• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ahah, I did the same thing with Cubone! I was mortified to find out he wasn't a starter in the future editions :(

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years

I didn't cry, but got pretty sad in Sky and Time when Skitty left. But even sadder before that, when Grovyle left. Also, the jukebox in Sky made me so happy. That dungeon you can go to after you defeat Regigigas has awesome music :DDDD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I strongly recommend trying one if you get the chance, they're incredibly well-thought out and addictive games! Best replay value of the franchise imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's a shame I don't have a 3DS yet (I just keep reminding myself that it was because I want a pet which I am very happy with). But the new PMD game will likely be the first game I will buy for my 3DS after I finish playing Kingdom Hearts DDD (which I already have I just... need a 3DS).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Honestly my favourite PMD games were the original Blue and Red ones! I think it's because they're the first games to have such a deep emotional response from me that I hold them as pretty special haha.

Years

I never played a Mystery Dungeon game, but at least I got a 3DS so I'm prepared for X and Y.

And yeah, I've been heavily inactive from this thread lol.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

It's a shame I don't have a 3DS yet (I just keep reminding myself that it was because I want a pet which I am very happy with). But the new PMD game will likely be the first game I will buy for my 3DS after I finish playing Kingdom Hearts DDD (which I already have I just... need a 3DS).

Gates to Infinity?

Oh God oh God no. The thing looks absolutely terrible! They only let you play as five set pokemon (I believe it's the Unova starters, Axew and . . . perhaps Pikachu.) and the whole thing sounded . . . intensely bad.
I want another PMD game like Red/Blue and Time/Darkness/Sky. They were both good, and T/D/S had one of the greatest stories in a pokemon game ever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

I should try playing through PMD2 again. It was nice but for some reason I stopped. Think I got stuck in an important cave somewhere xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Didn't go well ;; Don't have the patience xD

Something else I don't have the patience for is playing through Sinnoh games. I never reached further than... uh... that coal mine town ._. I think. They are just so slow, those games.

Imo Hoenn had the most pleasant and enjoyable play style/mechanics.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Keep dying in PMD Explorers of Darkness ugh, it's getting hard to keep interested!

I much prefer Sinnoh to Hoenn though as far as main-series games are concerned - at first it's not a wonderful region but once you've passed the first couple of towns it's my favourite by far. There's some incredible areas to explore like Snowpoint, Mt Coronet, Sunnyshore, the mysterious lakes, Eterna Forest, etc, and the Pokémon that game in with Gen IV were by far the most interesting. Hoenn was cool, but the amount of water was tedious haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Gates to Infinity?

Oh God oh God no. The thing looks absolutely terrible! They only let you play as five set pokemon (I believe it's the Unova starters, Axew and . . . perhaps Pikachu.) and the whole thing sounded . . . intensely bad.
I want another PMD game like Red/Blue and Time/Darkness/Sky. They were both good, and T/D/S had one of the greatest stories in a pokemon game ever.
I completely ignored your advice (rather I didn't see it until now) and frankly I am glad because the new PMD is amazing imo.It might have sounded bad but I enjoyed the story throughout and didn't really put the game down until the credits. I've yet to completely finish the story but I'm close. The story brought me to tears multiple times and despite only being able to pick five Pokemon at the beginning I'd say Companion Mode makes up for it very well. Frankly, I think actually playing the game proves (to me) that you cannot just judge a game or anything just by what you initially are told about it. Nor can you always base your decisions on what other people say.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years

I'm so relieved. I don't even care that there's just 5 Pokemon initially. I was worried that the new Pokemon game would lack story, because that what it looked like just from appearance. (The story is the main reason why I love the first two games to death. : D)

Not to mention a few of the new games from Nintendo have gotten their story dumbed down thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm glad he didn't decide to butt in with Pokemon. It was unlikely, but there was a chance, haha.

I'm definitely going to grab it straight away once it comes out in Australia!
Also, Tara, why didn't you tell me you got a 3DS. :TTTT

Although, from what I've seen, I'm disappointed about how they removed the quiz! I really liked that. : (

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

The new Mewtwo form (confirmed or not?) is bugging me, I'm not looking forward to seeing it in the games .-.

Back