• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Mew + Mewtwo Fusion is a great idea. Although, it would almost be like fusing with itself. Since Black-Kyurem needs the DNA-Splicers to change, they have to include that item in future games. They might as well add new pokemon to use it.

Mewtwo is so powerful it would make sense for this new one to be less powerful. If Mew and Mewtwo were fused, Mewthree could have the Mew Ability of learning EVERY ATTACK IN THE GAME with the reasonable down side of not being as powerful. A base stat total between 600 and 680.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
'Mewthree' looks like Mewtwo fused with Kid Buu from Dragonball Z.

Eh, interested to see what'll it turn out like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I've seen all sorts of names for this "Mewthree". What might GF use, based on what he know (unpredictability) of them?

Cyclone

Mewthree seems most likely. There's a lot of different things, but Mewthree or MewZ could be the only kind of options that I'd see them taking. Also alternatively, MewX, and MewY, based on the version you're playing!!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Mew + Mewtwo Fusion is a great idea.
I personally think that would be a terrible idea. D:

Mewthree seems most likely. There's a lot of different things, but Mewthree or MewZ could be the only kind of options that I'd see them taking. Also alternatively, MewX, and MewY, based on the version you're playing!!
Unless there's a significant difference between MewX and MewY a la Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I don't really seem them using a different name for the same Pokémon. I think Mewthree would be the likely option, but it's also the most obvious. I do like MewZ though, especially when you say it fast. Mewzeeeee

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Only thing I have to say is, Giovanni WAS after the Masterball. He wanted the company to make more for his plans to steal all the Pokemon and rule the world through force. That's not really a what if scenario, he was trying to steal the Masterball until you stop him.

Whether it was for Mewtwo can be speculated, but he was after it cause it was the ultimate Pokeball.

Yeah, I didn't really read what was going on in there :P I was seven or something, and when FRLG came along I just cruised through the text. If that's the case, then I'll continue to believe that what happened in the anime happened discretely in-game, too. I'd love if Gen VI would confirm or abolish any of these ideas and just tell us what the beans happened with that whole experiment.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
I personally think that would be a terrible idea. D:

Unless there's a significant difference between MewX and MewY a la Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I don't really seem them using a different name for the same Pokémon. I think Mewthree would be the likely option, but it's also the most obvious. I do like MewZ though, especially when you say it fast. Mewzeeeee

Many people thinks its a terrble idea but most would support it with a statement.

Personally I think its a good idea, assuming it a de-evolution, as it means there will be new evolutions of the pokemon in the game. Although it is most likely that it just another pokemon or an evoltion.

Forever's idea of two types of mewthree is quite far fetched. Sure enough in the last two games you would have to trade to get the complete collection but X and Y already have a unique legendary each and assuming mewthree will be a legendary, it would seem a bit much to make another set of unique legendaries.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Forever's idea of two types of mewthree is quite far fetched. Sure enough in the last two games you would have to trade to get the complete collection but X and Y already have a unique legendary each and assuming mewthree will be a legendary, it would seem a bit much to make another set of unique legendaries.
That's why we have Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion, Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem, and even Victini/Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect. 13 unique legendaries in Gen. IV. And you think 4 is Farfetch'd? (Pun intended.) Tornadus/Thundurus were game-specific, and Zekrom/Reshiram were game-specific. Having two Mewtwo Formes (or new entirely) in opposite games would match Generation V. If entirely new, they are your roamers. If Formes, we'll wait and see.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
That's why we have Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion, Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus, Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem, and even Victini/Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect. 13 unique legendaries in Gen. IV. And you think 4 is Farfetch'd? (Pun intended.) Tornadus/Thundurus were game-specific, and Zekrom/Reshiram were game-specific. Having two Mewtwo Formes (or new entirely) in opposite games would match Generation V. If entirely new, they are your roamers. If Formes, we'll wait and see.

Cyclone

I could see them having a MewX/Y/Z or alpha/beta/delta trio, all failed clones of Mew before they achieved Mewtwo. It does say Mewtwo was created after years of multiple gene splicing and DNA experiments. What did they manage to create in that multiyear window before Mewtwo?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Hmmm...maybe this 'Mewthree' could be from a alternate reality, or universe. Where instead of escaping, Mewtwo decided to stay, and over time of experimenting. It was given the ability to evolve. Then even more expeirment which had a toll on Mewthree escaped. (This is where it gets fogy) but somehow travels to the other alternate universe, and sees what would of happened if it escaped and didn't evolve.

Or Evolution by Distortion World

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or what if after leaving the cave Mewtwo got recaptured by the evil team of this region, and experimented, to increase it's power so that it can compete against the gods of Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova (story wise, not stat wise). And this forme is the result.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm...maybe this 'Mewthree' could be from a alternate reality, or universe. Where instead of escaping, Mewtwo decided to stay, and over time of experimenting. It was given the ability to evolve. Then even more expeirment which had a toll on Mewthree escaped. (This is where it gets fogy) but somehow travels to the other alternate universe, and sees what would of happened if it escaped and didn't evolve.

Or Evolution by Distortion World

Distortion world would need to return for that though... and I feel like with it being a specific home for Giratina it's unlikely it'll appear as a place for another Pokemon to evolve.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years

Cyclone

I totally forgot about those pokemon. I am sorry for my misguided judgement.

Although looking at the movie (that would be based on the upcoming game), it looks like the 2nd pair of game specfic pokemon might be mew3 and the red genosect. Although the genosect is considered as a shiny and will probably be obtainable via wi-fi. So we could also say the mew3 could also be obtainable via wi-fi instead of obtaining it within the game. It could be an event at the release of the game.

Although it still could be posssibly introduced within the game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Only thing I have to say is, Giovanni WAS after the Masterball. He wanted the company to make more for his plans to steal all the Pokemon and rule the world through force. That's not really a what if scenario, he was trying to steal the Masterball until you stop him.

Whether it was for Mewtwo can be speculated, but he was after it cause it was the ultimate Pokeball.

Actually it's never explicitly stated, but, considering what the Silph president gives you, the "vital business proposition" Giovanni talked about seems to be the Master Ball. Even if it isn't, Giovanni would've had access to all Silph research after the takeover anyway, so he would've found out and would've attempted to mass produce it for his Rockets.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I have to say I have no idea what to expect of this new Mew family member.

The only thing I REALLY hope is that, like some said on last page, they dig deeper into the whole mew/mewtwo story in-game.
I mean, look at the whole potential in that:

. An "ancient" pokémon (Mew) with every single pokémon's DNA on him (reason for his ability to learn any move)
. Scientists discover him in a deserted faraway island and atempt to capture him/get his dna
. They finally get a piece of his DNA and start experimenting with it in an atempt to create the most powerful pokémon ever (this is where team rocket could even be implicated)
. They succeed, however the pokémon is too powerful for them to control, and realises he is but a "weapon", which makes him hate humans and despise them (meanwhile, Mew disappears completely for a while)
. The pokémon escapes and goes to his own "secret island" where he creates an army of cloned pokémon to obey him and seeks revenge against the humans who used him and hurt him

Years later, all that is left is but a shadow of what happened on that island. It eventually became Cinnabar, and the remains of the laboratory are still there, beneath an abandoned Mansion.
Everything was destroyed by Mewtwo's wrath, but a few pages of an old diary still wonder around the mansion and laboratory. Shrouded in mistery, a few lines tell the fatidic tale of what happened on that island.

Not only this, but there are alot of "gaps" on the story I would love to see filled.
Apparently, the diary was written by Dr.Fuji who I believe is now Mr.Fuji.
Why? In the Cinnabar Island gym, there is a picture of Mr.Fuji and Blaine, who apparently were great friends. Well, Blaine's gym key is found at the mansion and Dr.Fuji's journal too, which suggests a connection between them, not to mention on the manga:
"Mewtwo was created by Blaine in a Team Rocket hideout using a small sample of Mew's DNA and Blaine's own."

This also suggests and association between Blaine, Team rocket and Dr/Mr.Fuji..
There is so much to be told. There are alot of little pieces that should add up and make a story here, I actually find it to be one of the most interesting and misterious subjects in pokémon history.
So, back to my original point, I would love to see this theme explored a whole lot more. I feel like gen I left the story "untold" :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I feel like this pokemon is mews evolved form. It floats rather than stands.
Which is more mewlike.

It looks just enough like mewtwo to where you can see how mewtwos appearance could come about after using mews DNA

Like sure they can clone mew and alter it a little but really, where DOES that appearance come from ?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I feel like this pokemon is mews evolved form. It floats rather than stands.
Which is more mewlike.

It looks just enough like mewtwo to where you can see how mewtwos appearance could come about after using mews DNA

Like sure they can clone mew and alter it a little but really, where DOES that appearance come from ?
Mewtwo can float as well. It just chooses to stand.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm kind of hoping it's just a form. It'd be too coincidental for this new region to create a new Pokémon with that many striking similarities to Mewtwo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it's a new Pokemon we should probably expect even more Pokemon looking like older Pokemon, I'd think. People didn't totally hate it in gen 5 and Game Freak could've thought "YEAH LET'S DO IT NEXT TIME AROUND, TOO!" :x But with that in mind I doubt it which is why I doubt it's a new Pokemon lool.

But yeah... I think it's related to original Mew's most likely. And could possibly bring around changes in the region with its mind control...?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really like this annoucement, because this means that they're willing to touch Gen 1 Pokemon again, which I know they made a point of refusing to do in Gen 5. (so maybe they'll fix ahem alomomola/luvdisc & bouffalant/tauros this time) This means that Mewtwo will probably not be the only past Pokemon to get a relative/modification etc so I'm hoping for evolutions and prevolutions! like for lapras. This is why I really liked Gen 4, it introduced a nice bunch of new Pokemon (that I actually liked and thought fit in nicely with the rest) and a couple of badass evolutions.

I'm excited and impatient I just want to know what we'll get already n_n

Back