• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well the day/night/friendship evolution method is kind of the same. :P

Well yes, buuuut they were useful changes! This just makes me think of move combinations ;_; (Although unrelated but STILL).

"It's so ugly omg" Give it a few hours like you did with starters and legendaries, guys. You'll be okay. And if you aren't, find a new fandom lmao.

Still banking on the Dragon typing though. Don't think anyone saw this, since my post was at the bottom but, that color scheme reminds me of:

DragonIC_Big.png

Also, this news is so big, Eevee is trending on Twitter lmao. Thought I'd mention that.

Oh ya it does have the colouring but it doesn't really have a dragon-y design. :( Looks way too friendly imo.

Years
I like the idea of it evolved due to gender. But if they add that into happiness then how would it be possible to get an Espeon or an Umbreon? I think it would clash. But now that Syd beings up the dragon type image it could still likely be a dragon type.

True! Could introduce new stones or shards that are exclusive to the gender specific evolutions, that would solve that I suppose.

And I do like the Dragon theory as well~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, forget what I just said earlier about that Eeveelution's typing. But still, I'm confused as to what type it'll actually be, considering its appearance.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh ya it does have the colouring but it doesn't really have a dragon-y design. :( Looks way too friendly imo.

Well, Dragons can be as friendly as they want to be.

Like Dratini. It looooked kinda too cute to be Dragon pokemon to be honest. Dragonites also tend to be not very hostile... until it needs to be. I dunno, I don't think it's a Dragon type too, but... the possibility is up in the air.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Well, Dragons can be as friendly as they want to be.

Like Dratini. It looooked kinda too cute to be Dragon pokemon to be honest. Dragonites also tend to be not very hostile... until it needs to be.

And to add to that...Altaria!

cute as can be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
They could always change Umbreon and Espeon to using the Moon and Sun Shard respectively. You know, from Gale of Darkness.
I was thinking that but I was too lazy to bring it up lmao. That's a possibility if they wanted to go that route.

Altaria, Dratini, Dragonair, Axew. All of them I find cute. Cute Dragon types do indeed exist.

Gender + Move? Or just Move related. Unless they introduce a new evolution method.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I would also like to mention to whoever said that it's possible that it could evolve based on level, that it would really heavily conflict with Espeon/Umbreon evolutions, because whilst they don't really evolve at a specific level per say, they do evolve when eevee levels up, so that really wouldn't work out too well.

Well no, I meant like a specific level, (eg level 30). Umbreon and Espeon can only be technically evolved when you have a maximum amount of friendship.

Victini

Found the origin of 'Nin'!! If you review the Japanese names of the Eeveelutions you'll see they are all based heavily around English words.

So based off of that, we came across this : Ninon.

Ninon is a sheer fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon made in a variety of tight smooth weaves or open lacy patterns and/or open mesh-like appearance.[1] It is described as very delicate or lightweight and is sometimes referred to as "French tergal".[2] Available in a variety of solid colors and tone-on-tone woven vertical stripes. Some ninon fabrics have embroidered borders. Pronounced "nee-no". Because the fabric is made with high twist filament yarns, it has a crisp hand.[1] End uses include eveningwear and curtains.
Considering that the games are apparently based in Europe, the fact ninon is referred to as French tergal, it only makes more and more sense.

... Oh yeah and the ribbon in the middle of the logo was just pointed out to me to be the ribbon of Ninfia. Tricky that was. >w>

Ribbon1.png

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
AH! OMG!

Found the origin of 'Nin'!! If you review the Japanese names of the Eeveelutions you'll see they are all based heavily around English words.

So based off of that, we came across this : Ninon.

Considering that the games are apparently based in Europe, the fact ninon is referred to as French tergal, it only makes more and more sense.

... Oh yeah and the ribbon in the middle of the logo was just pointed out to me to be the ribbon of Ninfia. Tricky that was. >w>

Ribbon1.png

Ahhh that does make a lot of sense! I can see what they went for in that picture now!

But still, with this 'ribbon' origin, what can that mean for this eeveelution? Does it evolve with a ribbon-item? Or maybe by maximum cuteness or beauty?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
But what happens if like, your Eevee is level 29, just reached maximum happiness, and it evolves like one more level, hypothetically speaking? :x That's the point I'm trying to make here(although it could be a terrible point but still lmao).

Hm, I see what you mean. Maybe it needs a specific hold item while leveling up for it to evolve?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
But what happens if like, your Eevee is level 29, just reached maximum happiness, and it evolves like one more level, hypothetically speaking? :x That's the point I'm trying to make here(although it could be a terrible point but still lmao).
Press the 'B' button and stop the evolution before the evolution that you want it to evolve to? Shawn's idea is far better than this though. :b

After looking at the image I do like the idea of it evolving by a ribbon or something. Perhaps that is the item that is to be used? Or a bow or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Ribbon1.png
Also that means that there's still another Eeveelution to come. :x If that's true... then will we get the next one this CoroCoro?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Also that means that there's still another Eeveelution to come. :x If that's true... then will we get the next one this CoroCoro?
Nah. In the past people thought the bow was Espeon. But if it isn't Espeon then I suppose the purple Kanji would be Espeon, making all the eeveelutions present. Otherwise we're missing an Eeveelution.

Years
What about items like "Silk Scarf"

and yeah that's the only item I can think of.

But it can be held while leveling up + happiness, etc.

I would rather GF just bring back the contests. Then I am all for contest ribbons. Maybe instead of beauty, it'd be the cute category?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Press the 'B' button and stop the evolution before the evolution that you want it to evolve to? Shawn's idea is far better than this though. :b

After looking at the image I do like the idea of it evolving by a ribbon or something. Perhaps that is the item that is to be used? Or a bow or something.

Doesn't work that way sadly. Once the point has been reached, it'll keep trying to evolve under the current settings until something changes. So if by level, you reach the appropriate level with Max Happiness, the only way to get the new one would be to lower the happiness as every time it would try to evolve it would evolve into Espeon/Umbreon.

I've tested this with Glaceon/Umbreon attempts. All attempts to evolve an Eevee near Icy Rock resulted in Glaceon. Once I moved away it would evolve in to Umbreon. So it goes by a heirchy, Location > Status (Move/Happiness) > Level/Item/Trade

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Doesn't work that way sadly. Once the point has been reached, it'll keep trying to evolve under the current settings until something changes. So if by level, you reach the appropriate level with Max Happiness, the only way to get the new one would be to lower the happiness as every time it would try to evolve it would evolve into Espeon/Umbreon.
I was, for the most part, joking. Using the 'B' button as a effort to stop the evolution would have been a broken way to do it, because of the reason as you have just said.

As for items they can always make a new evolution item for it to evolve from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back