• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fooled Ya, PC!

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, every April 1st, PC's done some sort of prank on its members, in honor of April Fools Day. Some have been good (Todoroki!) while some have been subpar (Slowpoke?).

April's right around the corner, so I ask you members of PC, what sort of prank would you like to see be done? Who knows, maybe an Hstaff member will see something they like and plan it out! Obviously make sure that it's good!

I'd post the past years' pranks, but sadly, I fail to remember all of them or when they took place. If someone mentions them, I'll edit this post. D;

Past PC April Fool themes someone edit this pl0x:

2004:
2005:
2006: Todoroki
2007: A big whole lotta nothin'
2008: Everybody-Is-A-Mod (or has a bold name anyway) Day.
2009: Everybody looks identical, posts under the name of Todoroki and has no postbit features to tell them apart from anybody else.
2010: Slowpoke Day. On the 3rd.
2011: Applesauce Day (What?)
2012: Lerroux

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Tried searching Todoroki, got middling results, and even one about a banned member named such. What is that exactly? Anyway, for april fools random people should get banned statuses while being able to post to fool others, or perhaps even make all the letters backwards.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'd love to see PC reuse the one prank in 2008 where everyone had their names in bold like they were moderators.

Tried searching Todoroki, got middling results, and even one about a banned member named such. What is that exactly? Anyway, for april fools random people should get banned statuses while being able to post to fool others, or perhaps even make all the letters backwards.

I think they created that account for the prank that year. Todoroki had control of the forums that day and since it was way before my time here that's all I really know about it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I always leave PC for the day (assuming I otherwise would've visited) because I find it disruptive to normal browsing, so I don't even know what it's been for the past few years and I don't care. My answer is, of course, that I'd rather not see them do one ever again, but that's just me being an anhedoniac; I respect that other people enjoy it, so whatever.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd love for something never been done before. Maybe like a server scare, redirecting it to some other site, saying Pokecommunity has been bought out or something. Or just something new. Maybe a funky new theme where it's super annoying where 50% of the time, a link will redirect you to a slowpoke or something.

I loved Todoroki and the Bold April Fools. They were probably my favs.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For a prank, I'd like to see PC "down" for the whole 24 hours by some pretend virus or something like that. Buut thinking about it, that'll freak people out. xD

Favorite prank is a tie between Lerroux and Applesauce day. (I don't think I was around for 2010).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
My favorite prank was 2008 with the usergroup switching. I thought it was the most fun. I also liked the Todoroki 2 prank (I think that was the year after), which I found to be the most entertaining.

Years
I helped with the 2011 prank with the forum names getting changes to random stuff and switching the sections of the mods, haha. And last year I demoted myself and used the Lerroux account to... mingle with some users. >:D

I've liked all the ones I've been here for, and I'd really like to see something like 2008 getting done again with a bit of a twist.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I loved the prank where members were mods and mods were members. As for this year, iunno, maybe we will have a slogan, just for one day. Working on it. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wouldn't mind if we had no AFD prank just to piss people off. lol People get so pissy about the prank though, it's ridiculous. I'd rather just not do one because we have so many spoil sports that post in the AFD thread that is made on that day. It makes it hard for others to enjoy it when so many people are getting riled up for nothing.

Applesauce Day was the best though. js.

Years
Could anyone explain that one? I didn't understand it at all.
The word filters that normally only turn our cuss words into asterisks would change normal, non-offensive words into other words. 'Black' turned into Stunfisk in our posts, 'white' ended up as 'Herdier', and "April fools' turned into applesauce. So anyone who tried to ask what the joke for April Fools day was ended up asking about applesauce day. It was fun. More and more words got changed over the course of the day.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
2009 was my absolute favourite. It was so much fun posting on the DCC being unable to know who you were replying to or who was replying to you. 10/10 would buy again.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Since I was only around for the Lerroux prank, it's my favorite by default, haha. I'd like to see Applesauce Day or Todoroki happen again. They seem fun.

Back