• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
COME ONE! COME ALL! VISIT MY SPRITE THREAD PAGE!

Since you're mouse is hovering, you might as well come in! Come on, you know you want to!

(That was all there just to attract people in when they hover over my thread name ^_^)

So, I have been on a long leave of absence. I have nearly obtained my Associates in Science and I will soon be pursuing an internship with the amazing Wildlife Center that I have been volunteering at the past year. I am nearly complete with my journey to the beginning of my new career. Still, I have a deep profound love of Spriting! I wish to share it with you guys! ^^ Just please remember to be aware of the dates when responding to stuff, as this thread is one of the oldest in the entire Pixel Art section of PokeCommunity! I just want to say thanks, and I'm excited to be back!
Something new, i put everything in spoilers by categories so it's easier to look through (I'm a total organization freak!). If i post anything new, there will be a under the heading. I'll also highlight or color the font of the new items internally. Hope it makes it easier! Enjoy!

Another note, always check my last post... i sometimes don't update this one right away... my last post, more often than not, has updated content...

2008-2010
Spoiler:

REMEMBER: DON'T STEAL! I will hunt you down and make you regret it... alright, I might not hunt you down, but i will still make you regret it...ok I probably wont do anything to drastic either...but really, my hard work is for viewing, not taking and recoloring and calling your own! Please respect my request!

Thankyou imagehost.org for amazing image hosting! Thankyou iaza.com for great tools for animations!

= GPR = is a trademark of GP ArtsÓ. gp_arts39 is a trademark of GP ArtsÓ . All likenesses of Lance LayerÓ , Lance's Story BrandÓ , and Thinganasia are trademarks of GP ArtsÓ . GP Motors is a trademark of GP ArtsÓ . Cody Cockatiel is a trademark of GP ArtsÓ . All images are used under permission by creator, or used as directed. Images created by GP ArtsÓ are copy right and protected. Illegal or unauthorized use can result in penalty of law. Poké mon Carbon, Team Carbon, and all likenesses are used under permission of Floating Monkey Pirate (FMP/<~Flood~>). GP ArtsÓ is in no way affiliated or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., or Wizards of the Coast. GP ArtsÓ is not endorsed by Barack Obama or the Democratic Party of the United States of America. GP ArtsÓ is in no way affiliated or endorsed by NASCARÓ , SprintÓ , or any other trademarks of NASCARÓ . Likenesses used as general public viewing. No permissions has been granted. Image hosting has been given through imagehost.org and animation production has been created through iaza.com. Also, thankyou to jayski.com for NASCAR information. Thankyou to pokecommunity.com for forum display threads. Thankyou to deviantart.com for forum display threads.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
lol. an egg with a popping vein. i presume mankey? XD' *cba to work it all out T_T* thats genius... <3
i especially like the detail that went into tangelas. very sleek.
sandshrew egg<3 omg yey. the simplicity in growlith and poliwaghs are ncie because they also have some nifty deatils that make them obvious as to what poekmon they belong to<3!
drowzee is another good one... as is staryus.
um. eggzecute XD' doesnt that defeat the object? XD FAAACE. why not give the voltorb one a face? or whatever. (wow this sint making much sense :s i hope you understand)
althoguht i DO liek teh eggs,,, the shading irks me. they dont look egg shaped to me. i knwo the defualt one (if you like) is shaded that way... but... its disgusting. tbh. well. my opinion XD' *dont think ive ever said anythign THAT opinionated before....*

Cx omg. mildos. needs. a. mouth. but yeah. its quite a nice fusion. you can tell you worked hard on that one. i know you wnated a 'scaly' lok.. but i think theres a tad too much dithering... that or its too uniform. id try to break it up or reduce it a bit... otehr than that, top work x3 <3!

and um. the trainer sprite, of course... (ahh RP charas.... *had one for three years whos still alive today<3<3<3*) its an awesome guitar :D! did you scratch that? *pretty sure you said it was custom.. but yeah... just to make sure* a little niggle is how deatiled the guitar is... and how light it is... compared ot the rest of the sprite... i think you either need to add more blakc to the guitar and deepen the colours or brighten the colours on the guy and make his outline lighter.
and he needs another arm to play guitar, right? it looks off-balamse w/o two arms. even if you say ones hidden. *reccomends splicing off another trainer sprite if you can/want*

the hair IS very cool. buuut the hairline? not so much. its far too square. hairlines nip in at the edges. go see for yourself. down by your temples? seeee? your sprites is a box XD''' um make it more rounded if you can. :3
good luck~ very nice stuff so far, hope to see more from you~ :3 (oh and i understand if you dont edit anythign after what i said, but it can be atleast for future reference, ne?)
laters, Maz~
(by the by, working your 'buns' off make me lol.... XD'''''')

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
well done there on the trainer sprite. your color choice is very good, but you need to work on preserving the palette with brighter colors and more importantly, your outlining. get used to those two, especially anti-aliasing, and you'll be making some real nice stuff.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Dang! Now those are really good. The stories behind them are also very well written out! My favorites are The ponyta one and it's story, and the Luvfin And it's story! I wanna see more!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks! Didja see the new gyarados? Scary huh? Anyhow i'm working for a bahoodle of stuff for carbon that i cant show ya guys... sorry! Dont worry though, when we finalize the game, and release it, you can all say ya watched the development of some of the pokemon in the game... very cool if ya ask me. I'll put up new stuff when i can... till then...

KEEP SPRITING!!!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
doodled_gyarados.png

Today is September 11th, 2008. On this day, seven years ago, our country was put in distraught by the actions of terrorism. We will never forget that day, nor ever want to relive it. Many want to erase it, go back in time and stop it from happening. Nevertheless, 9/11 is a day that must live on. Although the Wolrd Trade Center Towers fell, are unity as a country rose, heros were embalmed, and remembered, the world took a change... for the better. Seven years later, we stand on free soil, taking for granted the liberties and freedoms that others have worked so hard for us to have. If there was ever a time to bow your head in humility and humbleness, to honor the heros alive and fallen, today is that time. Today is that day. We, as a nation, will continue to persevere, as we have been doing, and know that we are the luckiest people in the world.

Thankyou, and GOD BLESS THE USA!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
All the eggs are custom done by me. I did not "get" the eggs from anywhere. I do use the fr/lg color palletes of the pokemon on the eggs though. But thanks for the feed back anyhow.

Oh, something new if yall didnt notice, my AWESOME 4 frame animation! It took me like four hours to make it! I LOVE IT!!! So perdy! I got another one i made as well. I'll put it up when i feel like it... i like the gyarados one better for now!

OK! I finished redoing everything! Notice! FMP did not double post! I just deleted my posts that were in between! Also, this thread is not revived in anyway. Angain, many of my posts were deleted and combined into one big one. Sorry for any inconviences.

-gp_arts39

Keep Spriting!

Years
Luvfin.png

I like Luvfin. It looks really nice, with the facial expresson, and is better than Luvdisc anyday.

Orelec.png

Oreod.png

Awesome. Nuff' said.

Slowqueen.png

The head thing looks a little akward, I guess because of the black inside it.
Pegaflame.png

I like it. The wings really fit. I think they're from Moltres, right?

I say, they look pretty good overall. :D

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
yep they're moltres wings, and the head is custom redone, it was goofy looking the way it was.

As for slowqueen, that's a clamperl shell around it's head. It does look a bit screwy though...

Thanks for the tips and feed back! I APPRECIATE IT GREATLY!!!

Remember everyone! Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Humsaw is without a doubt the hardest one to shade. It is definetely the most inconsistant shading i have done with my carbon sprites. I is just in general a really hard pokemon to sprite, considering the beak and all.

If you think you can do it better, pm me your attempt... sprite away!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks to all who have helped me reach part one of my goal to reach 1000 views! Also thanks for all who have replied! Your replies are valuable and are detramental (sp) to my skill, and the survival of this thread! Thanks everyone, keep responding, and Keep Spriting!

Back