• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Oh! You mean more distinct differences between genders? I wouldn't mind, especially because most Pokemon don't really have gender differences at all. :x

Generation IV rather do this well as they are many Pokemon really look different with gender differences. That sometimes make me wonder why GF didn't do the same with Generation V. We've only got two Pokemon with really distinct gender difference. While the differences that the two Pokemon have, why wouldn't they make some? Like, female Sawsbuck have smaller horn or female Samurott have less beard.

You sure same as your name, Game Freak >__>

blue

gucci
Years

Ninfia (or Sylveon) in battle and it looks like it's using a mixture of moves which include Trump Card and Swift. Also notice how Hariyama, Gligar and Krookodile are in the scene too, I wonder if they will contribute to the Pokedex?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Ninfia (or Sylveon) in battle and it looks like it's using a mixture of moves which include Trump Card and Swift. Also notice how Hariyama, Gligar and Krookodile are in the scene too, I wonder if they will contribute to the Pokedex?

I like how sort of angelic/delicate looking it is in battle. :3 In fact, I kind of like what we've seen for the in-game battle scenes thus far, it really isn't as bad as I thought it'd be at first. XD;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sylveon? What kind of name is that. Guess its flying though, no reason for it not to be now, the name is of an air fairy, so yeah. Still a weird design for flying.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Unfortunately, there wasn't much pokemon news related to pokemon X&Y on the new Nintendo Direct. ;__;

I do like how Sylveon looks in battle; other than Trump Card and Swift, I wonder what other attacks it used? Maybe they were new attacks? Or just ampted up versions of the previous ones?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unfortunately, there wasn't much pokemon news related to pokemon X&Y on the new Nintendo Direct. ;__;

I do like how Sylveon looks in battle; other than Trump Card and Swift, I wonder what other attacks it used? Maybe they were new attacks? Or just ampted up versions of the previous ones?
It looked like it used shadow ball in one scene.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yeah, it was confirmed today by The Pokemon Company. I'm happy that they decided to change it's name completely rather than going for Nineon, Sylveon sounds much more majestic.

Definitely does sound better than Nineon. I might actually get a female one for my first playthrough (if possible) and call it Sylvia haha.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Can I just say that the game is looking so good? And its not final footage, which likely means that the battles will look even better hopefully. I can't wait till they come out, its gonna be such a fresh experience.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah, it was confirmed today by The Pokemon Company. I'm happy that they decided to change it's name completely rather than going for Nineon, Sylveon sounds much more majestic.

Nineon would've just reminded me of a TV show I used to dislike. XD; So really, the current name is nicer, and I'm glad they decided to change it (and that we found out early!)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think Sylveon just sounds better anyway compared to the alternative. Also...

It's really cuddly, even though the bows and stuff sound like something a bit iffy.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Huh, looks like the battlegrounds are dynamic too. What I mean is that in the original trailer the forests edge battleground was a flat plain, but here there is a ledge behind Sylveon, and I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a structure in the original trailer battles as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sylvia is latin for forest so maybe it is a bug type?

That'd be great if it looked like bug, which it... kind of doesn't. :( Everything else actually looks like its typing, unfortunately.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I can't see how it can fly or even glide. It may be the lightest eeveelution but it's still 23kgs/51lbs . It does not have an Aerodynamical body shape. Those ribbons can not lift that weight. Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ? It doesn't look like anything but Normal typed to me.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I can't see how it can fly or even glide. It may be the lightest eeveelution but it's still 23kgs/51lbs . It does not have an Aerodynamical body shape. Those ribbons can not lift that weight. Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ? It doesn't look like anything but Normal typed to me.

I really hope it is not normal even thought at a point the normal eeveelution will be inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back