• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Video Games DCC

The Daily Chit-Chat is here for Video Games! Don't be afraid to
join the chat at any point as long as you stick to these guidelines:

• Posts must always be related to gaming
• Always stick to the current topic within the chat. However, you can start a new topic as long as it branches off the current one.
• Don't ask what the topic is or things you need help with, you always have the Quick Question Thread for assistance.
• Don't spam, troll, or flame. Try to keep a level-head in the chat and be respectful to members at all times.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well that sucks, there should never be copyright on LP's wth. I've been playing Far Cry 3 like a mad man (heh) lately. Absolutely love it, asdf.

Years
I haven't actually played any Final Fantasy's for some reason, so I should really get to it...I've heard a lot of good things about the games so wouldn't hurt to give them a try.

As for Far Cry, omg yes! I love that game sooo much and, like Gav, have been playing it like crazy. Vaas is the most amazing character out there! Gav how far have you got in the story?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ooh, I didn't really notice there wasn't a DCC for VG. Anyway, I'm currently playing a new save of Black 2, as well as trying to level up fast in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. And I soooo want to get Far Cry 3, it looks amazing. (Might get it in the next week or two).

Years
I have mentioned Far Cry 3 in a lot of recent VG posts, but the game really is that good, don't hesitate to buy it :P I have recommended it to a lot of people and they say it was really a great game. :3

Call of Duty leveling is different every time. I hate that they change how many prestiges there and how they change the levels to reach each prestige. I just think they should stick to 10 prestiges, and level 80 to get there in every game. I understand they introduce new secondaries, equipment, killstreaks and whatnot which make it easier to level up; but they should lower the amount of XP you earn from them.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh, a chat thread huh?
ermahgerd I've wanted one of these for ages. I played Final Fantasy 3 last night for the last time since I returned it to the original owner today, so I uploaded the gameplay to YouTube after recording it with a capture card. Apparently there's a content match on the video to something copyright, so nobody can view it ;___;
Oh man been a while since I first tried FF3. It was the DS version, and let me tell you this...

I hated it. But to be fair I used cheats just to breeze through without trouble because I didn't want to grind, so maybe that's why. That, or the DS remake is flat out bad. I played IV before it on DS (which I heard was the best. and no I didn't use cheats on this one.) as well, loved it but couldn't beat the final boss, then tried again on December 2009 (I remember clearly) with a guide this time so I don't miss augments which made everything waaay easier.

That's basically all my experience with anything Final Fantasy. I did play that Chocobo game but I forgot everything about it.

While on topic about Far Cry 3...my uncle had it on PS3 so he let me play a bit, because I was actually considering buying it at the start of the month, but opted for Paper Mario instead. Frankly, I was glad with that decision. I'm not a fan of first person shooters anymore, and I hate open world games. (inFamous 2 is the only recent open world game that I enjoyed, but I didn't really bother to explore with except for grinding experience.)
I was not a fan of the controls as well. Blame Halo for this, but I felt like I was controlling a tank. If I buy this game though, I'll make sure to buy it on PC or 360, because the PS3 controller is awful for FPS imo. At least, compared to the 360 controller.

In other news, been playing Elite Beat Agents. Damn, what a game. Might beat Rhythm Heaven and/or Mario Kart DS as my favorite DS game. I think the DS is the best system of all time imo, and I can't believe I missed tons of amazing games on it just for Pokemon and Mario. I'm only halfway through Hotel Dusk and still got DK: Jungle Climber to play.

Oh yeah, if you have a 3DS, buy Donkey Kong 94 on Virtual Console. Can't say it has the Wario Land games beat (you should buy them too), but I'm probably biased. It's the original Donkey Kong game perfected. Can't wait for Super Mario Bros 3 to release outside of Japan. Been on a virtual console/PS1 classics mood lately. (I started with the PS1 so I'm catching up to games I never played.)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
The FF DS are... they're not just ports but remakes with things tacked on it all the time. FF4 is a lot harder and much different with the augment system than the original... and the normal monsters can be pretty troll-ish. FF3 I heard that because the DS couldn't handle the number of enemies on a screen at once, they kinda buffed up the numbers on the monsters so that maybe the cause of a lot of grind? Really in general, early FFs don't really age that well haha. It's only FF4 and on when there's more serious attempts at a sensible plot that FF made its name.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've never played a Final Fantasy game in my life, because I was intimidated by commanding 4 players and complex moves the characters learn. Then there's those final bosses that last for more than 15 minutes.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Oh how I adore Final Fantasy, though strategy games have always been enjoyable.

Starting up an Earth-sized match of Civilization V - Gods & Kings edition, & trying to achieve as many consecutive Golden Ages as possible, or trying to win without ever engaging a Barbarian tribe (aside from those that attack your city/(es) ).
It's such a fantastic feeling.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Never played Final Fantasy myself. I always wanted to play it, but I always felt intimidated by the SO MANY games they have, and I'd feel I have to start from FFI so I can get to the latest released game. :(

It's such an amazing game, don't get me wrong. But ahhh le timing and stuff.

Speaking of games in general, I really should get my gaming fix this year. Getting my xbox back from my brother-in-law and getting some games really soon. :D

Years
My PS3 is back in my flat, so I haven't been able to play any new games recently, but I will when I get back.

Regarding Final Fantasy, I have played a lot of the games, but haven't touched any after FFXIII because it was so boring, for me. Any game that makes me do really linear objectives for hours on end, doesn't agree with me.​

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Regarding Final Fantasy, I have played a lot of the games, but haven't touched any after FFXIII because it was so boring, for me. Any game that makes me do really linear objectives for hours on end, doesn't agree with me.​

Wasn't it why Square Enix are constantly making sequels of FFXIII? To give what the fans want to make up for the first game?

Years
Wasn't it why Square Enix are constantly making sequels of FFXIII? To give what the fans want to make up for the first game?

Yeh, maybe so. The damage was done with that game though, so I just went back to playing the old faithful at times. I know that is a very dismissive attitude to have, but I think that FF is a dying franchise and should really be put to bed.

I know they could make some epic RPGs under a different franchise, but the name Final Fantasy is just an easy money spin. :(​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well FFX is amazing, but they still gave it a sequel hahah.

Can Square Enix just go back and make more TWEWY stuff? :(

Years
I shouldn't really be one to judge Final Fantasy since I haven't played it, but from what I've seen it looks like Guild Wars 2 x Skyrim. The spells, the weapons, the Dragons, the movement. On their own though, Guild Wars 2 and Skyrim are quite alike gameplay-wise, the only real difference is that the combat is fought differently and the map, of course.

Speaking of which, I always wondered what it would be like seeing a multiplayer arena in Skyrim. We only ever battle in singleplayer and it would be nice to see some multiplayer action going on, that would make all Elder Scrolls fans happy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Final Fantasy is usually turn-based though. Idk about the newer ones (last one I played was X-2), but the combat system in the older ones I kind of see as the defining factor of FF. So quintessentially FF:

FFIV_Fight.jpg

Years
Ahh, I hadn't actually seen it like that before, I guess it would be better how I firstly imagined FF to be, with open combat. I mean, I find that a lot more convenient and less stressful than turn-based games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
More like a Kingdom Hearts style of combat? If they were going for real that's probably how it would end up. That was pretty fun though imo.

Years
Oh ya, Kingdom Hearts is a great game, hours of fun. I really enjoyed playing that, don't regret wasting hours of life playing that game at all. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back