• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update 2

This thread got kicked off my subscription list for some reason lol. Anyways. I still only have my starter Pokemon, since I failed to plan a Pokemon that I can grab early on. Darn the letters in my username. Since Ivysaur is my only Pokemon, you could expect that it's a little over-leveled. That would be a huge understatement, because he is currently level 29 and I only just beat the second Misty. I haven't even left Cerulean yet. If it evolves to a Venasaur before I get my first Pokemon I'm going to die laughing. Since he is twice the level of most Trainer Pokemon, he is pretty much an unstahpable juggernaut that mows down every single Pokemon in his path. I probably seem like a huge troll to all the NPC Trainers. Only my rival managed to give me any trouble and that's because he has 4 decently leveled Pokemon and two of which have a type advantage over Ivysaur. I'm going to be sad once I get my first planned team member and I have to put Ivysaur in the PC. Oh well.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Planned Team
Spoiler:

Years
Haven't had as much time to work on the challenge as I've wanted to, but I've got a couple of days off now, so I should be able to knock out a big chunk of it.

UPDATE #3:
Spoiler:

My original plan was to integrate HMs evenly throughout the team, but that idea's been put on the backburner for now in favor of HM slaves. I probably won't need Tropius anymore once I get my Rhydon and Dodrio, but Marill'll likely be sticking around since I've got no Water types.​

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
I'll go with the last letters instead

Game:Platnium

Kingdra
Illumise
Ludicolo
Lucario
Espeon
Rapidash

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update 3

Badges: 3

Kay, this is update numbuh three of my supah-fantabulous adventure. I defeated Volkner, bringing my badge count up to three. I bet you're wondering what level that Ivysaur is now, amirite? Well, Venasaur is now level 38. Holy crap-balls thats OP. Luckily for any NPC Trainer, I finally caught one of my planned team members and I had to box Venasaur. I caught a Voltorb just outside Rock Tunnel. After catching Voltorb I realized that I would have to proceed through Rock Tunnel with an undertrained Electric-type. Yay. Oh, I also caught a Bellsprout so I could teach it Cut. I need to just start catching some random Pokemon, because I have to catch a certain amount to get items from Prof. Oak's aids that are all over the place. They wouldn't be part of the team, but I got to catch a certain amount to get each item from the aids. Like Flash, which if I don't get will make Rock Tunnel a million times worse. Well, I think that's it, I saved just outside the entrance to Rock Tunnel.​

Current Team
Spoiler:

Planned Team
Spoiler:

Years
Man, every time I get a chance to actually work on my challenge, I forget to post my updates in the thread.

UPDATE #4:
Spoiler:

I'm fairly certain that I left something out in my update, but I guess that happens when I go a few days between getting a chance to play and posting my progress in the thread. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this challenge fairly soon.

Years
Username: Queenditto
Game: Platinum
Team:
(Q)uagsire
(U)mbreon
(E)speon
(E)mpoleon
(N)octowl
(D)rifblim

It's a challenge because I DESPISE Quagsire and Noctowl :/ It's been a while since I've played with any Eeveelutions, and Drifblim should be fun!
Ultimate: No

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Username: TopleyBird
Game: Sapphire

T Tentacruel
O Oddish
P Pinsir
L Lunatone
E Exploud
Y - (There is no legally obtainable pokemon in the hoenn dex that starts with 'Y'
B Blaziken
Wait, I'm allowed to just bypass the Y since I can't use it, right? I don't have the ability to do any hacking or anything.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: TopleyBird
Game: Sapphire

T Tentacruel
O Oddish
P Pinsir
L Lunatone
E Exploud
Y - (There is no legally obtainable pokemon in the hoenn dex that starts with 'Y'
B Blaziken
Wait, I'm allowed to just bypass the Y since I can't use it, right? I don't have the ability to do any hacking or anything.

Yep, you don't have to include a Pokemon with the letter Y in your party since there's no Pokemon in Hoenn that starts with Y :P

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2013
I will be starting this Challenge as my first Challenge ever!

Username JustAm
Game: Pokemon Blue
Pokemon:
J= Jolteon
U= -
S= Slowbro
T= Tangela
A= Articuno
M= Mr Mime

will be a difficult run!

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
I'm kind of interested in this. Probably I'll start one after I finish my Blastoise Solo Run.
My username mostly is TeunCrn. What if I want to do this challenge on Gold, Silver or Crystal? Can I use Typhlosion, when its pre-evolutions are not with a T?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Name: GucciMeme
Game:Gold
Letters:

G- Granbull
U- Ursauring
C(Duplicate)- Crobat
I- Can only use Igglybuff by legal means (playing Gen 2)
M- Meganium
E- Espeon (Yes)

So what would I do about the letter I? I have no other letters left. Should I use my second C or just wait until I obtain Igglybuff?

Overall, strong team. My team will be complete very late in the game, however.

Last edited:
Years
Username: AoTora
Game(s): FireRed
Team(s): Arcanine
Octillery
Tangela
Omastar/Omanyte- keep mixing these two
Rapidash
Azumarill - Will hack in whatever is not in games which is Azumarill and Octillery.

Years
Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed
Letters:

A- Arcanine
O- Omastar
T- Tentacruel or Tangela
O- Octillery
R- Rapidash
A- Azumarill - Will hack in Azumarill and Octillery.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 22, 2015
Username: teaser303
Game(s): Black 2
Team(s): (T)yranitar, (E)mboar, (A)rcanine, (S)awk, (E)elektross, (R)euniclus

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
I'm in, lets do this! (my first challenge)

Username: Lihtal
Game(s): Platinum
Team(s): (L)udicolo (I)nfernape (H)onchcrow (T)oxicroak (A)lakazam (L)eafeon

Will hack to get alakazam.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys, please don't revive challenges that are over two months old. This one was almost a year old, as well. Since so many of you have signed up though, one of you should re-submit a new one and start a thread from scratch!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back