• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost] Ruby Title Screen Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Yeah, so yesterday night I needed a CD for burning an .iso
I found a CD-RW in my back-pack so.. I was thinking of erasing that data on it..
Lucky enough I first checked what was on it ! :P
And yeah, I found this tutorial on it.. togheter with 3 others (Maybe I'll post then too)

It's from Phantom (You know him, right :) Don't know if he's still here)
Ok.. here it is !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon Ruby Title Screen Hacking
By: The Phantom ([email protected]) » MAYBE HE'LL ANSWER
http://aam.pokemods.mihopa.com/poke4yu » DOESN't WORK » DUH

I. Introduction
The contents of this page are base on what I have learnt from reading other files and messing with a hex editor...
I am not an expert, so don't take this page like ultimate source of knowlegde. This page discusses Pokémon
Ruby Title Screen only. This document may not be modified in any way without prior consent from the author.

II. Things you need
- TileMolester
- PokePic
- unLZ-GBA
- Pokémon Ruby US Rom
- Patience
*NOTE*
No, I won't send you the Rom or give you any links for it..

III. The Fun Starts Here
First of all, you have to find the part you want to change.. You can that with unLZ-GBA. If you don't know how
to use it, read the help file... Or you can use PokePic... In this tutorial, we will use PokePic.
So, open PokePic, load the Rom and go to Advanced. There you will see a simple screen with some commands
like: DumpRAW, InsertRAW etc.
Since I'm so good friend o.O, I will give you the offsets.. Now, type one of the following offsets and use the
DumpRAW command. All the offsets are in decimal..:
Ruby Version 15331280 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
Pokémon 15325388 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
2003 GameFreak 15324740 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
Groudon 3748432 -View it in 4bpp linear, reverse-order in TileMolester.

Some people say that the hardest part is Groudon, but i find it no hard... I replaced Groudon with a guy in
my hack... Open it in TileMolester and set it to 4bpp linear. Here is an example:
oldtitlefo2.png
-->
newtitlecr1.png

Was that hard? You just have to erase the old pic and draw the new one...
Now, for the version name... I find it hard, because I'm not that good artist, but what the hell, atleast
I changed it... So, insert 15331280 and dump raw image. Open it in TileMolester and set it to 8bpp
linear. Now you should see Ruby Version, but the colors are all messed up...So, you will have to deal
with the pallete... Man, I wish I wasn't this good.. Here is the pallete.. Now load the pallete and the
everything will be ok. So, again, you just have to draw and nothing else... Example:
oldveroe9.png
-->
myverro3.png

Now, about the Press Start/GameFreak pic.. That's not hard at all, I think Ill just show you and skip
all the writing... Example:
gamefreakaf3.png
-->
poke4yuzo8.png

As for the Pokémon part.. Well, insert 15325388 and dump raw. Open in TileMolester and set it to
8bpp linear. You'll have to load the pallete that I gave you and again draw... Example:
pkmnorgbo6.png
-->
pkmnredryv2.png

And when you insert all those pictures (like all from this tutorial) in your Rom, you get yourself a
Title Screen.. Here is a Title Screen of my hack:
friretadvrubyyk2.png

IV. Greets and Thanks
Entei107 - For getting the pallete
Mewthree9000 - For making the Ruby Pallete

V. Contact Info
NAME: The Phantom
EMAIL/MSN: [email protected] » MAYBE HE'LL ANSWER
WEBSITE: http://aam.pokemods.mihopa.com/poke4yu » DOESN't WORK » DUH
© 2000 – 2004 Poké4Yu Inc.

Last edited:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Nice tut,bro, some parts may be also useful for LG/FR. I like it.

10/10 :D

And can you put also LG offsets for PokePic?

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Nice tut,bro, some parts may be also useful for LG/FR. I like it.

10/10 :D

And can you put also LG offsets for PokePic?

Hehe, tnx.. but I didn't made it ^^
Err.. FR/LG DON'T work with PokéPic.. so there are no offsets..
For editing the FR/LG title screen you need to use UnLZ-GBA..
Maybe I'll translate a Spanish tutorial on editing the FR/LG Titlescreen ;)

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I can't make the version of my hack its got crazy signs!

The Phantom

sick and perverted bastard
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
who would've guessed ill come back on pc one day.. :D
D-Trogh thx for posting my tut, long time since i wrote it.. (:
anyhow, it doesnt work with emerald, the offsets are different, and the rayquazza tile iz quite tricky to change q: ..maybe ill write some new tutorials and post them soon, maybe even a new site.. feel free to pm me if you need help (:

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
thanks

thanks man searched 3 different forums for this thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2007
Terrific might do a ruby hack instead of my intentional fire red one but I really hae to ask with the red background that groudon would usually be on can u change the red part to different colours and like even put more pics there? I also had a slight issue adding a trainer where groudon would be, I got rid of groudon but i cant like open the trainer sprite in that program so uhh any advice?

Last edited:

The Phantom

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
well ofc its possible, you can change the color if you know the color pointer.. you have to make sure the title you draw isnt bigger then the one you dumped.. and make sure you draw correctly, see how the groudon is drawed etc etc....

DracoMalfoy88

Sailor Moon Fan!!!
Years
Hey people I want to create an intro for Pokémon Ruby like this Click but i'm not able..someone can help me? I don't know to change the palette and the image if somehone can create an intro with this image
moon111qf7.png
I would be eternally pleasing

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
This kinda goes off-topic but is there a tutorial you know that lets me know how to edit the stuff with TileMolester because I dunno how to change anything...?

The Phantom

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
This kinda goes off-topic but is there a tutorial you know that lets me know how to edit the stuff with TileMolester because I dunno how to change anything...?

just open your rom in tm and find the pics that are not compressed.. thats not so hard to do.. and for pokepics and title images, use unlz to uncompress and edit..

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Tilemolester Question

Is it supposed to be black & white? (Groudon and the picture you're gonna replace it with.)

The Phantom

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
well, depends on what pallete you choose when you dump the title.. it doesnt really matter what collor is when you dump it, just make sure you use the same pallete etc...

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
whenever i import anything back into pokepic it says the compressed size is ****** and it is too big it does this with everything even if i just exported it and when i load the rom it's just a white screen help plz??

The Phantom

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
whenever i import anything back into pokepic it says the compressed size is ****** and it is too big it does this with everything even if i just exported it and when i load the rom it's just a white screen help plz??

well then, make sure you draw correctly and the file is the same size.. experiment a little (:

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
it was the exact same size if not smaller its doing this with all dumps even the ones i didn't even touch

Skullmonkey_Gaming

Do I Need Be Asked?
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Hey nice tut but I open up unlz-GBA and find my image and note the offset...but it's in HEX format is there any way to translate that into dec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back