333 I believe I made a post a bit back in a topic where we were talking about signature moves, and I got Aeroblast mixed up Aurora Beam xD But yeah, I've always really loved Aeroblast, mainly for its animation in the second generation games. I don't reckon it was much different than Hyper Beam, but the sound the move made.. that was how I knew it was a powerful move the first time I saw it, and it's just a sound that's been glued to my brain, even though it's been years since I last heard it. Probably because I spammed it like there was no tomorrow :p But Aeroblast was definitely one of the things I loved about Lugia, and one of the moves I never replaced.

Years

Spoiler:

Lugia was absolutely insane in generation 2 and is even more of a beast now. I remember how much trouble I had taking my friend's down in Stadium 2... oh the horror. :(

That picture is amazing!

TwilightBlade

Years
@Jake: Welcome! My thoughts exactly about the legendary trio and Raikou/Suicune being very cool Pokemon.

Discussion seems to be quiet, so why don't we introduce some faceoffs? I'll enter each of the 48 legendary Pokemon in a randomized tournament bracket, and you vote for your favorite one based on design, moveset, origin, etc between the two pitted against each other per bracket. I'll start off by doing 4 brackets a week, so get your votes in by the 16th!

Bracket #1: Kyurem vs. Keldeo
646.png
647.png

Bracket #2: Giratina vs. Rayquaza
487.png
384.png

Bracket #3: Latios vs. Jirachi
381.png
385.png

Bracket #4: Mew vs. Tornadus
151.png
641.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Love the new event; let's get it started! :D

646.png
647.png
647.png
Keldeo all the way! I don't particularly like either of the two, but Kyurem is just... horrific, haha. It has a horrid design, an unintesting back-story, and it's generally not a Pokémon I can ever see myself liking. Keldeo is kind of cute and his form change is awesome, so he gets my vote here. (What a match-up, it's the movie all over again <3)

487.png
384.png
384.png
This one's a bit tougher, but I'm going with Rayquaza! Giratina's an awesome Pokémon and I adore his unusual typing combined with his surprising strength, but Rayquaza is just pure epicness. He's a massive dragon towering over everything, the king of the sky, never taking 'no' for an answer and never afraid to show off his power. And come on, how could something that lives in a sky tower not be incredibly cool? He gets my vote for sure.

381.png
385.png
381.png
Latios. 150%. I cannot begin to describe how much I dislike Jirachi so Latios goes through by default here; Jirachi is my least favourite legendary by a mile due to its awful design (fake tears imprinted in the skin, seriously?) and its god awfully annoying battle style. I like Latios to a degree (though prefer his counterpart) and it's a nice Pokémon all-around, but Jirachi will never get my vote as a favourite haha.

151.png
641.png
151.png
Mew's too cute not to vote for here! I admire Tornadus but he'll always be overshadowed by Thundurus in my books, whereas Mew is a completely original Pokémon and a cute one to boot. I admire Mew's huge diversity and his ability to support a competitive team is much appreciated, whereas Tornadus is... Tornadus - he doesn't have anything exciting about him to note and he's outclassed by his comrades, so Mew's getting my vote.

Can't wait to see who comes out on top this week!

I Vote To Bracket #2: Giratina vs. Rayquaza Because This Two Are Very Powerfull Pokemon It's Been A Awesome Faceoff
Whilst I agree it's an awesome match-up, you're supposed to vote for your favourite Pokémon from each of the brackets so we can find out which is the overall favourite legendary of the club. :)

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Coooool event. gotta start voting. XD
646.png
647.png

Mmmm...kay... i really don't quite like any of them, but i'd choose Kyurem. Kyurem's design looks kinda cool, and i think Keldeo's is kinda funny. I really dont like any of the two's 'formes'. (kyurem's black/white and keldeo's resolute) It kinda didn't get my awesomeness meter...AND Kyurem's back story is mysterious, while keldeo's is like "yeah, sword of justice".

487.png
384.png

OOOOO--kay... This is hard since I really like the two of them, but I'll choose Rayquaza. I like his design more because he resemble a 'snakey dragon', while giratina...uhm yeah...he looks like a centipede. :P Though the reverse world thing is kinda cool, but stopping 2 raging legends? aww yeah! that's awesome yow. A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

381.png
385.png

Ummm... Latios. They're kinda tied up if we talk about design, so i based my vote in the movies. Latios, all i can say is AWESOME! Jirachi in the movie is kinda like "meh". They're very far apart...and I like very dramatic pokemon movies. :)

151.png
641.png

MEW! No more explaining needed...and that, i rest my case. Thank You! XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Only two votes have been cast so far? Come on guys, we need to support Mew or it might get beaten by that ugly genie-thing! And if Jirachi wins I shall not be happy. Technically the deadline for voting has passed now but I'm sure Blade will let a few more votes in before it closes for good, so get voting now if you don't want to see the best legendaries get knocked out! You'll get rewards down the line too.

Can't wait for the next round though; looking at the Challonge page I can see a couple of interesting match-ups happening for sure.

TwilightBlade

Years
Mmm yeah get some more votes in, cuties! I'm sorry I haven't been around to update nor advertise this more. :( I'll extend it until we get 5 votes, okies?

@TrainerMusaddiq: You need to vote like AlexOzzyCake and kosuke have.

My votes are:
#1: Keldeo! Although I initially preferred Kyurem's typing and origin, Keldeo had some awesome development in the movie. He's cute and packs a punch when he changes forms, mhm.
#2: Rayquaza... Very hard to decide since I like both of these benemoths, especially Giratina's shiny form. I must not have liked Giratina that much if I today have a shiny Rayquaza and not a shiny Giratina still, hmph!
#3: Jirachi... I love Latias, but Latios doesn't appeal to me that much. He had such a girlish cry in the movie (dub's fault). but I can't erase that from my mind. Also, Jirachi is so interesting and elusive to use in battle, with flinchhax and all.
#4: Mew. Very adorable and versatile Pokemon. Tornadus is rather bland to me, despite being the only pure Flying type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back