• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon game soundtracks now available on iTunes

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

For those of you who utilize the Japanese iTunes store, all the Pokémon game soundtracks from Generations 3, 4, and 5 are now available on iTunes. More specifically, these are:

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Music Super Complete
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Music Super Complete
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Music Super Music Collection
Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Music Super Complete
Pokemon Black & White Music Super Music Collection
Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Music Super Music Collection (also contains previously-unreleased music from Pokemon Emerald Version and Pokemon Platinum Version)

Source: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_game_soundtracks_available_on_iTunes

So basically, the only existing soundtrack missing from iTunes (to the best of my knowledge) is the one with the music from Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Versions, while the closest thing to a GSC soundtrack release is the compilation of GB Sounds music on the HGSS soundtrack.

And for U.S. iTunes users:

Sqoon of Bulbagarden Forums said:
"You can change the iTunes Store region by clicking the circular flag icon on the bottom right of any page in the store. But you can't actually buy tracks from another country's iTunes Store unless you have a valid payment method and billing address in that country (or a gift card compatible with that country's Store)."

Source: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f280/po...commercial-video-released-137169/#post4227789

So? Any thoughts on these releases? Will you be purchasing a single track, one album, or multiple albums? Do you lament the fact that, for some reason, the RBY soundtrack is the only soundtrack not yet available on iTunes, as well as the fact that GSC currently has no official soundtrack release?

I'm ecstatic that music from Emerald and Platinum is finally receiving a proper release (particularly the Frontier Brain battle theme from Emerald), although that only leaves me wondering if Yellow and Crystal have unique/exclusive and unreleased tracks as well...? A shame that the RBY soundtrack is apparently not available on iTunes yet...

Also, I'm hoping these soundtracks become available on iTunes of other countries to make purchasing them easier...

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
HOW DOES THIS THREAD HAVE NO REPLIES? THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!

I seriously hope they release them on the international iTunes store. Having that HeartGold/SoulSilver soundtrack on my iPod would complete my life.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

I seriously hope they release them on the international iTunes store. Having that HeartGold/SoulSilver soundtrack on my iPod would complete my life.

This so much. Some of the music on these games are incredible.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Nice one Nintendo.

These OSTs have always been nice, and now it made its way to itunes... I'm definitely getting this.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

LOL; that's what I'm wondering. :cer_laugh: And yeah, I hope that they can push for an international iTunes release of the soundtracks.

I'm not able to verify if all the B2W2 and previously-omitted BW tracks made their way onto the B2W2 soundtrack, but from a quick skim of the list, it looks like they jam-packed as much as they could on the 4-disc soundtrack. XD

One of the minor things I'm puzzled about is Emerald's Battle Dome interior music. There's different music depending on whether you're in front of the receptionist desk or whether you've been brought to the back in the tournament waiting room, the latter of which seems to be the 'full' Battle Dome interior theme... I thought it would be included like how Game Freak included the Battle Pyramid Summit/Peak tracks... I'm guessing that the "Battle Dome in-front-of-receptionist" track is a loop of a portion of the 'full' Battle Dome interior music, since there's not too much of a difference... :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow, this is fantastic news! Just the other night, I was wondering why they weren't already on iTunes. This makes me so happy! :)

This doesn't pertain to the games per se though, and is sort of more like a merchandise thing, so I'm going to move this to Pokemon General. Toujours, if you don't feel like it belongs here, you can just move it back to PGC. :)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
This. Is. Great.
I definitely want to download the FRLG and BW soundtracks. Maybe HGSS too. But seriously, this is amazing.

I've always loved the soundtracks, and now there is an official way to get them. :)

droomph

weeb
Years
I like this development.

I've always had to download it ~illegally~ but now I can feel good about not ruining their business!

I'm also kinda ocd about starting over my play count but this is quite worth it :D

IllusDark8

Speaking of Pokemon Soundtracks, I need to check if I have all of them in my DJ Database. Thanks

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012

I Agree i just got the Pokemon show themes song it is amazing!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
LOL; that's what I'm wondering. :cer_laugh: And yeah, I hope that they can push for an international iTunes release of the soundtracks.

I'm not able to verify if all the B2W2 and previously-omitted BW tracks made their way onto the B2W2 soundtrack, but from a quick skim of the list, it looks like they jam-packed as much as they could on the 4-disc soundtrack. …

Speaking of B2W2, wouldn't the vocals in their tracks with lyrics have to be replaced with their English versions before these tracks would let B2W2's soundtrack be released here in the US iTS?

Back