• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Yeah, it's normal for this place to be quiet, elija... though given all that's been going on the past month or so, it's WAY too quiet O_O

So, at SoS this year, Sonic Paradox showed off thier sequel to Seaside Denied- METROPOLIS MAYHEM!

More Tails abuse, Tails "accidentally" gets revenge, more Chaos Cosplay! And Cream is apparently a pervert... And was that a sequel hook at the end? 83

Song link: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/546951 Of course, the video has WAY more content than the mp3.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome to the club, Ashketchum24, AnonygooseD, and ErikaInRainbowCity! Ah, apologies for the quietness, folks! While there are a handful of fans here, and we can have club-related emblems... I've been busy for the most part. :( Maybe I'll need a few hands to come up with events, if you want them. Discussions are fine too!

Am I the only one here who joined for being a fan of the Anime?
I've seen all of Sonic X and an episode or two of the older series. I liked watching Sonic X as a child, but it's kind of corny sometimes. :D I guess nothing is as wonderful when watching as a child, hm?

Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?
I like him when he's not bumbling around like a buffoon. It was funny in Colors, okay in Generations, and now I'm kind of exhausted to see that behavior in Lost World. He's more villainous and threatening when he's a menace, for me, haha.

Anybody go to Sonic Boom or watch a Livestream of the event? If you can't attend events, would you like to?
I forgot all about it this year! Usually, I check fansites like TSSZ or Sonic Stadium to keep myself updated with Lost World. I'd love to attend events - I've played Generations well before it became available as a demo. That wasn't a Sonic-related event, though. I need a reason to wear my Sonic hat again. :P

Surprised that Sonic's rashness is what caused those yetis to break Eggman's control. :O It makes more sense now knowing they have to work together then.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?

I like Eggman as Robotnik, but I do prefer him more as the modern Eggman. By that I mean where he poses as comic relief and doubles as a serious threat. Sorta like he was in Colors and Unleashed (at least that's how I thought of him :3).

Yeah, it's normal for this place to be quiet, elija... though given all that's been going on the past month or so, it's WAY too quiet O_O

I know right.. With all the stuff announced for SLW, I'm surprised... Speaking of which, earlier it was announced that the European pre-orders will feature some exclusive stages and bosses from NiGHTS Into Dreams. I believe this will get to be a DLC add-on and Europe chose to make it a pre-order bonus, what do you think about this addition?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/2...x-edition-features-bosses-from-nights-series/

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Apparently North America is getting the Preorder DLC as well... and it'll be available through everyone.

I'm kind of upset about this only being on WiiU though, as I simply can't justify buying a console for ONE game just yet, especially since the 3ds DOES still get the game sans that DLC... which sucks, cuz the 3DS CAN have DLC!

I haven't watched any of the trailers except the latest one, since I wanna avoid spoilers, but woah, did I see a BOMB Wisp!? And apparently there's a world map... looks cool. and apparently Wiiverse functions... not sure if I'm crazy about that...

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
Username:HearttheWolf
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Gonna be different here and say Fleetway Super Sonic, and Shard the Metal Sonic. *major comic fan*

"Thoughts on Eggman? Did you like him more as good ol' Robotnik; the funny villain who can't carry out plans very well with his dumb helpers? Or did you like him more as the "redesigned" Dr. Eggman we know today; the eviler & more serious version with crazier, brutal plans?"

Eggman has become a joke in all senses of the word in the gaming world. Like, he's ALWAYS betrayed by his own creatons, and even when he does accomplish SOMETHING (Like, taking control of Tails in Colours) it's short-lived. Sure, that's kinda the point, but it seems he's always the butt of all the jokes -- and even Sonic lampshades it in Generations! ("Really, we beat him every time")

However, I absolutely love how he's portrayed in the Archie comics (And in the fleetway comics, but that's rather obscure). He actually IS insane, brutal, and dark. And not just trying (and failing) to be. The fight with Eggman is an ongoing battle there (like a war), and not just Eggman's Robot/Evil Deity of the Day.

Eggman in the games:

Orbot: So, what are we going to do today Doctor?

Eggman: Same thing we do every day Orbot... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

*phew* and there's my rant for the afternoon.

"Anybody go to Sonic Boom or watch a Livestream of the event? If you can't attend events, would you like to?"
No, I couldn't go this year ;-;.... But I'm already making plans to go to Summer of Sonic next year!

Just gonna throw this one in here because Sonic X was brought up earlier.

Dark Super Sonic. 'Nough said.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Welcome, HearttheWolf! 8D

On the topic of Eggman, now I wonder: What would happen if Eggman DID suceed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?

Spoiler:

I for one would love to see such a premise... it would make Eggman less of a joke, and present a different angle on the whole "Sonic VS Eggman" deal. We DID get to finally see "Eggmanland" in Sonic Unleashed after about... what, almost a decade?

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome, HearttheWolf! Nice to see a huge comic fan here. :) I've only read a few, but they were pretty amazing. This is the first time I've heard of Shard, though. Ooo yeah Dark Super Sonic was rad, even if he only had a few seconds of screen time.

Pre-order DLC already? New stages and bosses revealed? That trailer looks great. Shame I don't have anyone to play the co-op with me if I get it. 8D; I still doubt I'll get a WiiU for one or two games (new Smash Bros). I only got a few games for my Wii, and I don't want to buy a fairly wasteful purchase again.

What would happen if Eggman DID succeed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?
Wouldn't Eggman win if Sonic didn't break his control on the Deadly Six? Aww now I would pay to see that kind of ending. Lost World would be Lost World, yeah! Game over! Eggman should first avoid using gods/monsters to do his bidding.

Also, I'm happy to share with you all that we have a new co-owner now, Artificial-Insanity! Congrats!

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
What would happen if Eggman DID succeed in his crazy plan at the end of the game, and defeated Sonic?
Wouldn't Eggman win if Sonic didn't break his control on the Deadly Six? Aww now I would pay to see that kind of ending. Lost World would be Lost World, yeah! Game over! Eggman should first avoid using gods/monsters to do his bidding.

Well, as much as I would love to see that kinda ending, it kinda wouldn't be Sonic's game anymore, eh?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

SONIC SHORTS VOLUME 8 YES!

Okay, woulda been a bit funnier if a couple of the shorts in there weren't already out there but... oh well. I can't really say much without spoiling it, so, just watch it! 8D

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
For one, thank you for all the warm welcomes ^.^ You know, even though I started off with an extreme rant.

@TwilightBlade The comics are amazing (I'll probably be referancing them a lot), and you should really go read about Shard. XD He's the first Metal Sonic ever built (like the one from Sonic CD), and he's now reformed to the good side x3. Now he's in a group called 'The Secret Freedom Fighters'.....

I'll stop now before I start fangirling even more.

*ahem*

I have been waiting For a game with that concept. I really, really, really want the heroes to loose for once. Like, for once, Sonic has to retreat and watch what happens when he fails.
(I'd like to direct you all to Archie Sonic comics #175, 176, and 177)

I also love the concept of Sonic himself turning to be the villian and his friends have to stop Sonic himself. (Which is why I like Dark Super Sonic and Fleetway Super Sonic). They were going the right way for that with the werehog.. but they fell short and made Sonic retain his personality (I have this whole theory about dark, light, and neutral chaos energy). I think they could have done so much more with that.

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Username: kuzronk
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Tails or Amy
Answer a Discussion Topic (What do you think about Sonic's appearance in Wreck-It-Ralph or about the movie in general?): I found it pretty good and unique. Sonic's cameo reminded me of Sonic Sayz from The adventures of sonic the headhog.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Hey ya'll, I've been away for a while; time to kick butt down in....wait sorry

I've been off this site for a quite a bit (two months exactly) due to personal and family issues. Of course, there's a new Sonic game making rounds called Sonic Lost World. So far previews have been positive; I wanna know what's your current opinion(s) on what has been so far.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
No worries, ChaosSonic, it can happen to anyone. x3
Also, welcome, kuzronk! =D

I know this is sudden, but since it's Labor Day weekend, I suddenly feel like doing a stream of Sonic Adventure 2 HDPC tomarrow. (That's Sept 2nd) Say, around 3pm EST? Link to my Twitch is in my sig.
I have a special surprise planned, but I won't say what it is. xP

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome, kuzronk!

ChaosSonic, no worries. Life responsibilities and happiness come before a forum. You take it easy. Things have been rather slow here.

You know, I still haven't watched Wreck-it Ralph. What's wrong with me, lazy me, haha. I heard it was really good. If I had the time and folks have a heads up about the event a week+ before it happens, we could host a watching/livestreaming party. >.<

How about topics in the meantime?

Any moments in the series (including games, comics, movies, cartoons) that evoked an emotional response from you?

What is your favorite idle animation from any character?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2021
Username: gokaiblue
Favorite Sonic character(s): Sonic and Tails.
Topic: My initial impressions of Sonic Lost Works had me wishing the game was out sooner so I could play it sooner. In other words, I love it!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Welcome, gokaiblue!

I know how you feel, and since I live in NA, I have to wait an extra 10 days to play the game! >.<
Which means, and extra 10 days to have to avoid spoilers! GAH! D8

Say, has anyone here ever done any Sonic Roleplaying? be it, as official characters, or fan-characters?

I for one, have, with my friend irl. We've got a good mish-mosh of the official characters, fan-characters, original characters, and some hybrids even o.o
We're never consistent either, always making newer and "better" stories, and returning to older ones to revise them, ect.
One of the constants is the focus on the "Chaos Rings" and the world of "Catatonia", which is basically a twin-world to Mobius. Our stories also have a heavy focus on the use of magic. Also, various different Anime/game Worlds come into play (ie: FMA, Naruto, the Majokai from Ojamajo Doremi, and even My Little Pony, and some trace amounts of Kingdom Hearts)
We've done a whole bunch of whacky things in our stories, including some stuff you'd expect only from crackfics... o.o

---
And also, I've been busy, moving house, and making time for friends and family... right now I'm in the process of finding a job, so it's been hectic! ^.^'

Skalla

Drama Queen
Years
Sonic Lost World finally comes out in NA on Tuesday, but I'm happy for that. But after the mixed reception its gotten I'm still very weary about getting it. I also heard the 3ds version does better in some areas which surprises me considering its made by Dimps.

Also Artificial Insanity, nice Master Zik avatar you got there.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Theres a lot of cool sonic browser games I play. Havent played the sega one for like six years lol

Years
Sonic Lost World finally comes out in NA on Tuesday, but I'm happy for that. But after the mixed reception its gotten I'm still very weary about getting it. I also heard the 3ds version does better in some areas which surprises me considering its made by Dimps.

Also Artificial Insanity, nice Master Zik avatar you got there.

I just got my copy at launch, and so far I'm really enjoying it. There is a tad of a learning curve for the controls, as there isn't really a decent tutorial and there attempts at help prompts are a tad difficult to manage (You have to tap the touch screen when random indicates tell you too). Once you get over the learning curve though. The game is a blast. It will feel a bit weird at first, because Sonic is slower, but the trade off is (as long as you have the controls down), is that he's really precise. I'm about halfway though the game now, and have yet to be really disappointed really. It's also more challenging then both Colors and Generations, but there are a few cheap death moments, but not really any game breaking cheap death moments.

Back