• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
2dlm13m.png

Best viewed in Firefox 3.

Quick Links
[alink id=basicinformation]Basic Information[/alink id]
[alink id=features]Features[/alink id]
[alink id=story]Story[/alink id]
[alink id=characters]Characters[/alink id]
[alink id=screenshots]Screenshots[/alink id]
[alink id=credits]Credits[/alink id]
[alink id=downloads]Downloads[/alink id]

2rnergz.png
[a id]basicinformation[/a id]
Name: Pokémon Liquid Ocean
Code base: Pokémon Fire Red (U) [BPRE]
Date started: June 19, 2008
Creator: Christos (Semele, Cierra)
Language: English

v7b5z4.png

11i1npc.png
[a id]features[/a id]
» New region - The region of Soala, with many different environments and home to all kinds of Pokémon
» New storyline - Find the true goals of both Lunaria and the Crimson Wings
» Custom tiles There will be custom buildings in each town, trees, grass etc. will stay the same
» New characters Rivals, friends and enemies battling you and helping you with your quest
» Small quests Help people in Soala by getting them items they need, delivering messages, and many more; there will be rewards

qnpfgo.png
[a id]story[/a id]
It's a special for Colin today, his father, Ethan, is showing him and his best friend, Nate, the invention he's been working on for the past months, and Mael, a friend of your father's, is going to give both of you your first Pokémon. Colin's father though, has left leaving a message saying he was going to help people with his new invention. This doesn't worry Colin, since his father has done that before, but when Kyle, Nate's brother, leaves too, without saying anything, Colin and Nate decide to try and find their relatives, while training to obtain the eight Soala League badges. In this quest, Colin comes across two groups which are "trying to make the world a better place". Is Colin's father and Kyle in one of these groups? What are the two groups' goals? Play and find out!

23hlsok.png
12814784ml0.gif
Colin |
750zt7.png
Nate |
kylebw6.png
Kyle |
640ci4.png
Mael |
58994117ea6.png
Louise

Lunaria is an organization, founded by two siblings who were both scientists after they created an unstable formula, the Lunarian Formula. Lunaria's leader is now Onyx, one of the two siblings, his name is unknown and he hides his face with a mask. The other sibling left Lunaria after disagreeing with Onyx on what to do with the Formula. Each of the members of this secret organization has a different role and position there.
luciasm2.png
Lucia |
sophiabn5.png
Sophia |
tristanjb0.png
Tristan |
emilyil9.png
Emily |
joshuavc1.png
Joshua

The Crimson Wings are a small group consisting of three well-known criminals; they're seen around the region committing minor crimes. They're trying to gather information about Lunaria, and nobody knows how they know about the organization and why they want the information.
alexug2.png
Alex |
garetov1.png
Garet |
kaitlynun3.png
Kaitlyn

24d30cx.png
[a id]screenshots[/a id]
ocean3hc2.png
ocean4zp8.png

liquid2rm3.png
liquid3lm9.png

b5i4gl.jpg
1zoaz6g.jpg

liquid19bb6.png
liquid20jw3.png

nelt1ph9.png
nelt2hp1.png

liquid22by3.png
screen5uv5.png

1hemu.png
[a id]credits[/a id]
» ~Womanizer ~: Thread layout (and Cowrie for the Buizel artwork)
» PokéSho: Sprites
» SpriHackNet: Sprites
» Coronis: Sprites
» Mateo: custom buildings
» Kyledove: Tiles
» $_$: Overworlds
» Tare9: Tristan overworld sprite
» TreeckoLv.100: Rebecca trainer sprite
» Amachi: Nate trainer sprite
» BlackRainbow: Titlescreen logo
» Kage X: Mask of Ice overworlds

slkwt2.png
[a id]downloads[/a id]
» Liquid Ocean Alpha 1.0 - (released July 22 2008; reuploaded July 25, 2008)
» Liquid Ocean Alpha 1.2 - (released September 13, 2008)

Attachments

• Alpha 1.0.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,898
  • Alpha 1.2.zip
    116.1 KB · Views: 10,948
Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Looks very good, nice screenshots :)

Also you say; Code base: FireRed BPRE

Is that (U) or (E) or something else, that can confuse quite a few people :)

Hope to play the Alpha soon :)

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Yihaa its there already :P It looks really awesome. I like the nice paletts of grass and trees. I Really like how every town has its own color of flowers and how some routes have both. Keep up the good work.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
*yells to the heavens* yes liquid ocean lives!
liquid ocean was the reason i joined pokecommunity!
anyway good luck and i can't wait for the alpha!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hooray! ^_^
U posted it finally!
Nice decoration. ;)
My favorite screen shot is this one:
liquid11eo8.png

GL! ^^

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
WOO-HOO!

wow. another moderator doing a hack! yay! i'd love to be an alpha tester.
i hope you can do good on this hack!

i think you should change the palettes. i noticed the flowers are different.
it looks like you're far in this hack already. if you don't have any beta testers, i'd be glad to help. thanx.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
It's back, nice to see you again,Christos ^^,

you're are going to use the Nate OW in alpha 1 right? or use this one?

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Oh, you've finally decided to make a comeback. Well, that's a good news indeed ^^

Thread presentation seems to be really neat, but I would prefer if the text was aligned to left. It's just a suggestion and it is up to you anyway. But, you have made a great job, as always. And you have provided us with a whole bunch of screenshots. I especially liked the one mentioning Pokémart girls :) Well, it seems that here comes another Jake. Neat presentation, great storyline... Everything makes this game look professional. I hope you will keep it up this time, and let me know if you need help with anything... I am starting to be pretty skilled in spriting. Well, you know where to find me, if you need something.

Once again, great hack, it is more amazing than it was in all of the development phases. Good luck!

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years

it looks like you're far in this hack already. if you don't have any beta testers, i'd be glad to help. thanx.

I belive that he don't need any... also you just want to be a alpha tester just to get release befor anyone. But this isnt thread for this.

Hey Chris will the alpha be much differ...um nothing =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
You should have been quiet about it, Deric, it is a secret. I don't mind to not be a part of pre-release testers, but I think the rest of mortals like me would be less in hype if you kept the tests secret.

Anyway, you seem to proceed really quickly from what Deric has told, Christos. Keep it up ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I was thinking about this hack yesterday and I was wondering what happened to it because it looked so good but now its back again. I hope this hack gets finished this time because it looks really good and a lot of hacks never get finished. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to play it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Now, to answer the questions~

Looks very good, nice screenshots :)

Also you say; Code base: FireRed BPRE

Is that (U) or (E) or something else, that can confuse quite a few people :)

Hope to play the Alpha soon :)

BPRE is for the American one, so I don't think I'll need. That and I don't think there's anyone hacking the European one.

I haven't seen any colors I'd like to use in the other palettes, so I'm not sure if I'll change them. The grass palette is changed a bit, though.

It's back, nice to see you again,Christos ^^,

you're are going to use the Nate OW in alpha 1 right? or use this one?

Nate is your rival now, Colin is the main character.

Oh, you've finally decided to make a comeback. Well, that's a good news indeed ^^

Thread presentation seems to be really neat, but I would prefer if the text was aligned to left. It's just a suggestion and it is up to you anyway. But, you have made a great job, as always. And you have provided us with a whole bunch of screenshots. I especially liked the one mentioning Pokémart girls :) Well, it seems that here comes another Jake. Neat presentation, great storyline... Everything makes this game look professional. I hope you will keep it up this time, and let me know if you need help with anything... I am starting to be pretty skilled in spriting. Well, you know where to find me, if you need something.

Once again, great hack, it is more amazing than it was in all of the development phases. Good luck!

Thanks, Martin. If I ever need help with spriting, I'll ask.

I belive that he don't need any... also you just want to be a alpha tester just to get release befor anyone. But this isnt thread for this.

Hey Chris will the alpha be much differ...um nothing =)

The alpha will go up to the third gym.

Dominati0n

Sir Psycho Sexy
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Wow, this looks stunning. I can't wait for the Alpha to come out.

I don't really like how the main character's hat is crooked, though. It just looks odd to see that in the game... but, that's not really changing my opinion of the game. Hope you finish this!

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
yes it's back it looks much better i wish you good luck

oh yeah i was wondering is this route 6 that you edited
liquid14br4.png

well good luck

You don't edit, have you ever seen his maps in Liquid Ocean by unlocking it? It really isnt look any resemblence :|.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
Woot Its back i left this place because your hack stopped i was realy looking forward to it and I still am.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Wow, you've been hyping this up quite a bit lately and you went beyond my expectations, Christos, well done. You pretty much already know my opinion from MSN. XD I'm a huge fan of this, and I'm really looking forward to more. :D The multiple storylines also seem pretty interesting. I simply love it. ;D Also, like the organization, simple and clean. Keep it up Christos! [/generic]

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
finally. I've been waiting to see your hack, Chrissy. =3
anyways, lovely presentation.
i like the story, and the tiles as well.

good luck~

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
its back!
You can always expect a moderator to do great on a hack.
the whole layout seems great, but i'm going to have to agree with martin™, the text really does look better to me on the left side, but its your choice.
I was wondering why you changed the rombase and world map.
was it for a certain reason or did you just feel like doing it?
the side quests seem like a great thing but are they going to be all on a certain area(like a job board) or are people going to ask you to help them?
lastly, i was wondering if you changed the beginning of the old Liquid ocean since it appears you have changed so much already.
i'll ask more questions later because i don't have any more at the moment.
well, best of luck on the hack Christos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back