• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
Any advice for an online relationship I can give.
-Be dirty c:
-Have mutual friends you both can talk too
-Voice and Video as much as you can

I find these three things key to a good relationship. I know this club isn't dating advice 101, so I'm not going to make it focused on that.

Anyways;
http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-children-high-risk-child-abuse-181700625.html
I was looking at the comments......

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Ew, even if I read articles like that, I tend to stay away from the comments. Plenty of them just end up pissing me off, because of how ignorant some people are. What makes it worse is that there's no changing the minds of some of them.

Years
I would have hoped the statistics weren't that bad, but somewhere in the back of my mind I expected them to be.

And I read through some of the comments. Was expecting something a lot worse than what was actually there. Maybe they pruned some of the worst ones?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
The only comments I saw in that article were positive ones calling out the negative ones that remain unseen haha - I guess the good guys flooded them out.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
@ Yahoo article: My parents have Sbcglobal internet, which is tied to Yahoo, so I have seen yahoo articles all the time since my parents got internet from them years ago, and in all that time, if there was one thing I learned, it was that I should NEVER look at the comments on Yahoo articles. This is a lucky one in that goodhearted people managed to flush out the more irritating ones. Most articles aren't that lucky. .__.

Now come on California! You can do it!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I agree, but there are millions of people who want every single person who posts in this thread to burn in hell. -w-; SO. I'm not holding my breath.

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
I don't get it. Most of the hate comes from religious back grounds. Why must people hate love?
I don't understand it at all. Yet again, I try to isolate myself from people with hatred in them, because I'm the exact oppiste of those types of people.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've tried online dating before with this guy I really liked (well I still do like him, we're still friends I think). In the end though, I think online relationships are just way harder to maintain because you can't see each other and there's no physicality to the relationship. It wasn't really a matter of a 'gay guy having to resort to online' in my case, it was just that I found someone I really liked.

At least you guys tried. Trying is better than sitting here and letting them get away. Though I can deal without the physicality for the most part. I don't like being touched tbh, nor am I really a sexual person. So it's not hard to deal without it...that's not saying I don't want any physicality, but I mean, since most of the time, I'm in a "don't touch me" mood, it's easier.

I don't get it. Most of the hate comes from religious back grounds. Why must people hate love?
I don't understand it at all. Yet again, I try to isolate myself from people with hatred in them, because I'm the exact oppiste of those types of people.

I find it funny that most of the people that don't follow their religion like they say they do are the ones that are hateful. When I still went to my old church, sure, there were people that disagreed with homosexuality, but they clearly stated they would never treat them like dirt or anything, because that's not right and that's not the kind of Christians they are. I can respect that easily. We don't all have to agree, but if we can at least act civil about it, that's better than outright hatred.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, all of the Christians I know personally think of it as "You shouldn't hate them, but if you just ignore them, they'll never change." (And of course, they want us to change because they don't think we'll go to heaven.) which is okay, I suppose... but on the internet, it seems that that's a fairly uncommon opinion.

Years
There really needs to be a word for someone who believes they are a good Christian when in fact they aren't and are doing it all wrong by hating people left and right. I mean, I have quite a few words I use for them, but none of them are appropriate to post on this forum.

My goodness though, it's like America is gearing up for another civil war with all this sh... stuff doing down.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My goodness though, it's like America is gearing up for another civil war with all this sh... stuff doing down.

I think that's the only way we'll see concrete change not delivered a million times slower than a snails pace, sadly. I don't think it will happen, though, unless the support was overwhelming- like if every protesting group in the country joined together.

In other news, cookies sold by LGBT supporters are tainted with sin!

http://www.goddiscussion.com/92518/...couts-supports-planned-parent-hood-and-lgbts/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Meh, I have a hard time believing a country that's this advanced could actually have a civil war. A lot of rioting perhaps, but I doubt it could ever end up being a "war".

Years
I think that's the only way we'll see concrete change not delivered a million times slower than a snails pace, sadly. I don't think it will happen, though, unless the support was overwhelming- like if every protesting group in the country joined together.

In other news, cookies sold by LGBT supporters are tainted with sin!

http://www.goddiscussion.com/92518/...couts-supports-planned-parent-hood-and-lgbts/
But... sin is so delicious.

And I wasn't serious about the civil war thing, just venting some frustration at all the idiocy that's all over the news.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
There really needs to be a word for someone who believes they are a good Christian when in fact they aren't and are doing it all wrong by hating people left and right. I mean, I have quite a few words I use for them, but none of them are appropriate to post on this forum.

We called them C&E's in my church. Christmas and Easters, since that was the only time of the year they went to church.

The Rainbow War! XD

I had an... interesting conversation with my mother on Tuesday. We were actually in the middle of a funeral procession.

Moar story?

My mom has always been pissed that I'm atheist, even though she's a rather terrible believer herself. She always brings up that she said it was the worst thing she ever did to send me to Catholic school, and that it made me atheist. I have to agree, but I had to explain to her the other reasons for atheism, the ass hole of a priest we had, the sexist nature of the church, the inconsistency of the Bible, the treatment of gays in the church...

Then she flipped a lid.

Apparently I'm only "bi" (she refuses to accept further, nor to accept the fact that I have a minor preference to women over men. I have no idea why I do, just weird like that.) because of the people I hung out with in high school. Apparently it was the cool thing to do and I did it to "fit in", just like, get this, my atheism.

I started laughing so hard when she said I was only atheist cause it was cool and I was just acting it. So ****ing funny! I mean when I say I'm atheist, I am a strong atheist and I will start rants and jump in any religious argument I find because I CAN DAMMIT (:P)

Then I got upset. I told her that my atheism, true, has a part with how religion treats the lgbt community. But I told her that I miss Church. She shut up and listened, and it's true. I miss the music, the singing, the feeling that you're in something bigger, the safety of knowing, of feeling that you're safe. When we were in that church for the funeral I cried, not for the departed cause I barely knew them, but for the fact that I missed this, I might not believe it anymore. But the community. I remembered my church and how much I meant to them since I was the only altar server. How it felt when I helped others for church related programs and such. I explained to her that I lost a lot when I stopped believing.

Then she asked why then don't I believe? Save what I lost? I explained that if I were to act like I believed, go through the motions but not have the faith behind it, it would actually be an insult, sacrilegious, and not like I cared, but there felt like there would be something inherently wrong with that.

She said ok.

Then she started actually asking questions. Like, not being mean, but really asking questions and being curious. It as such a step forward. Then she started asking me about lgbt stuff, purely curious. It was such a step forward! Then she started talking to me about other stuff, like how I really want to be a teacher. She said I should try for it, when before when I said it when I graduated high school she was like "GRR YOU'LL NEVER MAKE MONEY IN THAT JOB HURR HURR".

That ounce of respect I had for the church in that I didn't want to be considered sacrilegious, it got to her. I don't know why.

It's a good thing though.

Last edited:

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
^it's beautiful that you've managed to communicate and reach an understanding with your mother. :-)
i think it's quite natural for you to miss the Church community; almost everyone wants to be part of a community where they feel most at home -- whether it be a religious community or an online LGBTQS club like this.

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
I have anime, GSA, and video game club to act as a "community". Then theres the online world if I ever feel lonley.

I'm starting to feel doubt on myself; maybe I'm not trans, maybe its just a phase. I need things to sort out in my head. If anything, I know that I would at least be a crossdresser. Because skirts are fun, and better than pants <3

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
I'm starting to feel doubt on myself; maybe I'm not trans, maybe its just a phase. I need things to sort out in my head. If anything, I know that I would at least be a crossdresser. Because skirts are fun, and better than pants <3
i don't think you should worry about it too much, especially if you are in your adolescent years. speaking from experience, when i was about 12-14 years old, i had felt like i should have been a boy (i'm biologically a girl). but later on, that feeling began to fade. true, i still have musings on what it would be like if i were a boy, etc., but i truly am happier and satisfied with the body i am living in now (well, except for those monthly... things). personality-wise, i may not be the traditional "prim-and-proper"/sweet and gentle kind of girl, but that doesn't mean i would be any happier if i were to live as a boy and whatnot.

so yeah, it's normal to feel that way. i would personally suggest not to label yourself too quickly because your case may end up similar to mine (a.k.a. a phase), and, technically, if you label yourself too soon, you may end up limiting your feelings about yourself and about other people, so just go with your feelings, i guess. :-)

Back