• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
and remember, pretty soon R/S won't even be compatible because of GBA, the newest DS's don't have the GBA slot, and a lot of people ditched the lite for the 3DS or the DSi, which of course don't have one, but as XanderO said, you can get every pokemon in 3rd Gen but people that started with HG/SS or above won't have the chance to play through that story.

Yea I just realized that after this gen I won't be able to use my DS lite to trade pokemon. Since I have a complete Pokedex in white, and I'm currently transferring them to my white 2 I really don't need to import pokemon from gen 3 or 4 games. Hopefully a special edition 3ds comes out with Gen6 games

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Thats why I feel the games should go on 3DS other than DS though, the DS will be dead console soon, i'd give it a few years left then its done, but if they do come out on DS, I would be happy cause I don't have to buy a 3DS yet lol, I only play Pokemon on Nintendo systems so I didn't see a point in buying it yet

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Thats why I feel the games should go on 3DS other than DS though, the DS will be dead console soon, i'd give it a few years left then its done, but if they do come out on DS, I would be happy cause I don't have to buy a 3DS yet lol, I only play Pokemon on Nintendo systems so I didn't see a point in buying it yet

I do agree with you, and see what your saying. Why bring a remake on a system that's already outdated . I think this is the point you and others were trying to make and for some reason I didn't get it until now. Hmm this is an interesting Dilemma. While I think the Gen should stay on the same platform , we can't ignore the fact the game can be all it can be on the 3ds.

Well sir you have officially convinced me.
I believe if Nintendo came out with special edition 3ds for the RS remake it would increase 3ds sales so people may have them for gen 6. I also believe they need event pokemon that when transferred to gen 6 they unlock something. Maybe a downloadable key item you can only get on the remakes for a certain period of time that unlocks a post game quest in gen 6.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I do agree with you, and see what your saying. Why bring a remake on a system that's already outdated . I think this is the point you and others were trying to make and for some reason I didn't get it until now. Hmm this is an interesting Dilemma. While I think the Gen should stay on the same platform , we can't ignore the fact the game can be all it can be on the 3ds.

Well sir you have officially convinced me.
I believe if Nintendo came out with special edition 3ds for the RS remake it would increase 3ds sales so people may have them for gen 6. I also believe they need event pokemon that when transferred to gen 6 they unlock something. Maybe a downloadable key item you can only get on the remakes for a certain period of time that unlocks a post game quest in gen 6.

RSE remakes don't have to be part of gen 5. BW and B2W2 have basically destroyed a lot of the traditions of the Pokemon series, so it wouldn't surprise me if gen 5 was over with B2W2. That way, it wouldn't cause the conflict of having gen 5 games on both the DS and 3DS.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
RSE remakes don't have to be part of gen 5. BW and B2W2 have basically destroyed a lot of the traditions of the Pokemon series, so it wouldn't surprise me if gen 5 was over with B2W2. That way, it wouldn't cause the conflict of having gen 5 games on both the DS and 3DS.

I've actually thought of that. And i agree. But that would mean we don't get a game in 2013 or gen 6 comes early
(Which I'm hoping for)

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
That doesn't necessarily mean that gen 6 will come out first, remember Blue Rescue Team and Crystal, they were both part of the same generation but on different platforms and they made it work, they can do it again.

All and all, like XanderO said it's a two way street between Gen 6 and Remakes, it all depends on the anime so I would recommend you guys keep your eyes glued.

Filler between or after Tournament= Remakes

Continue series with no team plasma (which I highly doubt)= Gen 6

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
That doesn't necessarily mean that gen 6 will come out first, remember Blue Rescue Team and Crystal, they were both part of the same generation but on different platforms and they made it work, they can do it again.

All and all, like XanderO said it's a two way street between Gen 6 and Remakes, it all depends on the anime so I would recommend you guys keep your eyes glued.

Filler between or after Tournament= Remakes

Continue series with no team plasma (which I highly doubt)= Gen 6

Well, Blue Rescue Team was on DS, so I'm assuming you meant to say it's part of gen 3 with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. If that's the case, I do understand where you're coming from, but it's not a main series game. They do not follow the same "rules" as the main series games do. They aren't even developed by Game Freak. For instance, we have Rumble Blast and Conquest, both "gen 5 spin-offs," but one is on 3DS and the other on DS. Since these games aren't controlled by Game Freak, they can be on whatever system and use whatever gen Pokemon they want.

Now, this doesn't mean gen 6 won't start with remakes. It very well could. But I have a feeling we are done with gen 5 and also done with the DS. What comes next is anyone's guess, but the most educated guess you could make at this point would be either new games or the gen 3 remakes.

I've actually thought of that. And i agree. But that would mean we don't get a game in 2013 or gen 6 comes early
(Which I'm hoping for)

Definitely agree here. Granted, Game Freak was able to develop almost all the new features of B2W2 in about 6 months. While I definitely prefer quality over quantity, it wouldn't be impossible for Game Freak to develop a whole new Pokemon game in a year or so.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
RSE reboots on 3DS being 5th or 6th gen.... frankly its gonna be neither.

Gen 5.5

I never thought of the remakes as games of a particular generation. Sure they used the same engine as the other games they were released about, but they were filler games between generations.

Making RSE again, with more depth and proper improvement instead of copy/paste is the way to go obviously, were they seriously considering this.
I still see no way around making Emerald too then though (well except for the emerald key option, but no one beside me seems to see that as an ingenious solution lol..).

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
RSE reboots on 3DS being 5th or 6th gen.... frankly its gonna be neither.

Gen 5.5

I never thought of the remakes as games of a particular generation. Sure they used the same engine as the other games they were released about, but they were filler games between generations.

Making RSE again, with more depth and proper improvement instead of copy/paste is the way to go obviously, were they seriously considering this.
I still see no way around making Emerald too then though (well except for the emerald key option, but no one beside me seems to see that as an ingenious solution lol..).

What's wrong with just putting elements of emerald in the remakes ?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Everything. Its an obvious no option to me...

Would be able to elaborate ? I see this is very important to you, I would like to understand why it wouldn't work. I've played sapphire and emerald , there are some differences story wise but that can be easily fixed. The new features and mechanics introduced in emerald would be in the remakes like they were with crystal in gen 4 remakes.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Everything. Its an obvious no option to me...

Well just ignoring everything brought up with Emerald would also be an obvious no option, imo, as it did improve things.

If they do in fact give the story much more depth and add any other things they wanted to do with the originals(while still keeping the original basics intact), there could be a way to squeeze in Emerald elements. Most of them(Frontier, battling both teams) are just welcome additions which aren't game-breaking.

About the only big 'Emerald' issue really is the battle in Sootopolis because of the outcome, which would kind of ruin things because of whoever winning shifting the focus of the mascot(Em= Rayquaza, Kyogre or Groudon= RS).

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Well just ignoring everything brought up with Emerald would also be an obvious no option, imo, as it did improve things.

If they do in fact give the story much more depth and add any other things they wanted to do with the originals(while still keeping the original basics intact), there could be a way to squeeze in Emerald elements. Most of them(Frontier, battling both teams) are just welcome additions which aren't game-breaking.

About the only big 'Emerald' issue really is the battle in Sootopolis because of the outcome, which would kind of ruin things because of whoever winning shifting the focus of the mascot(Em= Rayquaza, Kyogre or Groudon= RS).

So is the only thing that's a problem is Rayquaza won't calm both the legendaries down? That's not a good reason why basic RS plot wouldn't work . Besides that what did emerald have to offer? I'm pretty sure they can include the magma base in the ruby remake. I mean besides stuff like real double battles and the battle frontier ( come on guys do you think they couldn't just add that) and that one cutscene emerald didn't really add that much

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Wait, what side are you even on? I was pretty much agreeing with you about adding in parts of what Emerald brought. Now you're asking what else it had to offer? A bit confusing to know what you really want now.

That response was to MiTja saying that adding in Emerald elements would be a no, which I disagree with. I was saying that most of them would work because of them being things that weren't gamebreaking.

About the only problem I would see is the battle in Sootopolis; that's the only thing I see as something they'd have to think about(swaying too far into Rayquaza calming things down would shift the main focus to him and take it off of the other 2 mascots; the ones who should be highlighted in the remakes). Everything else wouldn't be a problem to add in.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I hope they make Emerald remake, I don't want two version so the two would have version exclusive stuff, I want like an ultimate remake in one game.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Wait, what side are you even on? I was pretty much agreeing with you about adding in parts of what Emerald brought. Now you're asking what else it had to offer? A bit confusing to know what you really want now.

That response was to MiTja saying that adding in Emerald elements would be a no, which I disagree with. I was saying that most of them would work because of them being things that weren't gamebreaking.

About the only problem I would see is the battle in Sootopolis; that's the only thing I see as something they'd have to think about(swaying too far into Rayquaza calming things down would shift the main focus to him and take it off of the other 2 mascots; the ones who should be highlighted in the remakes). Everything else wouldn't be a problem to add in.
My apologizes I misunderstood

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yes, the only real issue is the peak of the plot. Its what RSE are revolving around. Messing this up for the sake of releasing this game just seems too half-assed for gamefreak.

Thats exactly what I was going to say, after BW2 we can't predict what Game Freak will do next, for all we know they can have an old region with a new story

Why did you assume it was any more predictable before? they could have thrown whatever in our direction at any time before BW2, and they did.
I mean, you couldn't predict GS after RBY, you couldn't predict that they would then try to reboot with RSE, you couldn't predict that they would remake RBY, you couldnt predict that BW would be on the DS... theres been more surprises than expected things.
The only thing that has ever been completely obvious is when legendaries are left for a follow-up game since gen3.
But apart from that, any emerging tradition is broken before it even becomes an actual pattern.

I seriously doubt some underlying pattern has ever decided what the next games will be. Gamefreak simply did what made the most sense at any point.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A Single Emerald Remake would mean we'd get a lot of exclusions into the Pokedex. We'll have all the Hoenn Pokemon on the Pokedex, and like 15 of them won't be catchable in the game.

The Pokemon games exist for trading. That's possibly one of their single reasons for existing and one of the reasons why we always get games in pairs.

As for "elements of Emerald", that only includes the Rayqauza part which can still be done for version exclusive Legends, Magma's headquarters change, and Juan/Wallace/Steven thing. Everything else was the same as the original story.

Its also less likely that we'll get a Emerald remake over R/S remakes as the remakes are of the original released games for that generation. We got Red and Green despite international games were red and blue. We'd also get more Pokemon in RS remakes over Emerald Remake for reason already listed. so it fits better in with what Gamefreaks' ideals for the games.

Y
I seriously doubt some underlying pattern has ever decided what the next games will be. Gamefreak simply did what made the most sense at any point.

Junichi Masuda and Mr. Unno actually both said there was never a pattern. The games just happened to fall the way they did. When they finish with one, they just started on the next. They didn't plan the games out in any real special way. So its always been a coincidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back