• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Dayum, Fufu

I got a shiny Ho-oh on the 27th--a day before--while en route to Toronto for Anime North.

It only took me 101 soft resets. Sadly, I was forced to throw the Master Ball since it broke out of all 15 of my Fast Balls and all 10 of my Heavy Balls.

My battle strategy was fine. I had a fainted Adamant sync in the lead slot, and a Sunkern @ Focus Sash knowing Endeavour right after. My poisoned Breloom @ Occa Berry was on hand to keep it asleep. It worked like a charm, but the 1HP sleeping Ho-oh would not stay inside any balls.

Pictures will be coming tomorrow once my DS is at home.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congratulations on that shiny Ho-oh capture, MM. It's a splendid shiny, ain't it? Can't wait to see the pictures.

Well as for me, I've been doing quite a bit of Riolu hatching. I'm now at about 1770 eggs, which is a decent amount. Still not 2048, but meh...I got up to 4000 encounters for Spheal and 5000 encounters for Trapinch, but I'm taking a break from Spheal and will hunt for Torkoal instead. I want to try and get at all the Fire and Dragon type shinies, so getting a shiny Spheal is not really a top priority at the moment.

Getting a shiny Wooper, on the other hand, is a top priority, because I want to soft reset for shiny Entei and Raikou! I'm on Day 27 of encountering for it. I've also started counting my SRs for Piplup again; even though the count will be completely inaccurate because I've done a few months worth of soft resetting without counting, but for some reason, I just can't seem to find the motivation for it unless I have some sort of count going on. Oh well.

Good luck everyone, and happy shiny hunting.

Edit: I'm going to begin SRing for a shiny Heatran soon as well. I did a few SRs for it in the past, but I never counted them. The more I look at its shiny sprite, the more I want it, haha.

Last edited:
Years
Hey there Shiny Hunters! If I could, I'd like to join this amazing club.

To be honest, I only just started Shiny Hunting, and I've never been lucky enough to encounter a random Shiny, so all I've got for now is my Shiny Scizor that I got using the Masuda Method after only 138 hatches. Right now I'm EV training my team with help from the Poke Radar, so maybe I'll encounter a Shiny or two if I'm lucky.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Yo, people! I've been chilling from my hunts, just leveling and bonding with my Pokémon as I play through Soul Silver (just got to Kanto). While going to Mr.Pokémon to grab myself an Exp.Share (I was trying to train a Magmar to trade over the GTS), I found a Shiny Pidgey, hurray!
I was giddy, so I didn't really take a picture of me finding it, but here are some pictures of it as a Pidgeotto. :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kirazu is lookin' cool! Speaking of which, I should make some sort of Shiny card template for myself, mmm...
*Gets to work*

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congratulations on your shiny Pidgey, Runa! Adamant is a really decent nature for the Pidgey family. And I truly hope you keep it has a Pidgeotto; shiny Pidgeot is not nearly as nice. :p

As for me....well, people...I've done it!

Actually, for about nine hours now, I have done it.

Last night at about 11:16 PM, my 50th shiny appeared on my FireRed. It took 5,086 encounters, so it appeared VERY quickly for me. And I am very happy about that. ^_^

And what is the shiny you ask?

Well...it is...

Spoiler:

It took four years, and countless amount of hunting, but I've done it. I now have 50 of my own 1/8192 shinies. Although this number is large, and I am more the delighted with every last one of my shinies, I am not yet satisfied. There are many more shinies I wish to obtain. Oh no, my friends, 50 shinies is not enough to appease me! :p

Here is the video for those who wish to watch:

Another fire-type shiny?

Thank you for all the shiny hunters here that have supported me thus far, and good luck to you all as well. Hopefully next up will be shiny Riolu...

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Wow, congratulations! 50 shinies, dayum... I'm not as fervently commited to Shiny Hunting as I am to perfectionistic breeding (500+ hours in both my gone Sapphire and my Pearl mostly out of that) and I have yet to get a Shiny from that method. *Sniff* Over 5000 Torchic eggs in Emerald and no Shiny. :P
Never got to finish that hunt, since my old Pokémon games were stolen a long time ago (along with the two Shiny Tentacruel and a Crobat I had back then)
These days, I have, uh... Five Shinies! (not counting Gyarados)
1/8192 - Tentacruel, Floatzel (trade with a trusted friend), Pidgey
1/500 (if I'm not mistaken about the Radar) - Staraptor (one of the best shinies ever), Crobat (Radar'd him because I used to have one a long time ago on my Crystal - and along with that, a Poliwag from a Gold ROM a looooong time ago... Was my first non-Gyara Shiny. Good times.

...Still not even nearly as many as you have. I commend you for your efforts and sticking to the big 2^13! I plan to follow that plan - breeding for good IVs gives me an excuse to hunt that way. ;) (I'll ignore the Masuda method exists).

As for evolving Kirazu... I'll have to investigate, see which sprites I think look better. I also have an awkward tendency to start liking the final evolved form more than the one I previously preferred (I was scared by Shiny Crobat and wanted to keep mine a Zubat - my opinion changed after a while, somehow).

Anyway, I'll be lurkin' and trekking through Lavender! *Salutes*

EDIT: Shiny Pidgeot looks AWESOME from the front (in HG/SS, that is). I'll have to check which back sprite looks best (since that's what you're stuck with, most of the time).

EDIT2: Yeeeeeah, I'm going to evolve her into a Pidgeot. While I have higher regards for Pidgeotto's design, Shiny Pidgeot benefits from better colouring and a better back sprite pose - I find it properly fitting for a female. :P

017_s.png
Spr_4h_018_s.png

Spr_b_g4_017_s.png
Spr_b_g4_018_s.png

Also, what do ya think of my new signature card?
The symbols that pop up for each Pokémon signify how it was acquired:
Leaf - Wild encounter
Sudowoodo - Reset
Pokéball with arrow - Trade
Egg - Breeding
Pokédex thing - Radar
Super Nerd - Nintendo assistance - turned on in conjunction with the egg to indicate Masuda method or with the Trade symbol to indicate event shinies like the Shiny Zigzagoon from Pokémon Center establishments or the beast shinies (new movie in Japan, free Shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou if buying the ticket ahead of time)

I guess you could also do Sudo + Nerd to indicate the Shiny Gyarados. :P

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I personally like your new card, Runa. It's rather creative!

I also forgot to post here yesterday about my brand spankin' new shiny Adamant Trapinch. :) Well, she's a Flygon now, but I still love her. :D

Video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfm2BRvSNEg

I also have some high quality pictures, but I'm too lazy to copy + paste them from my photobucket at the moment. :p

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Oooh, Shiny Trapinch! I rather prefer the normal version of Flygon, but that's pretty cool too, congratulations! Seems I passed my Adamant luck to you. :D
Right now, I'm resettin' for Shaymin... My bro really wants to finish his Diamond, sometime! (mwahaha, tweaking is fun). We'll have to see how this goes. ;)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Congrats on the Shiny Goldeen, Halo! By the way, you may want to double-check the coding in your signature - your HG FC is attached to the Pokémon Mythic Legends tag and the thing as a whole is linking to an aglomerate of three URLs. :P

I haven't been hunting much lately - amusing myself with trying out the RNG abuse technique and making some friends happy to get their dream Shiny (they're not Shiny Hunters, so if they don't mind it, who am I to care? Hehe). It's fun, I'm organising a box with giveaway Shinies, everything else about them is randomized. Who knows, giving Shinies away may give people an incentive to start Shiny Hunting, someday!

Years
Congrats on the Shiny Goldeen, Halo! By the way, you may want to double-check the coding in your signature - your HG FC is attached to the Pokémon Mythic Legends tag and the thing as a whole is linking to an aglomerate of three URLs. :P

I haven't been hunting much lately - amusing myself with trying out the RNG abuse technique and making some friends happy to get their dream Shiny (they're not Shiny Hunters, so if they don't mind it, who am I to care? Hehe). It's fun, I'm organising a box with giveaway Shinies, everything else about them is randomized. Who knows, giving Shinies away may give people an incentive to start Shiny Hunting, someday!

thanks, and Ill try to fix it. i saw it by chance, since I had the game moving at about 2500%, so i didnt see the sparkle, but I noticed it was different than the other ones I were fighting this morning.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Good luck with that Shaymin, Runa. ^_^

As for me...well...it is finally complete.

Spoiler:

The video and other pictures arrive tomorrow. I never took any other pictures of my shiny Riolu as a Riolu, so the picturse of its nature and stuff will be of it as a Lucario. Sorry if that bothers anyone.

Edit:
Me from Serebii said:
Thank you to everyone who congratulated me. It means a lot to be recognized! I do not deny that I am lucky...but at the same time, I am also a dedicated shiny hunter, and I feel as though my hard work has paid off!

And now, as a reward for your patience (or rather, the result of my sleepiness :p) here are the pictures and video.

HADOUKEN!! actually makes more sense...

Spoiler:

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
im gonna be hunting for shinies now, however i dont wanna do crap so i do it old style, going through routes endlessly until i find shinies, sofar ive found magneton, trapinch, and croagunk! so please add me to the club!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well, It's been some time.
Hope everyone is ok and congrats on new shinies.
For now I'm going to list all the shinies I have got the period I wasn't online.
Here goes: cranidos, ditto, ponyta, mightyena, giratina, bidoof (3), Kriketune
(3), snover, pachirisu, spiritomb, chikorita and totodile.
Of course they're not in that order.
I'm making an album of all the shinies I have gotten.
Mesprit was a disaster, I did a mistake and ended catching a normal one.
MY current target is regigigas.
I guess that's all for now.

See you everyone and happy hunting.

PD: some of my shinies were found by pokeradar.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Dang, no one has posted for two weeks. :o

Well, I got three new shinies to share with you all (if anyone still visits this thread): Totodile, Ponyta, and Solrock. Totodile and Ponyta were obtained yesterday, and Solrock was obtained today. They're all 1/8192 shinies, so I'm just having uber-ridiculous-unfair luck.

Good luck to everyone else!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Can I join? I have a shiny shamin, murkrow, and weavile. I probably won't be able to post much unless I can post on my dsi, but I am without my dsi for a month.

Last edited:

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Hey everyone, I don't know if there's anyone here that would still remember me, but I was one of the original shiny hunters, back when this club was started (like 6 years ago). I'm the number 2 post in this thread and was officially the "Shiny Pokedex Updater" lol. Anyway, I was bored so I just decided to drop by and see how this thread was going, and I'm surprised (and happy) too find that it's still alive and people are still posting.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
YES, FINALLY!!!! 21,327 Pokemon seen since my last shiny, and it is finally here...

After 13,602 soft resets between my FireRed and LeafGreen...I have finally obtained a shiny Eevee! It appeared on my LeafGreen, and it is absolutely magnificent!

I have no camera on me at the moment, and I will not have one until late tomorrow. But for now, here is the information on it.

Naive nature
caught at level 25. 8:17 PM
Stats
HP: 67
Attack: 40
Defense: 34
SAtk: 27
SDef: 35
Speed: 40

It will undoubtedly become a Flareon. :) :) :)

Edit: And this is the fifth point for my team. :)

Edit2:
Spoiler:

The video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/pFMTj9sJ3PI

Last edited:
Back