• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012

^ This is an example of over analysing.

By all that logic half of the hints pointed out in the anime are wrong. There isn't any fun in that. So yeah.

I picked out one moment for you, seeing as you said there had been no interactions at all. I'd say they could have let Iris run and hide behind a bunch of boxes. But maybe she ran behind Cilan because she thought of him as a protective figure.

It's also really funny that her face is by his butt.
Well yeah they're wrong.

It's also not a "moment", as I explained, because I can easily argue he was simply the most convenient obstacle there was, and he clearly wasn't battling, so how would he have protected her? He certainly didn't try after knowing she was using him as a shield, since none of his pokémon even made an appearance.

Shipping is fun in general, but it's aggravating that people tote, "This is evidence!" when it's really nothing more than their shipping goggles in place. Call this scene cute (it is funny), but if people are so starved for their couples that they would grip to the tiniest, not remotely evidential things, then bweh? Seeing characters interact is one thing, but you have to over-analyze if you even want to call it a hint or evidence.

Because I never said there were no interactions ; I said there was nothing shippy in the last seven episodes. You claim that scene is shippy. It's not, so my point still stands.

Though personally, I don't think they are aiming to give Iris a bona fied love interest between the two of them. She certainly treats them as bros, and that's as unromantic as you can get.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Or that Cilan likes it in the butt. Or Iris wants his butt. <_<

ZeroX5 said:
Drew, and May interest in each other was already established by this point in the series (60 episodes), as was Kenny's interest in Dawn

But Kenny's interest in Dawn was one-sided whereas May and Drew's wasn't? Seems to me that May found something in Drew. Dawn just shot Kenny's advances down in that "letter".

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
Snivy + Bulbasaur = Snulbasaur <3

You know that when Ash returns home Snivy and Bulbasaur are gonna be there chilling with Bulbasaur going "Yeah, I own this place. Charizard thinks he's hard but he's off training coz he's week you get me. Shame I'm always having to look after everyone, I'm always babysitting."

That's where Snivy realises they have something in common and is like "Sames. Oshawott thought he was all that but couldn't do jack and was scared of opening his eyes in water the idiot. And I was always babysitting Axew and Scraggy when they ran off. I ran things in Unova."

And then that's where Bulbasaur realises that they're perfrect for each other so picks Snivy up using Vine Whip and spins round with her and runs off with her for some fun, then Heracross tries to follow so Snivy's uses Leaf Storm to blow him away before using Attract on Bulbasaur to confirm the deal and they live happily ever after.

You know this is a real thing.....

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
This is the most legit theory posted in this thread or a while. Snulbasaur...I like saying it.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Nooooope.

They have only conversed for a grand total of 1-2 minutes. Paul doesn't even recognize her when she tried to stop Ash and Paul from fighting (okay, so they have only met once, but him being Ash's rival he SHOULD be able to recognize the person standing right beside Ash). And the second time they had interaction the conversation was all about Ash. And Reggie, too, I think.

Honestly, I see Ash and Paul becoming a couple more xD
no i do not ship them

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hello again! ^^

Dawn and Paul was cool for a bit, I liked the part during the Sinnoh League championship where she had that little scene with Paul. I did like their interesting dynamic throughout the series though. Paul didn't lash out at her as he did to Ash.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I agree with Tachibana. Paul doesn't seem to care about her at all or show much that he recognized her. The two in a relationship wouldn't turn out that great. I can see Dawn going with Barry though since it seemed that Barry did care for Dawn and would help her out if he needs to.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
I agree with Tachibana. Paul doesn't seem to care about her at all or show much that he recognized her. The two in a relationship wouldn't turn out that great. I can see Dawn going with Barry though since it seemed that Barry did care for Dawn and would help her out if he needs to.
Yeah, I agree with him, Dawn and Barry, I can see, Dawn and Paul, I can't

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
You've upset a massive Ikarishipper. >: Dawn and Paul together work perfectly. Like butter and bread. All your arguments are invalid.

I agree with Tachibana. Paul doesn't seem to care about her at all or show much that he recognized her.
That's his ego, he probably just said that to annoy her at the time. Either that or if he had forgotten about her, that was because they hardly interacted at all before, I just remember her watching the battle between Paul and Ash, so there wasn't much of her to remember.

The two in a relationship wouldn't turn out that great.
I disagree. He opened up to her quite a bit in the lilly of the vally conference. I think it would be a rough relationship, but a fun one at that too. /inset hot n' cold.

I can see Dawn going with Barry though since it seemed that Barry did care for Dawn and would help her out if he needs to.
Yeah, I agree with him, Dawn and Barry, I can see, Dawn and Paul, I can't
nononononononono. The only think I can ship with Barry is either money/fines or Paul. That is it. Or Empoleon, cause, like, they look sexy together. ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I can see Ash and Dawn together. If you have watched DP saga you know what I mean. Dawn flirted with Ash and she really cared about Ash unlike Misty and May. Ash and Dawn have so many similitaries and they are meant to eachothers. Besides I'm PearlShipping fan.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
You've upset a massive Ikarishipper. >: Dawn and Paul together work perfectly. Like butter and bread. All your arguments are invalid.

That's his ego, he probably just said that to annoy her at the time. Either that or if he had forgotten about her, that was because they hardly interacted at all before, I just remember her watching the battle between Paul and Ash, so there wasn't much of her to remember.

I disagree. He opened up to her quite a bit in the lilly of the vally conference. I think it would be a rough relationship, but a fun one at that too. /inset hot n' cold.

nononononononono. The only think I can ship with Barry is either money/fines or Paul. That is it. Or Empoleon, cause, like, they look sexy together. ;)

As someone who ships Ikari for fun, I agree with everything you wrote. :) Ah, if this were any anime but Pokemon, Paul/Dawn could've been so much fun XD I loved the scenes at the 1st gym and when Dawn was listening into Paul's conversation, I just wish they got more scenes together. So much potential. Like Barry never fining Paul...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
His ego? Paul's a bit of a cold douche, but his ego isn't so out of control that he'd do it just to seem more superior. I'm pretty sure it was more the case he honestly didn't remember her, since he didn't seem to give two cents to her existence 10+ episodes ago. Which says something about himself; of course he'd later remember a flailing wench making a spectacle of herself.

Given how he does handle her a million episodes later, he doesn't have an ego to those he isn't in conflict with, but he's also not making an effort to /talk/ to her; he's talking /at/ her, about Ash. If anything, it's Dawn who's trying to soothe the savage beast, but I don't think she's doing it because she like-likes him, but because they're all in the same boat (as it were).

...But then again, I'm a Brock/Paul 'shipper, and I'm bias to say that's the healthiest Paul 'ship out of the twerps. <3 At least there's a twinge of respect there, unlike the other two. *two points of interaction WHYYYYYYYYYY*

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
...But then again, I'm a Brock/Paul 'shipper, and I'm bias to say that's the healthiest Paul 'ship out of the twerps. <3 At least there's a twinge of respect there, unlike the other two. *two points of interaction WHYYYYYYYYYY*
Paul definitely found respect for Ash at the end of the series, so I don't know about out of all the twerps. I also only really remember Brock and Paul have real interaction in that one episode where he told Paul he had a lot in common with Ash. On the same boat as you would say. :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012

Paul definitely found respect for Ash at the end of the series, so I don't know about out of all the twerps. I also only really remember Brock and Paul have real interaction in that one episode where he told Paul he had a lot in common with Ash. On the same boat as you would say. :3
There was the berating during the team team tourney over Chimchar, and then there was...that episode. With...I don't remember anything about it, except the interaction. DP 100.

Ash took 190 episodes to respect. XD;; Brock did it in, like, 50. Though I'm not kidding myself; it's definitely because Brock was older, and Paul respects those who are older (their wisdom is a matter of debate; oh Reggie, lil bro won't throw you a bone because you derped up).

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Happy New Year everyone!

Ah, it makes me happy that we're discussing old shippings. I don't know how but I feel jaded just looking at the recent shippings.

Dawn and Paul may have not had any scenes together, but I did like what we did get throughout the season.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
My first post in the thread~

I can see Ash and Dawn together. If you have watched DP saga you know what I mean. Dawn flirted with Ash and she really cared about Ash unlike Misty and May. Ash and Dawn have so many similitaries and they are meant to eachothers. Besides I'm PearlShipping fan.

I strongly disagree, and here's a bunch of big reasons why. :) Glorious yet avid AdvanceShipper hailing from the ol' BG Shipper's Paradise ;)

Spoiler:

Surprisingly, its a wonder this thread even stays open with all the topics that are oh so prone to bickering :/
But, that just shows how well-behaved the PokéCommunity can be ;)

EDIT:
Happy New Year everyone!

Ah, it makes me happy that we're discussing old shippings. I don't know how but I feel jaded just looking at the recent shippings.

Dawn and Paul may have not had any scenes together, but I did like what we did get throughout the season.
That's new shiz for me. Did I just go old-school on your ass, or what? XD Naw, I kid, but seriously, the only DP I've seen is like four episodes from Battle Dimension and two or three episodes from Galactic Battles, and that it for me with DP.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Spoiler:
What.

Where are your sources, because there are so many down-right stunning fanart of so many couples, and I could probably go find some not-that-pretty works of Advanceshipping with ease (nice of you to name two J!artists as your saviors). So, yeah, that's not a strong point. That's a 'shipper's ego. Sure, I can say it's pretty, but I've seen artwork much better than Suzu's. So, no. This is serious eye-of-the-beholder territory, since it's certainly no way to claim it is "top."

You're right it's controversial, because no one could back this claim up successfully, without proof. Of which there is nothing definitive to provide.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I actually see much better art of the game characters than any of the anime characters

SatoHaru is not based around a love-hate relationship.

SatoHaru has three major 'ships that conflict with it

Just pointing out that Pearlshipping isn't a love-hate relationship, either.

Aand I'm just saying that I'm amused Ash/Iris isn't a major ship. I don't think I've seen so many people around avidly shipping it as the previous girl in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back