• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs (Rated T)

King!

better
Years
Thank you, Arcaray. :D

And yeah, 30 seems about right... Right now, the plot I have has half of that, but that is with about two fillers and basic things. I have no idea how your characters are going to react with the news, and they could bring more ideas/missions. And I still need to think up a bit....so let's say thirty is around where this is hopefully going to go. :D

miley810

Assassin
Years
Post three

Adriane went to her cabin and plopped down on her bed, sitting the baby Larvitar next to her. She smiled at Adriane. Adriane smiled back, and worked on thinking for a nickname. After about seven minutes of thinnking, she desided on a name.

"Like the name Jade, girl?"Adriane asked.

"Larvi Larvi Larvitar!"The larvitar said exitedly.

"Jade it is."Adriane sat patting Jade on the head, before pulling the pokemon into a one armed hug.

"I can't believe I finally got a larvitar! I've wanted one for sooooo long!"She exclaimed happily.

Jade picked up her journal and began writing, not wanting to wait till tonight to write about this. Jade jumped off the bed and began running around happily. Jade finished and sat down her journal and pen. She watched the speedy thing run around.

"Your a fast little dinosaur arn't ya."Adriane said scooping up Jade when she ran by the bed.

"Larvitar!"Jade said happily.

"Well, you seem to like me, thats a plus."Adriane said."I'd hate to have a pokemon that didn't like me if I were their trianer."

Jade nodded, which left Adriane wondering if this baby Larvitar could really understand what she was saying or not.

(Ooc: Sorry its so short, but I forgot to put in the nickname for Larvitar.)

King!

better
Years
@miley810 - It's fine. Nice post, and now Larvitar has a name. :D

@Everyone- FINALLY A FINISHED THE OOC THREAD FOR A SECOND TIME. YYYYYYES! So once that is up, and Snoe Phoenix has posted an SU, and Fearless Love finishes up (I think?) then we'll get rolling! :3

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
OOC: FINALLY! After many, many, many deletions on this chapters part. I finally have it done. Though, only like..2,500 words or something like that. Man, me is tired after writing so much so many times :D

Chapter 3 - continued

Cheyenne saw the three eggs. She observed them and watch them for a second, trying to identify hers. As soon as her eyes landed on one of them, the image from her camera popped into her head, and she knew it was hers. Caterpie jumped out of her arms, rushing quickly to the egg. When it did that, she giggled, watching as Caterpie cuddled the egg. She shook her head and walked towards the egg.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that Valentine had yet to move towards their eggs. She found this slightly odd, but at the same time, it didn't mean much. So she just shook it off and stepped closer to the egg and the Caterpie. She stopped directly in front of them, shaking her head at the small Pokemon.

Picking up the egg and Caterpie, she cradled both of them in her arms. She had lost this egg once already, and she had no intention of doing so again. She smiled at Caterpie, and used one hand to pat its head.

"Next time, pay closer attention." she mumbled to the small creature, giggling softly.

In response, Caterpie stopped rubbing the egg, and shifted its eyes up to Cheyenne. She titled her head to the side, patting its head again. The Caterpie wiggled out of her grasp, nudging the egg. Cheyenne gasped when the egg was pushed out of her arms, and she quickly leaned down, hoping to catch it before it hit the ground. This only caused her to land on the ground, Caterpie being thrown to the side. The egg wound up landing in her lap, causing Cheyenne to let out a long sigh.

She rubbed her hand across the egg, checking for any damage that may have been done to it. When she noticed a small crack on it, she furrowed her brow and rubbed a finger across the crack. She hoped this hadn't harmed the Pokemon inside the egg in anyway. As she rubbed the crack, and found that her finger was going farther up the egg, which meant the crack was going farther up the egg.

"What the...hell?" she asked, turning the egg around, watching as the crack went farther up and around the egg.

She followed the crack with both her finger and her eyes. As she traced it, the crack finally stopped when it met back up with the spot in which the crack originated. She felt the egg shake lightly, and she removed her finger from the crack. She eyed it curiously, eyes widening as the egg began to open up.

Cheyenne sent a glance to Jae and Valentine, pointing to her egg. "Um..something's happening to my..." her voice trailed off, seeing that both of their eggs were doing similar actions.

She slowly turned her eyes back to her egg. She watched as the top of the egg bobbed up, or tried to anyway. She smiled lightly at this, seeing the egg repeat this action several times. As it seemed to have some troubles, Cheyenne put had hand on the top of the egg, gently lifting up on it. When she did this, something pulled the top right back on, and she laughed. Whatever Pokemon was in there, didn't seem to want out.

Or maybe it's just shy... she thought, and lifted the top up again, this time pulling it away so the creature couldn't reach it.

Two little paws reached out against the edge of the egg. She waited and watched as little red eyes came and peered out of the darkness of the egg. As its paws pressed harder against the side of the egg, a little body began pushing out of the top. It poked its head out, and she giggled at its floppy, black ears. It sniffed the air, scanning the area. Then, it turned its eyes to her, looking her up and down.

She reached her hand over to pet its head, but her hand was smacked away by one of its small paws. It glared at her, then glanced around, pushing itself out of the egg. She crossed her arms and leaned back a little, spreading her legs, giving the small Pokemon enough room for itself.

"Well you're a feisty little guy." she mumbled. "And you're so...blue."

As she Pokemon pushed itself fully out of the egg, she watched as the egg shattered beneath it, causing the small blue creature to land on its bottom. She scoffed and smirked at it. Served it right. It send another glare in her direction, crossing its arms in front of her.

Cheyenne just rolled her eyes and leaned her head back, seeing that both Jae and Valentine's eggs had hatched as well. She did recognize both of their Pokemon, which bothered her in the fact that she had no recollection of what the name of her's was. Both of the other two ranchers seemed rather happy with their little hatchlings, which caused her to smile.

She pulled her eyes back to the creature sitting in front of her. She let her hands rest on the ground beside her, leaning forward slightly towards the creature. She cracked a small smile when the small Pokemon mirrored her actions. She lifted one hand in the air, waving one of her fingers around. The little blue Pokemon did the same, still sending her a glare.

He's just...a baby. He doesn't know what's going on. He's curious...

Cheyenne just shook her head and closed her eyes, leaning her head back again. She had one odd little Pokemon on her hands. It was bugging her that she couldn't remember the dang things name...but she would sooner or later. She didn't go through all that school for nothing.

She lifted a hand to fondle with the camera around her neck, humming to a random song in her head. She wasn't sure what she was suppose to be doing, she just wanted to do something. Her little egg was safe and sound, fully hatched. That was what she was suppose to do. Retrieve it. Now what?

Letting out a sigh, she slowly opened her eyes, staring up at the green leaves scattered atop the tree above her. She squinted her eyes, noticing small, blue bits inside the green. She must have been seeing things. Blue and green were so similar, and she was just tired. She just needed some rest.

She reached a hand up to rub her eyes, trying to clear any sleep from them. She held her eyes closed for a moment, letting her eyes adjust. Before she prepared to open them again, she heard the others make some sort of noise. She just ignored it. They were outside, and they all had their Pokemon, why wouldn't they be moving around and making noise?

When Cheyenne finally did open her eyes, she jumped in surprise. Those little blue specs mixed into the green leaves now had something else added to the mix...eyes. Big, round eyes...staring straight at her.

"Guys...we've got some little friends on our hands..." she said slowly, not moving, "and the don't look...happy."

Right after her sentence, some of those blue, big eyed Pokemon began swooping down towards her. She cursed under her breath and quickly scrambled to her feet, wrapping an arm her new baby Pokemon. Whatever these things were, they were attacking the three of them, and they definitely weren't happy that they were here.

Cheyenne bit her lip and made a split second decision. She stopped running for a second, spinning around and pulling her camera up. Stupid time to take a picture, but she had to do it. She had to record the moment. And she needed time to see what the Pokemon was. Time she didn't have. So she quickly hit down on the button to take a picture. It might be blurry, but it would be enough for her memory.

As soon as she did that, she ducked down and crawled to a tree. She held her Pokemon tightly, closing her eyes, hoping that those...things wouldn't notice she was there. She could hear them. They were searching. Quickly, she pulled her camera up and turned to the photo she took. She furrowed her brow as she observed the Pokemon in the picture, analyzing it.

Zubat. She concluded, letting the camera fall back around her neck. She leaned her head back, closing her eyes again tightly. Please pass by us. Please pass by us. Please, please, oh please pass by us...

Her hands dropped her Pokemon as a loud screech shot into her ear drums. She covered her ears with her hands, gasping at the pain that shot through her head. She felt the little Pokemon she had been holding claw at her legs, obviously in pain from the noise as well.

Sitting here and getting our ears blown off isn't getting us anywhere!

She took her hands away from her ears, wincing at the pain that shot through her, scooping up her Pokemon. As she ran, her eyes remained slightly closed, due to the pain in her head. That Zubat continued screeching at her, and she continued running through the woods.

She cursed under her breath as she glanced around, trying to find her way back to the Ranch. It seemed most of the Zubats had gone after the other two, which was good for her but horrible for the others. A thought crossed her mind that she had a Pokemon with her now...but she didn't know anything about it. She might have, but her brain wasn't registering its information. Without any recall of the Pokemon, she didn't know its type, and without that, she couldn't call out an attack. Plus, it was a baby, it might not even know very many.

I am so screwed. she thought to herself, glancing back over her shoulder for a moment, judging the distance between her and the Zubats that were following her. If she couldn't run any faster, this thing was going to get her and her little baby Pokemon. Cursing again, she turned her head back around, and just as she did, she lost her footing, tripping and landing on the ground.

Cheyenne yelped in pain, feeling an aching feeling in her right leg. She bit down hard on her lip, pushing herself up, into a sitting position. She rubbed a finger across her lip, feeling the blood that was leaking out. She glanced around, seeing her little Pokemon rubbing it's head, resting against a nearby tree. The Zubats were almost at her, and she tried pushing herself so she was standing up.

She squeezed her eyes shut, reaching a hand down and wrapping it around her ankle. She cursed again, biting down hard on her lip, which only caused her more pain due to the cut that had appeared on it during the fall. She tried applying pressure to it again...no such luck. That just made her scream out in pain. Her ankle was definitely broken, or at least twisted. Either way, standing right now, wasn't an option.

Just as she closed her eyes to think, she heard the Zubats cry out. She jumped in shock, turning her head to see the Zubats. They were covered in string, seemingly having a hard time breaking free. She spun her head around, seeing her little Caterpie nuzzling up to her new Pokemon. Knowing she needed to take advantage of the situation, she managed to scramble over to her Pokemon.

"W-we gotta get out of here." she put her hand on the base of the tree, standing up. She bit down hard on her lip, ignoring that pain, focusing more on the one in her leg.

She scooped the two in her arms, and started limping back to the ranch, having to keep her hand on nearby trees to stay standing, and occasionally kept falling. Though, at some point, she had to stop momentarily, and when she did, she felt a stinging sensation in her neck. She gasped at the pain, leaning against the tree that was holding her up. She accidentally dropped the Pokemon, sending a hand to rub her neck. She glanced back, and saw that one of the Zubat had broken free.

I have a broken ankle...and a possibly poisonous pain in my neck...oh lorshy I need help!

Just as she was prepared to panic, she felt the Zubat nearing her, and she shouted, "Help!"

Just then, Caterpie shot out more string, wrapping around the Zubat's wings, causing it to fall to the ground. Once it did that, the small bug began tackling it, much to the bat's protest. Cheyenne heard that Pokemon whimper as the bug tackled and whacked at the Pokemon, and she suddenly began to feel bad.

She reached her hand out. "S-stop! Caterpie." she called, "Stop."

The Caterpie send her a weird look, but just continued attacking the Zubat. Cheyenne sighed, feeling sorry for the poor Pokemon. She felt a nudge on her hand and looked over at her Pokemon. It had its arms crossed and inclined its head towards the Zubat.

"C-can you do something little guy?" she asked.

The small, blue and black Pokemon nodded. She watched with curious eyes as her Pokemon walked over to the Caterpie. Once it stopped behind the other Pokemon, it tapped on its shoulder, making it turn around. Cheyenne began laughing when she saw her Pokemon slap the Caterpie. That was...unusual. Perhaps her Pokemon didn't know any attacks yet...so it used a natural ability.

"A-alright you two! C'mon, we need to get out of here." she said.

Both her Pokemon and the Caterpie walked over to her. She saw the Caterpie lean over her ankle, and furrowed her brow in curiosity. She felt a small tug on her ankle and winced. The Caterpie pulled away after a minute, and she smiled.

"Hu? A string bandage." she giggled. "Well, you're a creative bunch." she said, standing up. The pain in her ankle hadn't ceased, but she needed to get back to the Ranch. So she didn't have much of a choice but to walk. "Let's go you two."

Suddenly, something hit her. Information. She squealed with joy. Riolu. That's what that thing is! A Riolu.

- - - - - - - - -

Cheyenne sighed, leaning against the side of the middle building. She had finally made it back to the Ranch, and she was beyond exhausted. It wasn't the running from the Pokemon itself that hurt her. It was walking all that way back, with her ankle the way it was.

She managed to limp her way inside, still wincing. Her ankle might stop hurting once she rested it. But for now, the constant walking on it, was causing her a lot of pain. She looked around once inside, her eyes falling on a familiar face.

Jae. The girl that was with Valentine.

She saw some blood on her, and this made her wince as well. Here she was, complaining about her injured ankle and the aching in her neck, when something worse could have happened to this girl. Though she kind of figured that this girl could take care of herself, and she had no reason to worry.

Her head turned, hearing someone else enter. It was Valentine.

Well, at least they both made it okay...

He had more blood on him than Jae, and she began to worry about the two of them. They both seemed more mad than hurt. For what reason, she had no idea.

Letting out another sigh, she leaned against the door frame, lifting her foot of the ground. It felt good to relieve the pressure. And she was so tired. She just wanted to sleep. She leaned her head against the wall, closing her eyes.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Jewel finally trudged back to the main building. She looked around the room and saw that others were as horrible looking as she was. She picked a spot on the floor and laid there, her Sneasel on her stomach. "I want to sleep so bad right now", she said. Sneasel nodded, agreeing with her trainer. She sat up and scooted back to lean against the wall.

King!

better
Years
KoboraX - YAYAYAYAY! Someone reserved. EEEEEEP! Yes, Egg 13 is reserved for you. :3

Fearless Love - lol, it's still really long. AT LEAST IT'S DONE :D Awww.... Riolu is so cute~ <3 And Caterpie. :3 GEH. Great post.

@DarkAngel91 - lol, nice closing up for this mission. :3 But no sleeping just yet! Well...you'll see.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: Tyrant Storm

Appearance: (Just how your character looks. Both body-wise, and clothing. One or two paragraphs, please.)

Personality: (How your character acts. This can include things they're good at, as well as fears. Again, one or two paragraphs.)

History: (At least two paragraphs, which shouldn't be hard. Why they attended Richmount, and what they did to not graduate. What happened to their family? Feel free to be as tragic as you like (well, I guess not TOO bad). After all, you are homeless!)

Main Goal/Interest: Trainer
Egg Number: 13
Other: (Just anything else you'd like to add that doesn't fit the above categories. This is optional.)

RP Sample:

From Legendary Rebels
Spoiler:

King!

better
Years
@KoboraX - Looks good so far. I'm making the next mission as if you've already been accepted, so that I won't have to change anything if you are, which you probably will be. So once you get all that stuff done, VM me and I'll let you know what is going on/has already gone on. Thanks! :)

@Everyone - *sigh* The long awaited Mission 4...is.....HERE! n_____n
Mission 4: Let The Games Begin!
(2-3 Posts)
Okay, okay, everyone settle down. It looks like you've all found your Pokemon, so we're cool now, right? I knew you would, anyways. And it looks like everyone did a splendid job....some, more than others. But you're all here now, so it's okay! I suppose I must tell the truth... I was the one to take your eggs! I know, shocking right? Well...maybe not. I knew some of you were on to me. But don't get your underwear in a bunch over it! I know what I did was wrong, but it was I that gave you the eggs in the first place, no?

Besides, this was the first in a line of tasks that you will be facing over the next few weeks. Yes - every summer, all of the students sent here participate in an event called the Rancher Games. There will be one or two winners of these tasks. Each task, some will be eliminated, until we have our winners remaining. And the winner...will recieve a lightened work load, as well as a one-on-one session with the Breeding Master himself. Don't worry, it isn't me! Our special guest will arrive soon after our games end.

But for now, let's get rolling with the first task! The first round is simple. It will be a regular Pokemon battle against one of the other ranchers here. The battles will take place in three days - so you have some time to get to know your new Pokemon. It will be a standard battle out here, just in front of the middle cabin. So now for the match-ups...

Joshua will be fighting Sylvia
Jae will be fighting Dominic
Jewel will fight Cameron
Alice will go against Lucy
Cheyenne will battle Damian
Tyrant will fight Diana
Adrienne will be battling Richard
and Valentine will battle Cynthia

Does everybody understand?

Mission objective: The main object of this mission is a battle with one of the NPC's. It is up to you whether or not you decide to win the battle. Both winning and losing will prove to be beneficial to your character. It is also up to you whether or not you skip right to the battle, or you spend time doing things before hand in the two days between now and then. Feel free to use any part of the ranch (if you are a new character, the location section of the OOC thread will be up soon) to train your Pokemon for levels or moves, or complete tasks like farming, cooking, cleaning, or researching for things from Derek. Once again, you are free to be creative with how you act here. Use the OOC thread as your main resource - it has full profiles on each of your opponents, including the egg move their Pokemon has and their personality. You are allowed to bunny the NPC you have gone against, but no big changes on their part. Any questions belong in the OOC thread - good luck, Ranchers!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
The intro for this mission for Valentine :3
You know me, I'll end up writing half and entire forum page when I get into it, but for right now, satisfy yourself with this decently sized post:

Valentine stared into Derek's eyes as he began talking. Derek seemed to be a bit cautious about whether or not to bring up the blood the drenched him, but Valentine's eyes begged him to do so. Begged. The rawest form of rage burned in Valentine's soul, creating an intimidating gleam in his eyes. Say it. Say something about the blood. Notice me. I dare you to defy you did this. You planned this. And you've failed to kill me. You-

Valentine stopped mid-thought. After reviewing what he just said, boy, was he crazy. He shook his head. This was lunacy. All this had a perfect explanation. The eggs were stolen and hidden in the woods by some prick. They went out and it just so happened that the group Valentine was in ended up in Zubat territory. It was just a prank. Valentine sighed as Derek started talking.

"Okay, okay, everyone settle down. It looks like you've all found your Pokémon, so we're cool now, right? I knew you would, anyways. And it looks like everyone did a splendid job....some, more than others. But you're all here now, so it's okay!"

Valentine just heard the reference to him in the word "some." Here he was, standing in a room of student ranchers, drenched in blood that was too copious to be his own with a tiny sleeping dragon in his arms that was so bathed in the same red substance, that one wouldn't even notice that it was actually indigo in skin color. A thought snapped into his mind. Jae. He looked around, spotting Jae on a couch near him. She was also covered in quite a bit of blood, but definitely not as much as Valentine. She was smiling for some reason, probably taking in the infamy from people gawking at her and using it to replenish the wickedness in her heart. She was also seen going into the woods with Valentine, so maybe this was the only time she was actually happy to be associated with him.

The camera girl. Um, Cheyenne. Valentine scanned the room for her also. He found her raising her obviously injured leg in the air, with a slight bite mark on her neck. Valentine turned back to Derek, happy that all three of the made it out alive. It would seem pretty bad if their stories ended there in that forest. Valentine started to wonder about death again- how sudden it was, and yet, we all prepare for it our entire lives. And how he himself wanted to die spectacularly, instead of being taken out by a pesky group of carnivorous little bats. He would've continued his thoughts if Derek had not began to speak again.

"I suppose I must tell the truth... I was the one to take your eggs! I know, shocking right? Well...maybe not. I knew some of you were on to me. But don't get your underwear in a bunch over it! I know what I did was wrong, but it was I that gave you the eggs in the first place, no?

....That. Um. I- I freaking called it.

"Besides, this was the first in a line of tasks that you will be facing over the next few weeks. Yes - every summer, all of the students sent here participate in an event called the Rancher Games. There will be one or two winners of these tasks. Each task, some will be eliminated, until we have our winners remaining. And the winner...will receive a lightened work load, as well as a one-on-one session with the Breeding Master himself. Don't worry, it isn't me! Our special guest will arrive soon after our games end."

So, apparently, Derek's plan to kill us all was, in fact, just the beginning to all the madness. I guess he just wanted to kill off the weaker ones first. Or maybe he was just stupid. Either one makes sense. Valentine seemed interested to meet this certain "Breeding Master." Maybe this could his chance to expose Derek....

But for what, exactly? Valentine searched through his head for all the logic he previously had made before. It didn't add up. An abandon cabin with recent files that included every little detail about the ranchers and a beautifully clean switchblade. Eggs with untold powers residing in them like genetic experiments, and they were rare Pokémon that would have to be imported. Derek the murderer. All the ideas about his time on the Ranch unfolded before his eyes like a spider web burning and turning to ash.

If those files were Derek's, why would he need them if he planned to just kill them all, anyway? Why would he kill us if Richmount would obviously notice that students have gone missing here? This was a breeding ranch, but who was getting the Pokémon....?

Nothing made sense anymore. But for some reason, Valentine felt at peace. His mind was quite calm now, like a tension just let loose. Valentine looked at his person once more. Holy crap, I'm covered in blood! Dude!

"But for now, let's get rolling with the first task! The first round is simple. It will be a regular Pokémon battle against one of the other ranchers here. The battles will take place in three days - so you have some time to get to know your new Pokémon. It will be a standard battle out here, just in front of the middle cabin. So now for the match-ups...

...and Valentine will battle Cynthia. Does everybody understand?"

Valentine felt a bit disappointed that it wasn't Jae he'd be facing, for some odd reason. Valentine looked around the room curiously. Who was Cynthia? There was this one girl, dressed in as much purple as one could imagine, who glanced a bit uneasily at the boy smothered with blood. Well that's understandable, I guess. I wouldn't trust me either. Especially not even after the insane way I've been thinking recently.

King!

better
Years
@Kiyoshi - xDDDDDDDD Valentine is so...er...suspicious. But maybe with good reason. ;) He is going quite insane.... Nice beginning! :3

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
OOC: A bit mellow compared to what I usually like typing, but meh... next post will be more exciting and I love Snover <3

"A Snover, eh?"

Joshua fiddled with one of his newly hatched partner's spikes. Sn-sn-snchoo. The Snover sneezed a set of icy grains on Joshua's shirt. "Snover! Snover!" the Pokemon chatted excitedly. Joshua retracted his hand and stared at his shirt. Just great. He sighed while moving his Pokemon from the chair to one of the nearby desks in the study.

Today had been a bit much for him. First he was forced to take care of some random egg. Although at first happy, the egg proved to be a burden. Joshua was not cut out for taking care of an egg nor harvesting. Especially when the two needed to be done together. He grimaced as he remembered the dreadful encounter with the Caterpie. His hands had gotten so sticky while wrestling for the egg against that bug type. Joshua looked down at his hands. Now they were only cold from wiping up the Pokemon snot. He shrugged his thoughts off and continued looking for the books. He pulled out Growing that Grass and Through Snow and Sleet. He placed the former in the center of a desk that lay opposite his Snover and the other to the side of the same desk. He promptly sat down and began skimming through Growing that Grass.

His Snover stared curiously at him. "Sno-ver?" The Pokemon brought up one of its bramble arms to scratch its head. Joshua ignored his Snover. Instead he had thrown himself into his research so that he could begin training his Pokemon. His fingers turned the pages of the book rapidly as he began searching the pages for Grass type moves, but they stopped abruptly when he reached the key term "Forest." Joshua moaned loudly, causing his Pokemon, who had begun roaming the room with his eyes, to stumble backwards in shock. "Sno-ver?" Once again the Pokemon was ignored as Joshua remembered yet again the events of today. The egg had been stolen and he was sent to retrieve it. When his battered body finally got the blasted thing, he received more discouraging words.

"Test? Contest? Bwaah… I don't need this…" he muttered to himself. His Snover stared keenly at the weird moving thing that he could only assume was his mother. After all, Joshua had been the only thing out there that was moving when he had hatched out in those woods. But would Snover's mother be so different from Snover and why isn't Snover's mother playing with Snover? The young Pokemon hopped down from the desk that it was on and waddled over to Joshua. "Sno-ver?" the Snover asked quizzically one last time while scratching its head again.

"And what's worse…" Joshua continued ranting. "Is that…" He was cut off by the rocketing Pokemon. "Snover!" His Pokemon had used some sort of head butt or tackle or head bashing move on his hand. Joshua winced in pain. He stared back at it his Pokemon. "Snover! Snover! Snover!" his Pokemon shouted furiously while flailing its arms.

Joshua blinked once and shook out his hand. Must be lonely. He picked up the Snover with his uninjured and moved the Pokemon onto his lap. I don't really know how to take care of babies… He petted the Snover on his head. Is this right? The Snover purred in his lap and nestled against Joshua's chest. He smiled awkwardly and continued petting his Pokemon. "That's right. You're my first Pokemon, Patient, and Partner." The Snover dosed off. Joshua giggled lightly to himself.

While Snover slept, Joshua continued his research. He cross-referenced the two books to come up with a fairly accurate list (at least in his mind) of attacks that his Pokemon should be able to learn: Leer, Powder Snow, and Razor Leaf. He looked down at his sleeping Pokemon once more. "Leer, Powder Snow, and Razor Leaf." He yawned and patted his Pokemon. It was late enough now and since Snover was already asleep, he decided to head off to the dorms for sleep. He carried his first Pokemon carefully and crashed on the bed with Snover sleeping on a desk somewhere in the room. As he slept, he couldn't help but think of the attack that Snover had used to get his attention. It didn't look like Leer, Power Snow, or Razor Leaf.

King!

better
Years
@Snow Phoenix - 'the Snover purred in his lap'. Awkwardest. Picture. Ever. Nice post, though. :3 Looking forward to more from you.

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Jewel growled. She got up and her Sneasel was just as angry as she was. "YOU STOLE OUR EGGS?!", She yelled. She was soft-spoken and very rarely ever yelled. Her Sneasel clawed her leg. " Momma, calm down! He's not worth it! I'm perfectly fine! ", Raven said. Jewel took a deep breath and bent down to pat her Sneasel's head. "I know your fine, but I was still scared that I wouldn't find you", she said. Jewel listened to what he was saying. "Ok, but first, and I'm pretty sure I can vouche for everyone, Showers are a number one priority for us.", she said. She picked up Sneasel and Rattata and headed to her room to grab a towel and a new change of clothes. She took a cold shower and was done in 15 minutes. She went back to her room and brushed her hair out. She was wearing a blue tee shirt and blue jeans with blue converse.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
It was another long, gruesome walk back to the ranch. Alice's feet were sore, though her newest pokemon partner didn't seem at all effected, trotting around its trainer and resembling a small child. She would have raced along with the Deino, but she was exhausted. The girl wasn't very active. Ever. Getting up each morning was enough of a challenge. Stepping past some of the other students, her head shifted back to see the boy from earlier. He had...red stuff on him? Blood? The same was for the girl in the lab coat, though her wounds weren't as severe. Alice felt a good amount of concern for the both of them.

They arrived soon enough, Midna sneaking through the large crowd of students and Alice daring to chase her.

"Stop running already, get over he-"

Her sentence was cut short, the pokemon biting down on her leather coat and guiding her. Alice was somewhat irritated by her Deino's odd behavior, but shrugged it off. It was still a 'kid' after all. Managing to catch sight of Sir. Derek, she waited for a reaction to the otherwise glaring students. The bloody boy looked most upset. His name escaped her, but he looked to be suspicious about something. Derek looked uneasy. "If you have something to say, spit it out," Alice thought to herself.

"Okay, okay, everyone settle down. It looks like you've all found your Pokemon, so we're cool now, right? I knew you would, anyways. And it looks like everyone did a splendid job....some, more than others. But you're all here now, so it's okay!" He knew we would? What did that mean? The old guy was slowly getting on her nerves, her own suspicion rising with the other teens. Walking into the middle of the woods with an apparent thief on the loose- a thief no one found- and finding their eggs randomly spawned on the ground was a fishy situation. One that Alice was still slowly taking in.

Along with that, some of them had apparently been attacked while searching. So much for 'Okay'. Alice's eyes peered at the few students who were injured. For an odd reason, one actually appeared to be smiling. Did she adore the attention? As for the others, most had been scratched up, small flesh wounds visible. Most of their eyes were red with fury, for good reason.

Dereck continued talking, a nervous grin on his face, "I suppose I must tell the truth... I was the one to take your eggs! I know, shocking right? Well...maybe not. I knew some of you were on to me."

Alice's trust immediately broke from the man, her eye twitching in pure anger. What was the use hiding the eggs in the first place? To strengthen their 'bonds' with the pokemon? B.S. The Deino, releasing its grip from the girl's clothing, looked up to her with worried eyes. The trainer merely glanced at the pokemon before shooting her face back to Derek. She had been so oblivious. "But don't get your underwear in a bunch over it! I know what I did was wrong, but it was I that gave you the eggs in the first place, no?" he said aloud. Was he taunting them? She didn't know. She just wanted to go home, wherever that was.

"Besides, this was the first in a line of tasks that you will be facing over the next few weeks-" well, isn't that lovely, "-Yes. Every summer, all of the students sent here participate in an event called the Rancher Games. There will be one or two winners of these tasks. Each task, some will be eliminated, until we have our winners remaining. And the winner...will receive a lightened work load, as well as a one-on-one session with the Breeding Master himself. Don't worry, it isn't me! Our special guest will arrive soon after our games end."

Tasks? As in battling, or something different? Alice always had a 'thing' for competitions, as she was very competitive and loved to win as she usually did. Losing was fine as well, though she would always play her hardest whether it was a fight or board game. However, the special guest dug into her mind. A Breeding Master. Alice wasn't interesting in such a person, as breeding pokemon was disgusting in the girl's mind. If she did win, she'd let someone else have the special session. Someone who probably cared more than she did.

"But for now, let's get rolling with the first task! The first round is simple. It will be a regular Pokemon battle against one of the other ranchers here. The battles will take place in three days - so you have some time to get to know your new Pokemon. It will be a standard battle out here, just in front of the middle cabin."

Bingo. A devious smile crossed her face immediately as the word 'battle' sprung into her ears. Both her and Midna would train hard, probably bond some more while doing so. Alice promised herself she'd raise the Deino well. This was her shot to get the attention of some of the ranchers. A flared up battle. From below, the little dark-type seemed confused, nudging its trainer. No response coming, it bit down on her leg instead, catching Alice off guard as she almost jumped from the sudden pain. She looked down at her pokemon, asking the Deino it what it wanted through eye contact. There was no response, though something felt wrong, gazing into the small pokemon's half-covered eyes.

A large sigh came out from the girl. If they didn't win, everything would be fine. They would just have to train harder to raise up Midna's level. Higher defense, and attack.

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
Well, here's the beginning of this chapter from me!! Not a whole lot, but I think it's good for getting started!!

Chapter 4 - Part 1

Cheyenne really wasn't paying attention when Derek began to speak. Okay, she wasn't paying attention at all. Why the hell would she need to? Not like this guy ever had anything interesting to say. She had managed just fine ignoring him so far. . . Well, maybe not as well as she would have liked, but a lot worse could have happened. It wasn't like listening to him would have saved her a broken ankle, or a nice little bite mark on the neck.

She really hoped that bite mark hadn't infected her or anything. Zubat were part poisonous, so what if that bite had poisoned her? All that she could do was go to the nurse and. . .was there even a nurse? She furrowed her brows, her eyes still closed, thinking. She didn't remember ever seeing one, but then again, they haven't been here that long, nor has she really done and exploring, or really paid attention to things. Maybe she'd just ask someone about it later. But who was she suppose to ask, and what was she suppose to say?

"I was the one to take your eggs!" she opened her eyes immediately, tilting her head down to face where everyone else was looking.

She had only tuned in for a second, and that was what she heard. Derek...Derek...Freaking Derek stole our eggs?! She sent a glare at him, biting down on her tongue as not to grind her teeth together. What possible reason would he have for stealing their eggs?! For the pure enjoyment of it. Surely not. That would be foolish. And it would get him a kick in the behind from the auburn haired girl.

"Besides, this was the first in a line of tasks that you will be facing over the next few weeks. Yes - every summer, all of the students sent here participate in an event called the Rancher Games. There will be one or two winners of these tasks. Each task, some will be eliminated, until we have our winners remaining. And the winner...will receive a lightened work load, as well as a one-on-one session with the Breeding Master himself. Don't worry, it isn't me! Our special guest will arrive soon after our games end."

Cheyenne suddenly scoffed. Games? Games? This was all because of a game?! A test? Did he know the kind of crap they went through looking for those eggs? She can hardly walk and that was because of a game?! It was easy to tell, she was extremely angry at the moment. Games? Of all the dumb things that this could have been for, it was for a game.

"But for now, let's get rolling with the first task! The first round is simple. It will be a regular Pokemon battle against one of the other ranchers here. The battles will take place in three days - so you have some time to get to know your new Pokemon. It will be a standard battle out here, just in front of the middle cabin. So now for the match-ups..."

Cheyenne slammed her hand against the wall, glaring daggers at Derek.

"Wait a freaking second!" she shouted. "You're telling me that I just broke my ankle over a stupid game?! Look at that people in this room! Some of us got injured in your stupid little test..game, whatever you want to call it! Look at Jae and Valentine! They are covered in blood! What if those Pokemon out there had actually done some damage? If I hadn't had Caterpie with me, those Zubat would have eaten me alive! What a stupid thing to do!"

Cheyenne bit on her injured lip right after her outburst. People were looking at her. She glanced around at all the people, some familiar some not. Some who she recognized more than others, and some she never even remembered hearing their names. Either way, they were looking at her, and she didn't like it. She didn't like having a lot of attention. She never had much growing up, aside from her brother, and she wasn't use to it. Even though she did things to grab other's attention, that was only when the situation called for it, and she usually regretted it afterwards...like now for example.

She sighed and let her body go limp against the wall, making it clear she was finished, and had nothing else to say. It seemed like the room waited for a moment, but she saw Derek recover from her outburst, and she knew that it had already been forgotten. So she let her mind travel back to what he said. A Pokemon Battle.

She barely listened through the names, letting the ones she didn't recognize slip right past her. Only for three names did she even attempt to listen.

Jae and Dominic...who is Dominic? She wondered when she heard the girl's name. Well, she wasn't fighting the girl, and that was all that she knew. Not that she even knew anything about her. . . and she wasn't yet positive if she wanted to.

A few more empty names slipped by before she heard her own.

"Cheyenne will be fighting Damian." she clicked her tongue upon hearing this. Another name she didn't know. Another person she had never heard of. Damian. Damian. She repeated the name in her head, making sure she wouldn't forget. She wasn't sure who it was, looking around at the group of kids, so she couldn't take a picture for memories sake, but she could put the name in her mind, and hopefully keep it for later.

Then she heard the other person she had been listening for, the last name called. Valentine and Cynthia. She figured she wouldn't know the person, considering she wasn't really familiar with anyone else, but this one made her think. The name did in fact sound awfully familiar, but she couldn't place it. And she couldn't place the face. Another person she'd have to figure out later.

It seemed that now, Derek was finished speaking, so she let her attention wander to the last two people she had any recollection of. Valentine and Jae. She chewed on her lip absentmindedly, switching her gaze between the two. They both were covered in blood. . . Valentine more than Jae. Of course, she began to worry a bit about them, but they both seemed rather fine. Aside from the appearance, they looked like they were in better shape than she was. But then again, she had always heard not to judge a book by its cover.

Maybe I should check on them. . .just ask if they're all right. . . and then maybe ask them what happened. . .then maybe one of them can give me a hand. . .

She just sighed again, groaning a little. Her good leg was beginning to hurt a little, from the amount of she had been standing on it. And she couldn't switch legs, that would just defeat the purpose of the whole reason she was standing on this leg to begin with! She supposed she could try walking back to the dorm. . but it was hard enough making it back here on her own. She had fallen several times, and had nearly broke down crying, but she was stronger than that. She had seen so much worse than just a sprained ankle. And it was only sprained, not quite broken, but painful enough.

If I'm asking for help. . . now would be the time. but still, she couldn't force herself to call out to anyone. So, she just sighed and closed her eyes again.

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
DON'T WORRY CHILDREN, MOMMY IS BACK! *shot*

@DarkAngel- Short but sweet. :3 and now we all know what Jewel is wearing >:D

@Sweet Dreams - Good job. Nice to know what Alice is thinking ^_^

@Fearless Love - Not much? x_____x Cheyenne is so turning into a Zubat-human hybrid. <3

@EVERYONE - Soon I will be updating the OOC thread with a section on Game Mechanics. This will include how different things will affect your 'game' - how training will work, how researching will happen, how you can obtain other Pokemon, and anything else you're wondering about. So look forward to that and keep that in mind before you make your posts. :) I will allow everyone to beat me up and pick any move they want for their Pokemon if it isn't up by tomorrow. xD (Speaking of that, it'll include how many moves Pokemon get, etc. ;))

Back