• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I was told from a friend that if the guy talks to you last (after the show), then you've won. so is that not true then?
I'm not sure, it might be true because I read that as well, but you can be a 100% sure if your Pokémon is jumping in the picture, that's what I would rely on.

I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but

OK so my White Forest has no people in it at all. It's kind of boring. I know in order to get people there, I need to do entralink with someone using black, but the problem is I don't know anyone with black. So... I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do.

The other question I have is I DO have a copy of black, but I have not played it and I do not plan to until I get bored of White. If I don't wanna get screwed over like I did in white, how do I make sure that I get people there? Does it go by how many hours you have played the game until you get to Black City, or does it go by the date you started the journey? Either way, I like to take my time when playing Pokemon so I'm afraid I won't get there fast enough and be stuck with a dead Black City.
Also, this is not related to the date or how much time you've spent in the game (thank god lol otherwise I'd never get it). It's the same with White Forest, only the other way around. To get people in your Black City, you need to visit someone elses White Forest and talk to the people there. Some of them will decide to migrate to your Black City. It's true however that in the beginning, there are already people in your Black City/White Forest, but they will move away since you can't come there yet, so that part is related to how much time you spent. Also, when you've got people in your Black City/White Forest, this means that if you don't visit it enough, they will move away again.

Last edited by a moderator:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Question involving dreamworld

I'm sort of in a situation where I don't know what to do. You see I've recently been trying the dram world just so I can get some nice abilities on pokemon whiledodging doing any of that corny little kid decoration, farming and sharing stuff. In particular I want one of the dragonite evolution line because its new ability actualy is realy nice.

Problem is I go the the dream island place (which only lets me in once a day =/) and it's just not showing up. how do I get the pokemon I want to show up? I only find about 2 or 3 every run and frequently they aren't extrordinaraly good.

Is there something I can do to get better finds? any tips?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To get to the best Pokemon in the Dream World, you need Dream Points. To get the points, you have to play with Pokemon and farm berries (which aren't useless if you get the good ones, those are EV reducing berries and the only way you can get them). As you can see here, you need 10,000 points to get a Dratini, which means you'll probably want to make friends, plant berries, etc to up the Dream Points you get every time. If you do everything possible you can get around 500 points every day, so that's 20 days of spending the entire hour doing everything to get to a Dratini.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Does anyone know how much time is allotted to beat the given number of trainers on one trip on the Royal Isshu? Also, time spent in battles doesn't run down my timer (before when the ship returns to Hiun City and I have to leave the ship), does it?
Can anyone please help me with this?

archeops14

The First Bird
Years
So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can anyone please help me with this?

It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.

So I've got a Thundurus and Tornadus, both of them are traded and the Thundurus in my game is still roaming. I like to do everything in a more simple way, so is it alright if I just kill the roaming Thundurus so that I can get to Landorus?

I thiiink that one of them has to be from your game, but someone else should confirm this.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
does Pokemon's health and/or level affect the Pokemon's performance at Pokemon musical?
Nope, not at all. I believe that even if the Pokémon is fainted, it doesn't matter.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years

It's five whistle blasts, I can't tell you how long it is between whistle blasts though. And no, battles don't run down the timer.
Thanks!

What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.

Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also, I'm not understanding how "Physical" and "Special" types of moves affect a Pokemon's move power. What I mean is, I always thought Psychic moves, for example, were always only based on the user's Special Attack stat, and that Attack had no relation to those moves. However, if it's a Physical move, wouldn't that mean it'd apply to the Attack stat instead of to the Special Attack stat even though the type of move is Psychic? I found out not long ago how Dragon moves depend on whether it's Physical or Special, but now I'm wondering if all moves are that way.

Only going to reply to the second part, sorry.

Well, prior to generation 4, all psychic attacks were special, but not it relies specifically on the attack itself. So if you were to use Zen Headbutt, a physical psychic attack, the power would come from its attack stat, rather than its special attack stat, while if you used Psyshock, while it is special in nature, it actually uses the opponent's defense stat to determine the power, which is an advantage if they're fighting a special attacker, which usually invests in special defense and therefore an attack attacking their defense would be stronger, if that makes sense. In other words, yes it based upon the attack entirely and not the type.

Years
Healer ability has a 30% to work.
Any other abilities with a 30% success (other than Serene Grace) so I can know how lame Healer is, versus thinking it lame?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Thanks!

What's the difference between Assurance (ダメおし) and Payback (しっぺがえし)? Looking at Bulbapedia, it seems they both involve doubling the damage if the user is hit in the same turn. I was thinking about using this move, but first I need to know I can make use of its doubling power effect regularly.

I'll answer the first bit then.

Assurance will do double damage if the target of the move has already been damaged that turn. This commonly happens in double battles, where your other Pokemon may hit the opponents and then you use Assurance on the same Pokemon to get the boost. Payback does double damage if you attack after the opponent.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
For those who got a Pokerus

Hey, I just wanted to ask those people who knows about the Pokerus.
In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking :nervous:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
In Black and White, is there a hint to know whether a Pokemon has one in the Wild? For example, can the music turn into the rare wild Pokemon battle instead of normal. Just asking :nervous:

Nope. You'll just have to hope!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Unfortunately, there's no way on knowing if a wild Pokemon has Pokerus or not during battle. The only way to determine if it has Pokerus is to catch the Pokemon or defeat it in battle.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Unfortunately, there's no way on knowing if a wild Pokemon has Pokerus or not during battle. The only way to determine if it has Pokerus is to catch the Pokemon or defeat it in battle.

I just ran into a normal Pokemon into a normal grass, and the music...changed to the rare pokemon battle...weird...that Pokemons was normal, and the second time I found him in the same place, the music turned normal X_X
Is it normal?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I just ran into a normal Pokemon into a normal grass, and the music...changed to the rare pokemon battle...weird...that Pokemons was normal, and the second time I found him in the same place, the music turned normal X_X
Is it normal?

The only thing I can think of is that you either saw it in shaking grass, misheard the music, or it was shiny, but I'm not sure the music for those because my music is always muted.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

The only thing I can think of is that you either saw it in shaking grass, misheard the music, or it was shiny, but I'm not sure the music for those because my music is always muted.

lol, this what I am certain of:

-It was @ Route 16
-Walking on the Normal Grass Patches (Not Dark)
-The Pokemon was a random Gothita or whatever you call it.
-IT WAS NOT SHINY, I was battling that thing so believe me, I know a SHINY when I see one.

-I swear by the only Arceus that the Music was different, I was shocked myself.

All I can say is that it was some sort of Glitch/Bug...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
lol, this what I am certain of:

-It was @ Route 16
-Walking on the Normal Grass Patches (Not Dark)
-The Pokemon was a random Gothita or whatever you call it.
-IT WAS NOT SHINY, I was battling that thing so believe me, I know a SHINY when I see one.

-I swear by the only Arceus that the Music was different, I was shocked myself.

All I can say is that it was some sort of Glitch/Bug...
How was the music different? Did some parts of the music fade in and out at times? Because if it does, that's what happens to me sometimes.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
How was the music different? Did some parts of the music fade in and out at times? Because if it does, that's what happens to me sometimes.

You do know that there are 2 soundtracks when Battling wild Pokemons. The first one is the normal one you hear every time. And the second one is some sort of remix and it appears only when RARE wild Pokemons appear. Pokemons such as Audion for example. For a normal Pokemon, I got the 2nd RARE wild Pokemon Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back