• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Trainers!

archard93

Passionate Trainer
Years
Hi there, I'm Tom, and I just joined and I'm looking for people with similar interests to me for Pokemon battles and trading! I've been playing Black 2 for some time now but I've done everything and I'm really beginning to get bored! It would be great if there was someone out there who I could share my experiences with!

Here's my friend code: 3397 3383 1636

And my proud team:

Haxorus lv.100
Volcarona lv.100
Cloyster lv.100
Eelektross lv.100
Terrakion lv.100
Gliscor lv.100

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
At the PokeCommunity, there's no need to be bored! It's a place where your boredom is cured in no time. :) Welcome to the forums!

You can stop by the Battle Center as well as the Trade Corner if you want to meet new Pokemon trainers as well as battle them with your special team, whether you have wifi or Pokemon Showdown. :) There's a lot to do here, the possibilities are endless :D

So, hopefully you stick around and I hope to see you around as well! Have fun!

Years
Nice team! I need to get my 'mons to lv. 100 sometime too... ugh, so lazy. D:

So you like trading? Drop by the Trade Corner sometime to trade with our members~! I sadly can't since I've no WiFi but there are a lot of people on PC who will be interested, I'm sure. The TC even has its own IRC chat where you can talk to the regulars and request trades and such. :3 Speaking of Black/White 2, I'm kind of bored in my Black 2 myself since I'm running out of things to do. EV trained most of my team and hatched some good Pokemon.. but still need to conquer Black Tower and the PWT. Guess that's something?

Oh, and I'd suggest putting your friend code in your signature since it'll be seen more quickly that way. We also do have a battling section, though most of the battles are done over a battling simulator called Pokemon Showdown than WiFi, I believe, though there are also WiFi battlers as well of course (but probably not as many). It's a pretty great program since you can just create your dream team! I've had a lot of fun participating in tournaments there~

But yeah - welcome to PC, Tom, and I hope you have an awesome stay.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hey there Tom, welcome to PokeCommunity :D I'm not into battling, but I can redirect you to the Battle Center. There you can get advice on how to build teams and look for battles and tournaments. I am, however, interested in trading, you can usually find me hiding inside the Trade Corner. Here you can find some guides, discussion, and people to trade with. I'd also recommend you check out the Fifth Generation Games forum. There you can discuss and ask questions about the Gen V games. Are you looking forward to or planning to buy X and/or Y? If so, the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y forum is something you should check out, you can discuss, speculate, look for news, and what not with other members here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or a staff member here. Alternatively you could also post your question in the appropriate forum here (and in the appropriate thread if necessary), just make sure you read the PC Rules and rules of each forum you go to. It helps to prevent any accidental rule breaking in the future. I hope you enjoy your time here at PokeCommunity!

EDIT: As mentioned by Cirno, most people battle over Showdown, but there are a few people who do Wi-Fi battles over at the Quick Battle Requests. There are also some people who still do them over at the Trade IRC channel. You can go here to learn a little more about it.

Years
Oh hello there Tom, welcome to PC!

Megan and Cirno have covered all you need to know about the Trade Corner section, and our Pokemon Showdown server where most of our battles are held and the convenience with it is you don't even need to use your DS and such tricky wi-fi connections! I'm a regular on the server myself, under the username +OshyHikari. The + near my name is a certain rank, but you'll soon get to know what it means if you visit. I recommend you do so.

You may also want to check out the Battle Center section where you can discuss competitive battling and even get your teams rated. And since you're also playing Black 2 you should stop by the Fifth Generation Gaming section which has some neat topics on Black 2 & White 2. I've been playing Black 2 for a while now and I still love it, it's such an awesome game and I'm a sucker for 5th Generation in general.

I hope you have fun here, and I'm always open for a message if you need anything!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

archard93

Passionate Trainer
Years
Thank you for welcoming me! It was really fun leveling up all my Pokemon to level 100, I used a team of high level Lilipup with the Pickup ability to get a few rare candies after EV training them, but once they were EV trained the fun began! I finished Black Tower last week but I still have to do the PWT, but I find it difficult to want to because of the little reward you get from doing it, I might just battle the Gym Leader tournaments for nostalgia. I've started playing White 2 now for a bit of playing diversity and so I can try a new team without losing my old one, so I think I'll see how that goes first! I think I might go check out the Trade Corner now!

Back